Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Rome under Augustus was badass.

Alexander was great. (lewl)

oh and Napolean Bonaparte was pretty good at what he did, too.

I didn't read most other posts, so, TL;DR.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't matter how much you have, only takes like 3 to destroy basically anything. Oh and BTW, about your airforce, don't get too comfortable, since we beat them with microwaves.
Speaking of which, the F-22 went against the best Euro and American fighters (Typhoons, F-15's, F-16's, etc) a few months back (war games type thing; there were also simulated anti-air weapons on the "ground" and what have you) and the F-22 basically destroyed everything without a problem. English pilots were complaining that fighting the F-22 was extremely annoying because even though it was in their sights some of the time, they couldn't lock-on, not to mention they were completely outmaneuvered at basically every point.

The F-117 was knocked down over Serbia not because the Serbs were doing anything particularly complicated, but because the pilot broke the golden rule: Never use the same flight route twice. The Serbs had taken note of it's previous flight route, and fired their SAM when the pilot went over the same exact location the next time.

I have complete and utter faith in our ability to maintain air superiority, especially with the F-22 and JSF F-35 making its way to active duty.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not talking about that. I'm talking about how we knocked down your planes by fooling your pilots. They were given an order to destroy our radars. Since radars give off the same kind of waves as a microwave oven, all we did was put up a few microwaves in the woods, and turned them on. Your pilots identified the microwaves as our radars on the radars in their planes, because as I said above they emit the same kind of waves. While they were dropping bombs on the ovens, we knocked them down. Sometimes it takes brains, not just bombs. And by the way, some of your pilots were so scared before they were supposed to climb into their planes, their heart rates were too high for them to fly. 'Cause they were scared of us xD. Serbs FTW

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cuc, two words man: Royal Marines.

call it arrogence, boastfulness, or maybe even pride. but i am a firm believer that our Marines > anything your country can throw at us.

downside is, there aren't many of them.

while i agree that america can strike anywhere anytime, and keep a sustained force there, i would also disagree that they are the only country capable of that, as britain certainly can.
we also have the strongest naval force, period.

Best answers
Hah! Finlands military is so small that you americans couldnt even find us...
Seriously i dont think the Military force of some nations was the point of this thread...

I still think Rome was one of largest and most advanced empires in its time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about our Marines and our SEALS???
I mean those 2 forces right there are 2 of the top in the world I think besides the top SF forces in Israel.

Best answers
In history? I'd say the Third Reich or the Roman Empire. Dicipline, brilliant tacticians, massive power and advanced technology (yes, even the Romans).

Nothing comes close to these 2 imho.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not talking about that. I'm talking about how we knocked down your planes by fooling your pilots. They were given an order to destroy our radars. Since radars give off the same kind of waves as a microwave oven, all we did was put up a few microwaves in the woods, and turned them on. Your pilots identified the microwaves as our radars on the radars in their planes, because as I said above they emit the same kind of waves. While they were dropping bombs on the ovens, we knocked them down. Sometimes it takes brains, not just bombs. And by the way, some of your pilots were so scared before they were supposed to climb into their planes, their heart rates were too high for them to fly. 'Cause they were scared of us xD. Serbs FTW
Feel free to supply documentation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm suprised. Since when do you know Serbian? Or would you suggest watching CNN for information? I bet they'd LOVE to tell all the people how their ace pilots got owned by microwaves.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say the Third Reich
All they did was kill millions of innocent people...I wouldn't call that power. Plus they had a huge advantage on D-Day having a huge highground above all the beaches that the allies attacked, and even though there was a huge SNAFU with the paratroopers that were supposed to land behind the Nazi forces, they still got their asses kicked. Granted there were a lot of American/British/Whoever else casualties, but we still won that battle not to mention the war (and that wasn't even using the nuke, which I believe was planned on being used in Europe initially).

Damn I really want to watch Saving Private Ryan now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All they did was kill millions of innocent people...I wouldn't call that power. Plus they had a huge advantage on D-Day having a huge highground above all the beaches that the allies attacked, and even though there was a huge SNAFU with the paratroopers that were supposed to land behind the Nazi forces, they still got their asses kicked. Granted there were a lot of American/British/Whoever else casualties, but we still won that battle not to mention the war (and that wasn't even using the nuke, which I believe was planned on being used in Europe initially).

Snafu? As in Snafu-comics? Huh? You lost me at that point dude.

@dan_esf_fanatic: Well, that's certainly clever. I can attribute that to simple human engenuity. True that friend, if DBZ has taught us anything, it's that the strongest aren't always the winners. Many times a great mind can be more powerful than a collumn of tanks. Knowing your enemy is also well advised. Who said only the US could fight a good fight?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about our Marines and our SEALS???
I mean those 2 forces right there are 2 of the top in the world I think besides the top SF forces in Israel.

you're kidding right? the US SEALS come here to train under our SAS, which are a branch of the Royal Marines.

Best answers

And you think the allied forces didn't kill innocent people? Unless you're refering to the 6 million jews, gipsies, ***s, etcetc, but that was done by the SS under supervision of Hitler, not the German army.

Things went wrong when Hitler took over the tactical part, Hitler was a very poor tactician that was nothing without the brilliance of his generals.
the reason why the atlantic wall was so weak, was because Hitler never thought about an invasion there, he moved about everything he had to the east, leaving the atlantic wall almost defenceless.

Anyway, it still took half the world to take down Germany (since Italy dropped out and Japan had nothing to do with Europe), so I would't really say that they got their asses kicked, after all, 1 versus half the world couldn't be called fair, now can it.

PS: I'm not a neo-nazi nor do I share any ideals of them, I just respect the German army during WW2, even the SS (excluding the holocaust).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm suprised. Since when do you know Serbian? Or would you suggest watching CNN for information? I bet they'd LOVE to tell all the people how their ace pilots got owned by microwaves.
As I said, feel free to provide documentation. Unless the only source you have for your info is Grandpa IHATEAMERICA, there should be plenty of documented evidence to support your totally unbiased (sarcasm btw) claims.

@Barney: That isn't completely true. Hitler did just about everything correctly until he jumped over the line separating sanity from madness. He himself said that if the allies managed to win the battle at Normandy, the end of the war would soon follow. In his insanity, he believed the allies would attack his stronghold, rather than look for weak spots that would allow them to funnel in troops and supplies. His generals told him otherwise, he didn't believe them because the voices told him otherwise, and the rest is history.

If you look at the statistics, it was basically for every 1 german soldier that died 40 billion allied soldiers died. Or for every 1 german, 3 allied soldiers died. Something like that. I like the 40 billion stat more.

The Delta Force is probably better technologically than the SAS, but the SAS take the cake when it comes to tactics and diversity of deployment. Then again, all of the "elite squads" cross train, so it doesn't really make sense to say one is better than the other. They all train with each other, and they all have something to learn from one another. It's their combined knowledge and experience that makes each team "elite".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I said, feel free to provide documentation. Unless the only source you have for your info is Grandpa IHATEAMERICA, there should be plenty of documented evidence to support your totally unbiased (sarcasm btw) claims.

Documentation:

Well hallo again,

Since you appear to be interested, I will tell you the longer version of the story.
During the war there were rumors about it, but after one year have passed, people started to talk, especially after the TV show that was shown on the national TV revealing some details of this story. That's why I say that these informations are no longer classified. As a matter of fact, you can find something (including some photos) on the internet. For instance check out Venik's aviation page at http://venik.way.to. That's a Russian guy that has a lot of photos. But it can be a bit difficult to find them because his web-site is really humongous.
The Army of Yugoslavia was using different types of decoys during the war. We were heavily outnumbered and outpowered and that was our only way to survive the air-raids. We even made MiG-29s from wood in the original size with smoke boxes producing smoke from the "engines" that were planted on runaways of our military airports. It was funny listening to NATO claiming to have destroyed some 20-30 MiG-29s when I knew that we have had only 16 of them at the beginning of their attacks.:)
Some of the decoys were the radar imitating ones. We used models of radars - usually some metal construction that looked like radar put on some old junk truck with something to emit waves so that it looks just like radar to the incoming enemy pilots - both visually and electromagneticaly (they were emitting radio-waves at short wave lengths). So we have simply let them attack, because we've had next to nothing to defend with, the catch is only that they were usually destroying decoys and empty objects. That's how we made it for 78 days.
The most common thing used for emitting radio-waves of the same wave-lengths as of the radars was an ordinary microwave oven. I supposed that you know that the energy of electro-magnetic waves is directly proportional to their frequency. The formula E=h*f where E is energy, f is frequency and h is Planck's constant. The radar needs to emit the enormous amounts of energy, because the wave needs to go very far (hundreds of kilometers) than to reflect from the object (in this case an airplane) and after all to came back all the way and still remain strong enough that you can reliably receive it and actually see the incoming plane on the radar screen. That's why the radar uses extremely short wave lengths. The shorter the wave length - the bigger the frequency. The bigger the frequency - the bigger the energy. That simple.
On the other hand the microwave oven also needs the big amounts of energy because it's primar purpose is cooking which requires a lot of energy. For the same reason as radar the microwave uses short wave lengths. These wave - lengths are widely known as MICRO-WAVES.
That's how someone came to an idea of using microwave ovens. It would have been certainly much better if we have had developed special decoys, but it was in the middle of the war, and something like that would have taken months of construction.
The existing microwave ovens were just set to work with their doors opened and used as decoys. They were emitting microwaves that were like the ones from air-defense radars.
About your question: can the real radar operate when surrounded by microwaves? Well I'm not sure. I suppose that it can. And why not? It only uses one frequency for sending and the same frequency for receiving. It is probably not disturbed by the frequencies sent by MW ovens that operate at different but close frequency. The radar can be set to work at various frequencies and I suppose that all the MW ovens doesn't use the same frequency as well. There are several devices that transceive at various (but close) frequencies in MW band, but only one of them is receiving his own frequency. That's my guess, but I don't know for sure.
What I know for sure is that we were also using some very old soviet-made radars (from the 1950's) that used extremely long waves (long for MW band, of course - everything is relative, as someone once said :). These radars were considered hopelessly obsolete, but they came as a surprise for NATO. They just didn't expect that something working on that frequency is actually air-defense radar! So, while they were shooting poor MW ovens the real radar was working, giving coordinates to SAMs. And then... Well you can guess what was happening next. :)
A typical MW oven has the output power of cca. 1-2kW and a big air defense radar has cca. ~100kW. I'm not sure if we were using several of them placed close to each others to increase power, or something else, but it certainly worked on smaller distances.
The most common tactics we've used is this: All those pilots weren't certainly a bunch of morons who cannot tell the difference between the radar and a decoy pretending to be one. After they suffered the first casualties they learned their lessons. So their typical tactics for attack was: First the big bombers (flying fortress' B-52) flies high above our missile range dropping tens of HARMs (Homing Anti-Radar Missile) that are falling slowly because they are hanging from special parachutes. They need 10-15 minutes to fall on the ground and in the meantime they are seeking for radars - if they spot a source of radar radiation, they automatically unhook their parachutes and activate their booster rockets heading fast toward the radar. That gives the opportunity for other airplanes to attack at lower altitudes for precise bombing without a risk of being spotted by a radar, because no radar can be turned on without being destroyed by HARM in just a few short minutes. But a HARM is just a piece of hardware that CANNOT tell the difference. That's when we turn on our numerous MW ovens. HARMS naturally rush to destroy the "radars", and in a few minutes the sky is clear of HARMS. The remaining airplanes can either attack risking to become a prey for our real radars that can be turned on now, or go back home without attacking their targets.
That's the story. Post it on your site if you've liked it. Actually, post the parts of it on your site, because I think it is too big to be posted entirely. Feel free to add my name - I would be happy to see my name there.
Thank you for your concern about my future - it is much better now then it was lust year at this time. We are slowly recovering from consequences of war. Except, of course, for the lost lives, and depleted uranium that will take centuries to disappear. But that's another story.

Best regards from Belgrade,
Mladen Mijatovic

P.S: By the way, I have just remembered of one more similarity between MW oven and a radar. I've read a story once about some people on the military airport that have killed a rabbit in the nearby field (200-300m) by using an airplane radar. They simply pointed the radar on the poor rabbit and cooked him instantly! At first, I didn't believe the story, but when I thought about it scientifically (since I'm a student of electrical engineering here in Belgrade :), I' ve changed my mind. Just imagine something that is about hundred times more powerful than a MW oven and has focused beam pointed into that rabbit. What do you think that would happened?
Taken from: http://margo.student.utwente.nl/el/microwave/mladen_story.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And you think the allied forces didn't kill innocent people? Unless you're refering to the 6 million jews, gipsies, ***s, etcetc, but that was done by the SS under supervision of Hitler, not the German army.

Anyway, it still took half the world to take down Germany (since Italy dropped out and Japan had nothing to do with Europe), so I would't really say that they got their asses kicked, after all, 1 versus half the world couldn't be called fair, now can it.
Of course innocent people died at the hand of the allies, but not in those numbers or deliberately...and just to make it clearer it was 6 million Jews and then it was also about 4 million maybe of the other "lesser" people.

I think it's unfair to say that it was just Germany vs Half the world. Only America, Britain, and France were mainly involved in the war to my knowledge, and America didn't start attacking until we were attacked by the Japanese almost 4 (?) years into the war.

And I know that the Allied forces had huge casualties during the war and I know the Germans did very well to defend themselves against our attacks, but the point is we still won and maybe it was b/c of the egotistical, megalomaniac flaws Hitler had.

To onslaught...I get the impression that the SEALS train with the SAS not under them. Almost every nation trains their respective armies with the armies of other nations in order to get better at what they do and I happen to think that the SEALS are one of the best. Although, like I said, I still think Israel has the best army, especially special forces units, in the world (one that I do hope to be a part of one day), not to mention the best (more like most skilled) airforce.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cuc, two words man: Royal Marines.

call it arrogence, boastfulness, or maybe even pride. but i am a firm believer that our Marines > anything your country can throw at us.

downside is, there aren't many of them.

while i agree that america can strike anywhere anytime, and keep a sustained force there, i would also disagree that they are the only country capable of that, as britain certainly can.
we also have the strongest naval force, period.
I believe I mentioned that a few other nations had that capablility, but on a much smaller scale than the United States.

Further, while the British Navy is certainly impressive and not to be underestimated, I think your are underestimating the naval might of the United States. Especially when you are speaking stricktly of the blue water navies of the world.

Further, pointed at the rest of the posters, not Onslaught, lets not let this get too political and biased, support your claims, or sit down and be quiet. There is no need for open hostilities.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In history though, the British did rule the sea's, which was one of the most significant factors in our empire. Since Britain is a small island open to attack from any direction it made sense that we'd need a good naval defence, and this is what was generated our greatest offence.

I also have to agree with Bolteh, the third reich was a damn good military force, you also have to remember that Germany had just gone through a bad depression since the Treaty of Versailles, its amazing that Germany could grow so strong in just 20 years.

I know Britain isn't any kind of major military stronghold now, we're outclassed in certain aspects by modern standards, but I still think we probably have the best trained specialist infantry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom