The in game chat for STEAM!!

Best answers
I have a problem with my in game chat with STEAM. I have a **** comp and I run off software mode. My chat will sometimes show up as this really garbled text on my screen and, well, all the other words to the "who killed who and with what" messages to the basic chat that people have with each other will become screwed up. The first time I played ESF on steam I thought I was on some foreign guys server becuase the %@#$@ words were so messed up. I was told to install STEAM pack 2.0 for ESF to fix the problem one day when I asked, but that didn't fix it. Now, it goes in and out of being regular chat to this garbled weird S**T that I can't understand. Help!!!!

Best answers
I don't know if it will work for you... but here it goes:
1. Go to your esf steam folder
2. Delete all the xxx_textscheme.txt (example: 800_textscheme.txt).

Best answers
MEH!!! Sorry it took so long to reply but the ****** chat still gets messed up sometimes when the explosions fill the screen or when the server is refreshing maps. Please give me other advice, ANYONE???

Best answers
Well, yeah Steam has another way with video cards. Anyway, did my suggestion help, just a bit :)? I will try to find out and see if I can help you with your current problem.

Best answers
I think...... it helped me out a little bit with my problem. Not much though.... I have a crappy comp and I run ESF on software mode, if that information helps you at all o_O

Best answers
Lol, I saw some changes in the last update, it said something about the software mod.. didn't it got fixed? if not go to the www.steampowered.com forums

Best answers
Well steam updates your Steam settings every wednesday so why not wait and see if they change it this wednesday

jc

Best answers
are you running a win9x os? cos steam on 9x SUCKS. steam f**** up windows everyday. It screws up the fonts of every single app. im pretty certain theres a nasty memory leak somewhere in there, i can get two games of chess out of it before it totally kills my comp.

Best answers
The text is only messes up for ESF. Everything else works fine :) . I will try to update later.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom