The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - The Movie!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed it's true, they're making a movie for the most wackiest book ever created. I dunno if anyone here has read the book, or maybe played the text adventure game, but I urge you to, it's great stuff. If this movie captures all the charm and humour of the novel, then I'm certain it will turn out to be pretty good. Anyone else excited for this movie?

Oh, and here is a link for the teaser, just scroll to the bottom of the page. http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/579/579545p1.html

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone posted the trailer a few months ago. =\
Looking forward to the movie, in any case.

Best answers
Yeah, can't wait for this. I just hope they can capture the brilliance that is Douglas Adams.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most, definatly... hahaha...

awwww...

ummm yeah i hope they dont botch it like they've done so many things thus far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Yeah, can't wait for this. I just hope they can capture the brilliance that is Douglas Adams.
u do realize he basically wrote the movie script :rolleyes:

Best answers
Yeah... even though he wrote the script, it doesn't mean it's sure of success. Directors, producers or actors could find a way to screw it up.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O.... there's already a sort of movie, its 2 video's long, must be at least 6 hours worth of footage... its got the restraunt at the end of the universe as well, i havent watched it in years, but it was a bbc production... i doubt this film will rival that =\

Best answers
Yeah I watched it. There were some funny parts, but it could have been better of course. It was made in the 80s too, so I wasn't expecting too much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Yeah... even though he wrote the script, it doesn't mean it's sure of success. Directors, producers or actors could find a way to screw it up.

Indeed. They made a very poor choice for Ford Prefect. Mos Def.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, this will be interesting. I've got the whole Douglas Adams set and the videos and I think the thing that would kill this is changing the humour/style for a wider appeal. It's very British humour I think, and if they take away any of the subtleties it'll remove the Hitch-Hikers magic.

Anyone know how much the movies going to cover? Like a movie per book? Or perhaps meld parts of two books into one film? And is the bubble-headed 'droid in the poster supposed to be Marvin? One last thing...

FilmForce said:
Bill Bailey playing the whale.
W00t! \o/

Best answers
Looking forward to seeing it, tho I haven't read any of the books. The teaser looked promising, especially with the great music at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom