The new ESF versions

Best answers
Wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzup!!!

I want 2 ask the team wath are there plans 4 now on the new ESF versions that will apear.....

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The next versions that we are working on is public beta 1.3 which features further transformations for all characters. We have a long term plan for many different versions in the future, starting with transformations to a new CTDB to a lot of things I can't really say in public. Look forward to the new versions. :)

As for 1.3, we'll be releasing an outline soon.

Best answers
You're best bet is to search the site for a 1.3 outline. I'm not sure if they have released full details on that or not, but generally the outline tells you what can be expected of the next version. Be aware that some of the things on the list might not be implemented and are just ideas (possibly carried over to the next versions). Hope this helps. I do know they always release outlines to the public, so you'll just have to find it.

EDIT:: Gr00vy beat me to it =p

Best answers
And when u transform it will be the same or the transformations will have new effects?
Oh yeah I know this is a stupid question but....will the team put dbz movie caracters in a future version...I mean have they change there mind about movie caracters and gt??well Gt maybe not but movie villains?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course there's going to be new effects for the transformations. As for movie/GT characters, the official stance is that they will not be added. That's not to say that they can't change their minds about it if they want to, but as of now, they haven't given any indication that they will.

-Karrde-

Best answers
10x...u know I asked this question about movie caracters cuz I heard that they could be planned 4 esf 1.4

Best answers
By the time 1.3 comes out DBA will be out for HL2 and will fetear everything includin the movies GT dont know... But IF this game does get to 1.4 im guessing it will at least have movie content

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
By the time the team start talking about outlines and such for 1.4 everyone will be playing Half-life 3 any way. Well it takes that long for the new patches to come out, look at 1.2.1 it was supose to have been released a week after 1.2 but that took 6 months. By the team any newer versions will be released computers will probably be obsolete :) nah just joking Go Team :)

Best answers
@Smeg..... who wants a smack with the harsens emu stick of death? its all well and good to complain about the team, when your not on it working your ass off =P. AS for 1.2.2 would you rather we gave you a broken patch now, that didnt totally fix everything (or) a patch that fixes all the problems later?

1.2.2 has nothing to do with me mind you, its all coding. I'm working towards 1.3, the team has enough cooking in its Half-Life oven of doom to keep even the most hardcore DBZ fan happy.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2.2 has nothing to do with me mind you, its all coding. I'm working towards 1.3, the team has enough cooking in its Half-Life oven of doom to keep even the most hardcore DBZ fan happy.
i wub u so...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Raven Blade said:
@Smeg..... who wants a smack with the harsens emu stick of death? its all well and good to complain about the team, when your not on it working your ass off =P. AS for 1.2.2 would you rather we gave you a broken patch now, that didnt totally fix everything (or) a patch that fixes all the problems later?

Raven blade dont read it the wrong way, all I ment was the team are still fixing up 1.2.2,1.3 wont be released for another year and EVIL_GOKU was already asking about 1.4. I am not asking them to release it now and of course I dont want a patch that doesn't work. You sure you read the right post :)

I am not really complaining about the time its takes to release patches, I just think its really funny how people as the same questions about "When is 1.3 coming out" and "what is going to be in 1.4" when the team always responds with "Its done when its done" and "Wait for the outline it will be out soon".
:p

Best answers
he just stating the facts bud. Taking it the wrong way will just result in flames...but it is true...these things take time and most likely yea if there was a 1.4......hl3 might be out. if there was such a thing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With 4d graphics =/ I have a feeling they won't do much after 1.3, and it's understandable. Would you work your ass off only to know people are going to play some other game? After 1.3 I don't think there will be a point making any big changes, seeing as people will eventually leave ESF for newer games =/ Course, I'll play it forvehr =)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe they'll bring it out of Beta stages?

Best answers
Smeg said:
Raven blade dont read it the wrong way, all I ment was the team are still fixing up 1.2.2,1.3 wont be released for another year and EVIL_GOKU was already asking about 1.4. I am not asking them to release it now and of course I dont want a patch that doesn't work. You sure you read the right post :)

I am not really complaining about the time its takes to release patches, I just think its really funny how people as the same questions about "When is 1.3 coming out" and "what is going to be in 1.4" when the team always responds with "Its done when its done" and "Wait for the outline it will be out soon".
:p
Heh you people really need to read more into posts, if ESF 1.3 wasent going to be released for another year....... why would I be working my ass off? ;)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I noticed that. Nearly every week you guys pump out a new model. At this rate it should be ready pretty damn soon.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Raven Blade said:
Heh you people really need to read more into posts, if ESF 1.3 wasent going to be released for another year....... why would I be working my ass off? ;)

I am just going by how long its taken to release the previous beta's. The team isn't known for its speedy releases so I am just stating the facts. I am just saying, why ask about 1.4 when 1.2.2 isn't even out nor 1.3.

Best answers
Smeg said:
By the time the team start talking about outlines and such for 1.4 everyone will be playing Half-life 3 any way. Well it takes that long for the new patches to come out, look at 1.2.1 it was supose to have been released a week after 1.2 but that took 6 months. By the team any newer versions will be released computers will probably be obsolete :) nah just joking Go Team :)
/me beats Smeg with teh emu stick of death.

I wouldn't call 7 releases (alpha's 1.5,1.8,1.9,2.0; beta's 1.0,1.1,1.2) in 3 years and 10 months slow. But ofcourse you know tons of other mods that have major releases every 7 months?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah Phil sorry your right I mean the time it took to release 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 was really quick. The alpha versions were pretty crappy.
Natural Selections had regular releases.
But like I have said numerous times before if you had read ahead all I was saying was why ask about 1.4 when 1.2.2 hasn't even been released!!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom