The Kai world (wip)

Best answers
Well here are screens from my latest map. It's based on the Kai world with the Zsword. This is still a big wip and guess I will get alot of crits.

Kaiworld screenshot

later

Best answers
WOW O_O that looks kool cannot w8 to play on that map wat else are u gonna add to this map??

Best answers
Well i'm going to work on the terrain a bit more as you can see I'm a bigginer at that part. I don't want to add to much new stuff, but I will have diffrent tree models and maybe a better sword model.

Best answers
BTW, the water looks like a squar in pics atm. but will look alot better in final version

Best answers
If you want it to look like the Kai's world the gras needs to be juicier(-> more green)
And you'll have to find or make a good sky that's purple an has those moons in it...
But great job already.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about a bigger picture, so we can actually look at the mapping technique.

Best answers
okay bigger pics are comming now, note. I said it's wip and just for future critz the sky and every texture will be replace

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks rather good, really awesome man. Did you create the texures yourself aswell ?

Best answers
Here are some new screenshots

Sword

Waterfall

River and terrain

You must know that I will make the water a bit darker and transperant. This map is kinda based on the Zsword area.

But my other kai world that I will be making will have advance damage features. Like look normal at first, but as you do about 5000 damage to sertin areas(almost whole map) the map will change like the ground would raise(meaning like when goku and buu fight in those cliffs came out). That kinda effect off gameplay I will have.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you look close to the waterfall then you see a error, fix that if possible.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its lookin good, just i think the cliffs and rock formations should be a little more random, same with the waterfall, and i think u need new textures for this map, those ones dont really fit the kai planet.

Best answers
CS, atm it's dmz textures, but will be making my own soon. I only used them to get the map some atmosfeer atm

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see quite a few bugs (misaligned brushes) and logic errors (such as the waterfall should have emptied a long time ago). Also, the layout looks like it was ripped off of ESF_Guru. The water should be clear, the sword looks randomly placed, and the terrain style looks very shoddy and poorly done. There looks to be many places to get trapped in where you must fly out which I find annoying. My suggestions are to try and smooth out the terrain, pick one or two types of trees that have the same color leaves, and fix the misaligned brushes.

Best answers
Okay, i'm bit confused, because I said this is still a wip and said there be other models used including trees and sword. I'm working on new and better textures atm. I'm very new to this terrain detail and wishes to have an tutorial. But I' thought some1 is going to say it's a rip off from esf_guru. Well i'm working to chance those work atm, but those two map's have alot in common. So if you think this is an rip off the think like this. This map is an guru map compatible with 1.2 The terrain will be smooth out by alot. I just started with that so I have some terrain to work on.

Should there be little hills with stone or should there just be grass

Best answers
tnx for the refrence

just to be sure... was the cliff surronded by water?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i believe so. but i dont recall a waterfall... if im not mistaken is a small cliff (you know what i mean) surrounded by a big lake of water. i think its in the water itself. not a mote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom