The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Best answers
The Chronicles of Narnia teaser

Even though its disney, it still looks like its gonna be one amazing movie.

Based on the classic novel by CS Lewis. Four London children are sent to a professors country home in order for protection during World War II. There they find a magic wardrobe which leads to a mystical land called Narnia, which is being ruled by an evil witch. To defeat the Witch, they must join forces with Aslan, the lion God of Narnia, and the great battle between good and evil.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i still have the hardback set of all 7 books. and i still love them, even though theres such a strong religious thread running through them. not as much as LoTR though (and before anyone questions that comparison, tolkien and lewis were writing buddies, and always proof read each others work).

i still have the origional Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe video =O

will post/edit when ive seen the trailer =]

they ruined it =[ they cg'd Aslan, which made him look weird. the white witch doesnt look nearly as impressive as the origional. and the caption "a chronical will begin" is bull****, because it starts with "the magicians nephew" not "the lion the witch and the wardrobe".

god damnit, movie makers are ****ing stupid >_<

/me sighs. i guess ill just wait for Fox to butcher "Eragon" =[

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Magician's Nephew is my favorite book in the series. It's the first chronologically, but I think the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was the first book written.

My favorites are the Magician's Nephew, and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Best answers
I'll just throw a little anti-christ mod in here and say that this thread is now open for both discussing the movie AND the books themself. I haven't read them yet, but I'm in the market for a hardcover of these books. Sounds like there good reading material.

Any mod have objections against this change of plan, up yours :D my thread, my playground muwhaha. And besides, some litterary talk wouldn't do this "zomg gokku liek teh strong ololol" forums any harm.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Narnia !_! i used to love the books, "The Silver Throne" (i think its called?????) was my favourite

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
No one really would object to it in the first place o_O Gonadz needs some uber maxi :p

anyways I've only read up "The Silver Chair" ack in 6th grade, decent book series, might see this. Looks like it'll suck though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know how I knew, but when I saw the trailer for the movie when I watched revenge of the sith, about a quarter of the way through I guessed it was The Chronicles of Narnia.

The weird thing is, i've literally never even seen one of the books in my entire life. It kinda freaked me out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prince Caspian (voyage of the dawn treader, the silver chair) was an awsome character. and i loved his development.

i also loved the development of Edward, Lucy, Peter, and Susan, and how in one of the books, Susan didnt go to narnia, because she simply didnt believe its existance anymore, and she had grown up.

i also loved how the final book finnished the series. bringing all four into the world again, but its not how they remembered it, its a dark world, where Aslan is no longer god, and they are mere legends, no one believes their existance anymore. but they can never return home because, SPOILER! theyre dead.

very good books. interesting to read them again now (ive just got halfway through voyage of the dawn treader, reading chronologically....storywise) and see the reliegious underlay that i couldnt before.

how the white whitch was the woman in the magicians nephew, who basically reprisents the snake in the bible. and how the nephew is almost a symbol of both adam and jesus.

interesting stuff O_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom