The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, the new zelda has an official name, and some new details and a movie to back it up.

First off, click here for the movie.

Finally, the wolf mystery has been revealed. Link will be able to transform into a wolf. And there is also some new character who seems to ride him or something, no info on that guy though. Plus the video shows rad horseback riding, and several other clips, including Link dishing out the pain in his wolf form.

All I know is I just can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Best answers
Looks amazing. I will buy it on release day. Nothing more to say.
O_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now THAT is a zelda game! Although the wolf thing is a big wierd, it also might be really fun. And the graphics look good :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks nice compared to the old Zelda games. But they still have those cutesey sprite animations from Wind Waker in there. And the person riding Link looks idiotic.

Is this a Gamecube game? Because it doesn't look like what the "revolution" could handle.

Best answers
*DROOLS* im gonna go sit out side game store right now and wait

WHO'S WITH ME!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
It looks nice compared to the old Zelda games. But they still have those cutesey sprite animations from Wind Waker in there. And the person riding Link looks idiotic.

Is this a Gamecube game? Because it doesn't look like what the "revolution" could handle.
Yeah Gamecube.

Definately pick this up. I've never been dissappointed with a zelda game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally, the wolf mystery has been revealed. Link will be able to transform into a wolf.
Do they have any games that DON'T need a gimmick added to them? I'm sorry but I just wish they'd just make, you know...a good old-fashioned straight up Zelda game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Do they have any games that DON'T need a gimmick added to them? I'm sorry but I just wish they'd just make, you know...a good old-fashioned straight up Zelda game.
I really hate to say it but i sort of agree. I half agree and half disagree. I kind of wish the Zelda game would be similar to the ocarina of time, just a different story line, and better graphics. But I'm not sure yet, this wolf thing might be cool. I'd have to admit, transforming into a wolf sounds pretty fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, the wholf thing definately threw me for a loop when I first saw it. I was expecting Ocarina of Time all over again. But I think if Nintendo can pull it off just right, then the extra wolf dynamic could be pretty cool. Just as long as they don't do something crazy like, make link the Wolf for half the game or something. Because even if it seems really un-zelda like, just like Fire Pheonix said, the idea of transforming into a wolf and running throught the country side and stuff sounds pretty cool.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really all that awe-struck as everyone else seems to be.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really all that awe-struck as everyone else seems to be.
Could you elaborate as to why? what don't you like about the game so far? Like i'm kind of skeptical about the wolf thing, but if they make it so you can transform at certain times, then yay, if it's like OoT and you are link through half and wolf through the rest then BOOOOO! That's my only beef right now.

Best answers
Well, I for one am so impressed because I'm a Zelda fanboy, at least since Ocarina of Time. The new darker look to the game also really impresses me, as it's a nice change to the previous games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I really hate to say it but i sort of agree. I half agree and half disagree. I kind of wish the Zelda game would be similar to the ocarina of time, just a different story line, and better graphics. But I'm not sure yet, this wolf thing might be cool. I'd have to admit, transforming into a wolf sounds pretty fun.
If he could transform into a super saiyan, than that would be cooler... I know

Best answers
SSJ LINK!!! so sweet make a model for trunks somebody.

anyway I'm super excited because Zelda is the best console game out there. All of them in my opinion (and handheld is console to me)

Ive been a fan of all of them sence I played alttp (if you don't know what alttp means you shouldnt be reading this thred.)

Best answers
I'm with Prime on this: not very awe struck, t'all. I'll admit, I'm glad they're making it a bit more serious now, but... Even though I like the concept, it's just another mechanic.

It'll probably be more like Majora's Mask, from the looks of it... That is, points that you need to be a wolf, however are forced into it at first to get the jist.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for werewolfs (duh), but I was dissapointed by this particular gimmick... I mean, if all it means is super-fast-and-strong-killing-machine mode, it's proof that Nintendo is truly dying out.

Now if there are MULTIPLE transformations, and a deep, overwhelming, yet engulfing, paradoxial story (like OoT), then it'll certainly be worth while.

I wonder if this one will have any music-activated mechanics....

Edit: For the record, there's no reason to damn Zelda for the gimmickery... There's no real "straight-up" Zelda game, except for the 1st one. Here's why Zelda was good:

Zelda 1: New and fresh
Zelda 2: Adventure/RPG style, + more detail
Zelda 3: Magic powers, more advanced
Zelda 4: Gameboy! Booya!
Zelda DX: Gameboy Color! Booya!
Zelda OoT: Ocarina, first 3D game
Zelda MM: 3 hours til doomsday, transformations
Zelda Oracles: I never played, but If I had I could tell ya
Zelda WW: Ocean, beautiful and dynamic artwork, wind

All of the above were for the most part just gimmicks. The least gimmickey ones were 2,3,4 and OoT.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The least gimmickey ones were 2,3,4 and OoT.
Worth noting that these were also the best ones.

And Prime, I think I know where you're coming from. It looks great but I think it only seems so phenomenal to fans because the last game looked so...cheese-tastic.

What I meant about gimmicks is simple...Link fights Gannon, uses items, rides a horse, solves puzzles, travels through dungeons, etc. He does NOT turn into a wolf, wear magic masks, have to solve carnival games, etc.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I only saw the first video, and don't feel like watching the others, because I'm lazy.

The game looks sweet, except I dunno why they made Link a cowboy -_-

at least it's ADULT link. That's all I care about. I just loved being adult link in OoT just for the fact that it's...adult link o_O

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean yeah, it looks sweet. But nothing about those trailers made me go "Wow."

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I mean yeah, it looks sweet. But nothing about those trailers made me go "Wow."
Really? they made me go "Oh, that's cool.... what the.. *sigh* a wolf!?.. C'mon NINTENDO!? WTF?! DUDE A MIDGET RIDING LINK?! WHATS UP WITH THAT?! OMFG!?! GTFO LINK MIDGET! ARGH!.. oh.. it's for game cube.. that's good I guess.. since I got mine free.. and.. last month..... Damn.. I need to stop talking to myself.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom