the largest empire in history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've done some research and haven't found anything regarding aircraft being shot down by SAM missiles due to misidentification of an enemy target due to the use of microwave ovens. However, it is an established fact that microwave ovens were used to simulate tanks and other ground targets in order to "waste" NATO missiles, and were usually promptly destroyed, allowing the Yugoslavians to save some of their equipment. SAM missiles were NOT used in conjunction with the decoys, from what I've read from both NATO and Russian reports. The only controversy surrounding NATO losses is regarding the number of aircraft downed, not the cause behind the destruction of any aircraft. If you can find another link, please do so. I'm always willing to learn something new.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Summoning Missiles to the Oven

In the heat of massed missile strikes on Belgrade and Yugoslavian air defense radar positions in the spring of 1999, the telephone rang one night in a St. Petersburg apartment.
It was the chairman of the radio club of Yugoslavia, Khranislav Milocevic. Valentin Kashinov answered. The Yugoslav described the great destruction and casualties caused by strikes of NATO aircraft, "HARM" air-to-ground missiles, and Tomahawk cruise missiles. Milocevic asked for help in fending off these bombardments. Valentin Vladimirovich immediately inquired if they had any microwave ovens. This was followed by a puzzled silence, and then: "Of course!" Kashinov advised that they get some ordinary microwave ovens and aim them upwards, with doors open, around an installation they wanted to protect, and then turn them on. Khranislav understood at once. The fact was that an American HARM missile would home in on any strong source of radio emission in the 400-10,000 MHz range, exactly the range of conventional household microwave ovens. Literally the next day following this conversation, NATO forced bombed their own embassies in Belgrade.
NATO pilots were fooled, and bombed microwave ovens instead of Serbian tanks for nearly half the time of the air attacks.
Ahahahah I love it. Got it from:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/BOG211A.html

Wonderful things these microwave ovens....economic and deadly at the same time.....

Best answers
@agamemnon:

Um, excuse me... are you blind or something?

HARMS naturally rush to destroy the "radars", and in a few minutes the sky is clear of HARMS. The remaining airplanes can either attack risking to become a prey for our real radars that can be turned on now, or go back home without attacking their targets.
From dan's quote.

Look, you are not untouchable, that has been proven several times. You have the millitary and air force strength you claim you have, but you just don't have the precautions because you keep getting cocky and thinking it'll be a piece of cake, which causes you to suffer losses and, no matter how small they might be, according to you, "they never existed".

For example, you kept bragging through CNN about your Apaches, and when they got owned by our planes and russian MIGs, you FINALLY kept your mouth shut, which I thought was simply hillarious.

BTW, Dan's website IS reliable, if it was .com or .net or something it wouldn't be, but it's .nl.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@agamemnon:

Um, excuse me... are you blind or something?

From dan's quote.

Look, you are not untouchable, that has been proven several times. You have the millitary and air force strength you claim you have, but you just don't have the precautions because you keep getting cocky and thinking it'll be a piece of cake, which causes you to suffer losses and, no matter how small they might be, according to you, "they never existed".

For example, you kept bragging through CNN about your Apaches, and when they got owned by our planes and russian MIGs, you FINALLY kept your mouth shut, which I thought was simply hillarious.

BTW, Dan's website IS reliable, if it was .com or .net or something it wouldn't be, but it's .nl.
No, I am not blind. I did notice, however, that the site he linked didn't list any sources, and is therefore unreliable. Now, if you want to pursue this conversation, feel free to post links or sources that are directly related to what dan is saying.

I am not America. I do not own an air force. I do not have an army. I have not suffered any casualties. I do not own Apaches.

The fact that you think fighters taking down helicopters is hilarious is hilarious. Are Apache's meant to take on fighter jets? No. They're meant to take out ground targets. I didn't see anyone laughing when MiGs were being destroyed left and right by Sabers or F-A18s, or any of our other superior aircraft and pilots.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't see anyone laughing when MiGs were being destroyed left and right by Sabers or F-A18s, or any of our other superior aircraft and pilots.
Feel free to supply documentation.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I'm guessing you couldn't find anything to substantiate your claims.

Saber = Korea
F-18: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-18 (Combat Service)

To find out what other aircraft have destroyed MiGs (and vice versa) use:

www.google.com

As far as air forces go right now, America is still number one. Russia is lagging behind while the U.S.'s allies are getting the F-35 (I think they were even given the source code), China is still buying weaponry from Russia but has recently built its very own fighter (which is pretty bad), and Sweden is still building some awesome fighters.

Yep. Welcome to 2007.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure what you guys are arguing about with the whole Serbian thing. It was a pretty ingenius little trick, no doubt. And no army, especially one that tends to employ experimental new technology/tactics, is invincible. But is the US military probably the most powerful and mobile force on the planet currently? Probably, yes. Whether or not the NATO air over Serbia got tricked by microwave ovens isn't exactly a strong case against that.

If you're trying to imply that any force could MacGuyver countermeasures to every single modern weapon the US military employs, then you're being a bit absurd. I congratulate Serbia on surviving 78 days of NATO bombing. But the story doesn't change anything.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nor does it change the outcome of that conflict.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
F/A-18 pilots were credited with two kills during the Gulf War, both MiG-21 'Fishbeds'.
2 kills? Wow. Impressive. Truly impressive.
So I'm guessing you couldn't find anything to substantiate your claims.
Heh, how ironic. It's you that hasn't found anything to substantiate your claims. While I provided two articles about exactly what I claimed, and I think that counts as 'substantiating' my claims, all you did was point me to an article about a plane that you heard about on CNN, and to Google. Your airforce is strong, I give you that, but the fact that they got owned by domestic appliances makes your airforce plain stupid. While a microwave cost $100 roughly each bomb you dropped on it cost $30,000 as said on the second page I linked to. If you read it to the end (and I doubt you did) you'd also know that NATO lied about our casualties:

The NATO propaganda machine initially announced that more than 100 tanks, 250 APCs, and 389 cannon had been destroyed. These damage figures have since been revised, since independent observers found only 13 tanks knocked out. As it turned out, the same targets were targeted (and destroyed) repeatedly by different pilots.
Don't find this insulting, but even though that your military is stronger than ours, our military is a lot more cunning. There's no other way to say it. We're just more cunning than you. We had to be to save civilians from dying of bombardment that 19 countries, not just the US, participated in. And if we had your military power, be sure that we would've owned all 19 of them.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 kills? Wow. Impressive. Truly impressive.
Heh, how ironic. It's you that hasn't found anything to substantiate your claims. While I provided two articles about exactly what I claimed, and I think that counts as 'substantiating' my claims, all you did was point me to an article about a plane that you heard about on CNN, and to Google. Your airforce is strong, I give you that, but the fact that they got owned by domestic appliances makes your airforce plain stupid. While a microwave cost $100 roughly each bomb you dropped on it cost $30,000 as said on the second page I linked to. If you read it to the end (and I doubt you did) you'd also know that NATO lied about our casualties:

Don't find this insulting, but even though that your military is stronger than ours, our military is a lot more cunning. There's no other way to say it. We're just more cunning than you. We had to be to save civilians from dying of bombardment that 19 countries, not just the US, participated in.
You wanted to find out if the Saber (which you conveniently left out) and F-18 ever destroyed MiGs. I supplied that information to you. I also left that statement open to include our other aircraft. If you choose not to do your own research, that's on you.

You provided one link stating microwaves were used as decoys, which NATO targetted, which was soon followed by NATO fighters being destroyed by SAMs. The other link simply elaborated on what I stated, which was:

However, it is an established fact that microwave ovens were used to simulate tanks and other ground targets in order to "waste" NATO missiles, and were usually promptly destroyed, allowing the Yugoslavians to save some of their equipment.
In your second link, it clearly states Milosevic was trying to avoid being bombed. Nowhere does it say "Microwaves disguised as MiGs were placed everywhere and SAMs were fired at the Imperial American Pig Scum from Hell". So your point is moot.

Saying that a pilot or an airplane is stupid because they can't see something from 20,000 feet up and are firing missiles that lock on to heat signatures is, you guessed it, stupid.

Everything else you stated is your opinion, so I won't bother. Looking for reasons to defend a nation, a leader, who committed genocide is appalling. That's all I'll say about that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saying that a pilot or an airplane is stupid because they can't see something from 20,000 feet up and are firing missiles that lock on to heat signatures is, you guessed it, stupid.
Yeah, but your military wouldn't have thought of using that if they were in our position, I'm sure of it. And you yourself said that:
You provided one link stating microwaves were used as decoys, which NATO targetted, which was soon followed by NATO fighters being destroyed by SAMs.
So while they were bombing microwaves, we destroyed them with SAMs. That's basically what I said. And also, because of the microwaves you destroyed your own embassies in Belgrade. I can't decide which is worse, the embassies or your planes. I don't even care.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No? Ever heard of the Revolutionary War, where the colonists had to fight the most powerful nation in the world? You think they just went head first into battle and somehow won despite being out-manned and out-gunned? Wow, and you're trying to tell me I and every other American is a victim of "CNN propaganda"?

Yes, NATO did more damage to NATO than "the enemy" did. That says something about both groups.

Cooperating with 19 countries isn't exactly easy when every nation has its own agenda.

Best answers
This is totally pathetic.

National pride is great and all, but I feel its misplaced, Australia is the worlds superpower.

We strap a couple of bombs to some marsupials, I dont care what kind of microwave you have, or what type of technological marvel the US cooked up.

Ain't nobody going to see that comming.

Also make love not war duderinos.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Microwaves and Bunker Busters don't affect Koalas, so he has a point.

Although I'm sure putting a koala into a microwave would eventually make it tired. And melty. And explodey.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No? Ever heard of the Revolutionary War, where the colonists had to fight the most powerful nation in the world? You think they just went head first into battle and somehow won despite being out-manned and out-gunned?
Have you ever heard of First and Second Serbian Revolution? Where after 500 years of enslavement under the Turks we managed to break free and become the only independent Slavenian country in the world? No, of course you haven't. Anyway, before I forget, microwaves were used:

1. As decoys for NATO fighters. They were recognized as radars, which the fighters wanted to destroy, once they destroyed the microwaves, we turned our REAL radars on and launched SAMs at them, knocking them down. That's how we beat your so-called "invisible" fighter. We even made up a song about it, and sing it to this day:

"Ja vozim stealth F-117a, nevidljivog bombardera,
sto gadja bombama po Srbima.
Ali jedne noci primecen sam ja,
uspomoc radara, i mikro-pecnica,
jebes mu ga."

2. To protect our tanks and cannons, lowering our casualties to 13 tanks, among which only 7 were totally destroyed, and 6 were repaired.
Wow, and you're trying to tell me I and every other American is a victim of "CNN propaganda"?
And yes, I am.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with Mountain Dewd, this really is pathetic. Like Cuc said would be better to leave politics and modern day stuff out of this, after all America has never even had an empire, and these days the amount of money they're pumping into the military do you really expect any less of their technology? Serbia has actually had an empire, during the 14th century, it was quite a large empire in europe, other than that i dont know much about it, but at least it's something on topic.

Best answers
Honestly what are you trying to gain from this argument?

Get the whole world to acknowledge you and your country as brilliant tacticians, and the Americans as bumbling opressors?

This is how the world works, it doesnt matter what country you live in, or what your racial background is.

People are people, and Idiots are idots.

I'm beginning to think you're the latter with your broad generalizations and outright arrogance.

War is moronic, and to seek some sort of validation through your countries war efforts is even moreso.

Why dont you do something incredible, and I personally will praise and love you for it.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My country's penis is bigger than your country's.

- Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom