The inevitable Half-Life 2 Thread

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here it is, the game we've all been waiting for. Except those without PC's and/or Half-Life haters.

I'm getting the collectors edition (not as good as Gold but more stuff than Silver) tomorrow morning, what edition are you/have you guys getting/got?

3 years of development, 6 delays, 1 year pushed back, 3.6 hours until release...anyone got any last words before this becomes the main HL2 pant-wetting/fanboy/ZOMG thread?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. Overhyped. *runs*

Just ignore this post btw, just had to get that out of my system. :p

Best answers
You wont be getting a Collectors Edition as they havent made them yet "Source from H|cks who pre-ordered it and got an email back saying it"

I wouldnt say HL2 was overhyped, Halo 2 on the other hand..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who's H|cks? I preordered mine from the local game shop and they phoned me today to confirm that they had two versions in, one on 4 CD's (Normal?) and the other on a DVD (Collectors?) and they're both on sale tomorrow.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamespot gave it a 9.2. There goes the whole "Half-Life pwns God and Halo 2 at the same time!!!11" theory.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll rule. I don't see how it can possibly be overhyped. If it is bad, I make a promise here I will leave this forum forever, if the game blows.

It is just getting TO many good ratings for it to be bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
owa said:
It'll rule. I don't see how it can possibly be overhyped. If it is bad, I make a promise here I will leave this forum forever, if the game blows.

It is just getting TO many good ratings for it to be bad.
lol but who knows it might suck like ****... lol cause remember what happened to DOOM3 (or at least what i heard) The graphics: A++++

The story: F

so who knows what might happen. Just pray to god this will be the best game out there :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NO. No slating/flaming the game, the last thing I want is for this thread to get closed before the games out.

And seeing as the story is very much a mystery (all you know is that the gman hired Gordon) it's redundant to give the story an F.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Gamespot gave it a 9.2. There goes the whole "Half-Life pwns God and Halo 2 at the same time!!!11" theory.
They're horrible at rating games (same goes for ign, though ign are a lot worse at it). They're console fanboys which shows why halo2 was given a higher score then hl2.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I'm getting the collectors edition (not as good as Gold but more stuff than Silver) tomorrow morning, what edition are you/have you guys getting/got?
I'll be getting the plain-Jane, normal, non-fancy, non-shiny retail version. I figure I don't really want DoD Source, as I never liked DoD, and I don't think I need HL: Source right away. I just want HL 2, and CS: S might be nice to try...even though CS and I don't mix well XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like DoD either, and CS: S is an inevitabilty with any version of the game. If the DVD I get tomorrow isn't the Collectors then i'm not going to be unhappy. Besides i've played through Half-Life loads of times. It would be nice though, maybe you'll be able to buy it over Steam for another $10 or something later. Until then there's San Andreas, Half-Life 2, MGS3 and so forth...

Oh yeah, and if it's not Collectors I won't get the HL2 T-shirt that screams 'Carry my children' to women everywhere :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hybrid said:
They're horrible at rating games (same goes for ign, though ign are a lot worse at it). They're console fanboys which shows why halo2 was given a higher score then hl2.
Console fanboys? Why did San Andreas get a better score then (9.6)?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Console fanboys? Why did San Andreas get a better score then (9.6)?
Because san andreas is on a console...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because it's on ps2 which is an console as well? :\

Best answers
i be buying the Normal DVD version in the morining at 9am GMT from my local Game shop. then driving like a madman to get home to install and play it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the xbox version gets the same or a higher score, you both owe me your ballsacks.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy god people, STAY ON TOPIC. You'll just get this closed, and you'll only make us seem immature and stupid. Just don't do it, my god. STAY ON TOPIC. Don't compare HL2 with H2, go to the thread that concerns them, not here. Jeeez

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom