The Karate Kid (2010)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;qpHEBZSrFws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpHEBZSrFws[/video]

So it seems they are making a new Karate kid....

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well... Even though the Trailer look great with all the crazy fighting scenes, I personally think the Karate Kid died many years ago :p

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No Myagi sensei no karate kid >.<
Hahahah :) True though, Mister Myagi was the heart and soul of the Karate Kid series.

The new one looks decent anyway. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope it will turn out good. I mean after 4 Karate Kid movies... a Remake just may work. Well... Modified Remake.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I actually think Jackie Chan will be great. When I look at the original mister miyagi was sloppy. Get out of the fantasy, miyagi didn't gave much of a presentation of martial arts, the little he did was even sloppy (I blame the director)

In the trailer you see Jackie Chan much more intensive and serious, I just hope they will blend the wiseness with this character.

Get out of the myiagi fantasy..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Miyagi had a really...well...warm/trusted feeling to him though. Not to sound completely gay. Too bad he died. That said, I personally think Jackie Chen is awesome as well, and I can't think of a better person to step in Mr. Miyagi's shoes. And that flyswatting scene was awesome.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
TBH, the only apparent serious mistake I find from the trailer is the adoption of rap instead of that old school 70s/80s rock. "You're the best"... you know

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's Fort Minor, lead rapper is Mike Shinoda...he is kind of in Linkin Park. So one could say it it still Rock-ish...well no you can't. But still.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jackie Chan looks a lot different compared to how he used to look. I haven't seen any of his new movies so I hope that is just props and all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Jackie Chan is what? Around 60 or so? He's definitely nothing compared to his Drunken Master days.

As for the movie it look okay, but they probably should have named it Kung Fu Kid since it's in China and not Japan and that's what Jackie chan does and teaches the kind in the movie.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You cant name a movie something new if you want to gain people because of the franchise.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Karate Kid/Kung Fu Kid

I'd watch either of those. Plus it's a re-make, not technically part of the franchise. If they wanted to revamp it I would be okay with changing the name.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well Jackie Chan is what? Around 60 or so? He's definitely nothing compared to his Drunken Master days.

As for the movie it look okay, but they probably should have named it Kung Fu Kid since it's in China and not Japan and that's what Jackie chan does and teaches the kind in the movie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Karate_Kid_(2010_film) jackie chan refers to it here.

Jackie Chan looks he can do more than pull it off, it looks like he will also top him. He was a very smart cast in my opinion

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha. You guys in Yurp will have to tell us what it's named.

It looks pretty good and I think that the transplantation into a new environment adds a bit of depth to this movie that the first at least lacked(never saw the sequels). And don't be too worried about the Fort Minor song, that's white person rap.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Why isn't Ralph Macchio in this? WHY?!?!

He could still don the Gi

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldnt be surprised if they at least had him make a cameo appearance, just for nostalgia's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom