The most unrequested but possibly interesting idea ever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about a cvar to disable flying?

When you swoop, you could still go in any direction, you'd just land on the ground after it was over with. I know it sounds weird but with wall and beam jumping in the game I think it could make things really interesting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure would cut down on beam spamming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great idea, would be cool to combine this idea with lowered gravity (svar) and beamjumping for some Dragonball style battles :)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm down for it, and making it a server option as well.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you would still be able to swoop, just not fly? I guess it couldn't hurt adding it in. It'd be weird as hell playing like that.

edit: This is a bit off topic, but while we're at it, can we add in a cvar to enable / disable transformations?

Best answers
cvar commands should be easy to make, but when you said Dragonball Style battle <-- Do I look at a new game mode here? :p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like a good idea, I wonder why nobody thought of it before... just wondering though, could you still charge a beam in the air? and powering up in the air, would that stop you temporarily from flying?

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This idea could make the game really interesting... Especially with lower gravity, and simple melee enabled. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about instead of swooping you just dash in a direction. Same principle as swooping except shorter distances. Can't dash in midair, because you need to push off from the ground.

Cause I mean, swooping kind of defeats the purpose of not flying. :S It would just let people glide around much easier.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will jump on the bandwagon and say I don't see anything wrong with the idea and it might even add something interesting to the gameplay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's how I envision this working:

Swooping would work the same, you would just always be on the ground when you do it (think Goku v. Vegeta II, during the Buu Saga). Sort of a dash/hover.

Beams obviously blow up if you're on the ground. Hopefully the team will find some way to deal with this in the future, but for the sake of this idea, it's not much of a problem to charge the beam on the ground and jump into the air to fire it. For beams or projectiles which don't let you move while charging, you could just jump into the air and hold down mouse 1, which would charge the attack in mid-air (meaning the others would have to knock you down, giving you an advantage if you wall jump, etc).

I think swooping could work in all directions, you just would immediately fall down from the sky, but I can easily see that as exploitable and people using it to fly.

Otherwise I'm not seeing any holes in things, but then again I'm not entirely focused right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom