The Meaning of it all...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im sure this question has crossed the minds of many... But as much
as this question has bothered me... I decided to create a topic...
Maybe if we all put our ideas together, we could just come up with
one big theory? I dont know... I never know... no one will ever
know... and im tired of not knowing... aren't you?

Sometimes... I talk out loud, not to myself... to the... just in
case-god... I dont know if there is a god... I dont know if there
is a heaven, I dont know if there is a hell, or a satan... But I
do know one thing... the way I see religion... Its for people that
are delusional... When I die... will it be my fault that I went to
hell? Because I did not beleive in god? Not long ago, god was just
known as god... these days hese known as Jenova. I shouldn't be
the one to blame. There is no proof in this world of there being a
god. For all we know the Bible was just written by some guy who
was wondering about the same thing and just asumed we were put
here by some superior being.

Another thing... Why do I live, but others die? I am probably one
of the most useless people on this planet... I am not successful
at anything... I have no talents... I cant dance, I cant sing, I
dont do anyone any favors. All I do is fight, hurt others, if its
emotionally, or physically... Im hyperactive, and half the time I
do nothing but stay at home or hang out with my "friends". I have
no job, I dont support my parents, I dont help out around the
house... mainly because my mother is a good-for-nothing ***** who
does what her boyfriend tells her to do. If anything she should
be the one to die. She never supported me or gave me money when I
needed it, she lied to me about being married to the son of a

There is no answer to these questions... And what is time? Where
did it begin? And what is, what was? before time even began...
What is outer space? And is it infinite? If so why is it there?
If it is limitless what is the point of all that space? If it is
limited then where does it end? If there is a god... why is it
so wrong to drop the answer on us? If we rebelled against his or
her wishes he/she could easily destroy us. Or is god, just the
"second wheel"? Is Lady Destiny more superior than god? Can miss
fate change his fate as well as ours? If so then what is her
purpose?

Fate...and god... My reasons as of to why I beleive its all a
dream... The only diffrence is that... when you die... you'll
literally be paralyzed forever... in an eternal darkness... Why
be placed on a huge green and blue ball... why feel pain...
where as the book says... it can easily be taken away... I dont
know about you, but life would be much easier without churches
or religion.
I quoted it so it wont seem so long :p

Best answers
lol, well give me someone who can prove to me that god doesnt exist, and that religion is useless and meaningless, then ill think of some atheistic human empowering answer to the question. Till then, im def a god is the answer guy.

Best answers
Well I think I can answer a few of those questions.

What is time? A Dimension.

Where did it Begin? Time can't begin in or at a place because it's a dimension.

What was there before time began? No such thing as "before" if there was no time.

What is outer space? The Space Outside Earth

And is it infinite? No, but it's very big

If it is limited then where does it end?It curves back round on itself.

If there is a god... why is it so wrong to drop the answer on us? If we rebelled against his or her wishes he/she could easily destroy us.

(Presuming he exists)Thats presuming God thinks like us.

As for paragraph 3, I think this kid should shut up and stop whining.

And as far as the God thing goes you either believe or you don't.

Best answers
Er, just wanted to point out that Jehova is an incorrect translation of Yahweh from Hebrew. And even if you don't believe in God, you make your own personal heavens and hells. As far as I'm concerned, hell is the state of mind you put yourself in when you willingly do something against your own conscience. Heaven is just the opposite. And yeah, I don't think you can really say time has a beginning or an end. It's just another dimension of reality. About God, I think he could be said to exist outside all dimensions (time, space, etc) thus making him outside of human comprehension. Noone can honestly say they understand something that exists outside of the dimensions we are confined to. You wrote a lot of stuff, and in a confusing way, so I'm sorry if my answer is disorganized and possibly irrelevant.

Best answers
The answer to Life, the Universe and everything is simple, 42.
But in all honesty we will never know truly whether or not there is a god, unless he himself appears and proves it. What happens when you die? No idea, some people that have those 'near-death' experiances say that there is a God, but having a so called 'near-death' experiance could be just the same as having a dream. I don't know what to think about dying, and after-life and all that, and I don't plan on worrying about it until the time comes.
Many Athiests beleive that Religion does more harm than good, while being Agnostic mself (leaning towards no religion) I have seen the positive side that Religion brings people.
While we know that many people kill eachother and themselves in the name of their God, I think people forget the countless number of people who turn to a god when others have turned away, or when there is no one else to turn to. So while thousands die in the name of their god, thousands are given life, or a second chance, because they found their god, their happiness. I cannot tell you how many people I know who are saddened by everyday happenings, be it insensitivity or loss of a loved one, but they are able to pull through things like that because they have faith, and that they believe that person has gone onto a better place.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
majin goketa said:
Well I think I can answer a few of those questions.
Where did it Begin? Time can't begin in or at a place because it's a dimension.

What was there before time began? No such thing as "before" if there was no time.

What is outer space? The Space Outside Earth

And is it infinite? No, but it's very big

If it is limited then where does it end?It curves back round on itself.

1. how do u know?
2. how do u know?
3. so ur saying the earth is the center of outer space?technically earth is part of outer space
4. how do u know?
5. how do u know?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[r4p3]! said:
1. how do u know?
2. how do u know?
3. so ur saying the earth is the center of outer space?technically earth is part of outer space
4. how do u know?
5. how do u know?

You totally skipped everything he said.

Time is a dimension, it has been proven. It's hard to imagine time as not being a steady constant everywhere but we know it isn't constant (see special theory of relativity) and as it isn't constant it doesn't just reign (sp?) over everything all in the same way.

Before doesn't exist without time, so nothing could exist "before time." It just makes sense.

He never said the earth was the center of everything, he said outside of earth was outer space. Do you even know what inner space is? Here's a hint: Earth.

Science tells us it isn't infinite, look it up.

Same science.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I know, everything has a beginning and an end. Time couldn't have
just created itself, and there is no releiving yesturday to prove if its some sort
of "Dimension".

The way I see it

Time----Life---Time

As we grow older time stays the same, we're like locked inside of a box and
there is no key to let us free. Same **** goes with god, the way people see
God is he gave use life, but who the heck created him?

I created this topic in hopes we all talk about this together and hopefully
come up with a better theory than some guy who doesn't even have a face.
All religion makes no sense. Religion has a beginning, but it doesn't have an
end, so through my eyes, it doesn't excists. They only have one goal, and
thats to make you beleive. They give you lame explanations as of to who is
god and how he created us. But they never mention how god was born, and
why is he doing this.

Best answers
I agree that religion can be a great thing, at least for some people. It gives lots of people the stone which they use to anchor themselves through their life. Some people find that within themselves however, and don't need an external system of beliefs to keep them going.

So how does this relate? I think the only place you can find the meaning of it all, the only meaning that will matter to you, is in yourself. Nobody elses meaning is going to be quite right for you.

Best answers
You cant debate whether god was created or not because creation is a function of time and if you believe god exists and god created the universe then god created time and therefore exists outside of it. So the arguement of who created god is really meaningless because god wouldnt exist within the limits of time and wouldnt need a creator.

As to religion having and end, all religion has an end, whether its Buddhism and you somply go on to a state of higher living, or Hinduism where you become one with Brahma, or Jeudaism/Islam/Christianity where there is a heaven or hell waiting for you (where you spend for "eternity, but once we would be there, we would exist outside of time as well, so just because someone cant fathom eternity doesnt mean it doesnt exist, you simply need to be outside the constraints of time)

edit: and to why hes doing this, simple, god wanted something more like himself with free will to converse with and to be with. It says it right in the bible (or in the Quaran, as the Quaran believes in the old testiment as well)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a common misconception that everything must have a beginning and an end. If you look closely enough at the universe you live in you'll begin to realize that it makes no sense. If everything had a beginning, even time, then the fact of the matter is if you went back far enough past the beginning of everything (and going "back" would be im possible without time anyway) there would have to have been nothing before there was time or space, and it would be illogical and for time or matter or God to create themselves out of truly empty space (not the vaccume of space we have surrounding us now). It makes a lot more sense to just go ahead and accept the idea that some part of the universe has had to exist "forever," and as time creates change in the universe, time would make sense.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
You totally skipped everything he said.

Time is a dimension, it has been proven. It's hard to imagine time as not being a steady constant everywhere but we know it isn't constant (see special theory of relativity) and as it isn't constant it doesn't just reign (sp?) over everything all in the same way.

Before doesn't exist without time, so nothing could exist "before time." It just makes sense.

He never said the earth was the center of everything, he said outside of earth was outer space. Do you even know what inner space is? Here's a hint: Earth.

Science tells us it isn't infinite, look it up.

Same science.
Were not sure if time exist.

The time/relativity theory was made by Einstein(I believe) but what did he know about this so called "time"? Nothing....since u can;t exame it, it stay a mystery.

We don't no nothing about beginning or anything.

These theories were made by people and are flawed.(Since they can't be proven)

Nobody knows and ever will know, unless u saw it all happen.

Space is something we also don't know anything about.

All these things we just can't know since were not God or have technology to prove it.

And like Tassadar said; I don't plan to think about death until it's my time

Sonic Boyster said:
It's a common misconception that everything must have a beginning and an end. If you look closely enough at the universe you live in you'll begin to realize that it makes no sense. If everything had a beginning, even time, then the fact of the matter is if you went back far enough past the beginning of everything (and going "back" would be im possible without time anyway) there would have to have been nothing before there was time or space, and it would be illogical and for time or matter or God to create themselves out of truly empty space (not the vaccume of space we have surrounding us now). It makes a lot more sense to just go ahead and accept the idea that some part of the universe has had to exist "forever," and as time creates change in the universe, time would make sense.
Everything must has to have a beginning...or else how would it exist?

How was the universe created?

Does God exist?

And if he exist, how does take form and how was he created.

U can go on and on about this subject, but I'll asure u that about like...40 years(or for that matter 1000 years), will still have no answer.

Unless after death everything will be revealed to us.

Best answers
Time does exist, time is change basically and you see change happening all around you. Einstein said that Time was another extension of the universe in which matter exists, his theories have a pretty well defined concept of what time is.
As for the theories not been proven, well there the same theories that allow computers and data systems to work so why do they stop functioning when applied to the universe at large.
Also not everything has to have a beginning thats just a human centered view because everything we normally experience has a beginning.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
It's also a human view that's if there is no time there is no movement...

So...u can debate about this hours and hours, but come downs to this, we simply don't know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh man here we go now, another one of these universal theory battles where nobody wins, what an awesome idea.

You know what?

Life is short. Live it. Enjoy it. Don't waste time wondering what it is, because as hopeful as you are "if we just put our heads together and think" all we're going to get is a lot of heads next to each other, babbling incoherently about things they can never possibly comprehend.

So before the zealots, the babblers, the dreamers, the physicists, the atheists and the agnostics jump in (granted we have a few), forget about this thread, go outside and take a breath or something, because life is about progress and this conversation won't go anywhere anytime soon.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
can i just say, ive allways believed that the meaning of life is just to live.
just get out there and enjoy yourself, instead of sitting around asking "why" otherwise when u finally find this "meaning of life" you wont have a life anymore anyway.

Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Oh man here we go now, another one of these universal theory battles where nobody wins, what an awesome idea.

You know what?

Life is short. Live it. Enjoy it. Don't waste time wondering what it is, because as hopeful as you are "if we just put our heads together and think" all we're going to get is a lot of heads next to each other, babbling incoherently about things they can never possibly comprehend.

So before the zealots, the babblers, the dreamers, the physicists, the atheists and the agnostics jump in (granted we have a few), forget about this thread, go outside and take a breath or something, because life is about progress and this conversation won't go anywhere anytime soon.
Yikes!, :shocked: you're right. (Runs outside to play).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont care what ppl say...... no1 has been to the end of the universe....no1 was there when time started..... just cause humans call it " time " doesnt mean that it is.... there might have been intelligent life forms who were here before us and named it something different.... and i dont care what science says, no1 knows what was there before time or after time or even if there is a before time or after time. These questions can not be CORRECTLY answered science or no science

Best answers
[r4p3]! said:
i dont care what ppl say...... no1 has been to the end of the universe....no1 was there when time started..... just cause humans call it " time " doesnt mean that it is.... there might have been intelligent life forms who were here before us and named it something different.... and i dont care what science says, no1 knows what was there before time or after time or even if there is a before time or after time. These questions can not be CORRECTLY answered science or no science
Yeah, you're right but people are still gonna try I suppose. Physics can't really answer these kinda questions, just like biology probably can't tell you how consciousness works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom