the cartographers must not be trusted!!!!!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Screw all y'all, I moving to not idaho. Though I might hazard to say that based on my data from the Garfield-DaVinci-USA theory, that Idaho exists, but Wyoming does not.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why is it a turtle... why not a camel

anyway, yeaaaa gravity has something to do with mass and density of objects, everything has a certain pull on everything else just not nearly on as big of a scale as say the earth or the sun. even the moon affects us, tide anyone?

"The Earth moves through space like a giant elevator. We do not fall off because we are kept down by inertia. The Earth has inertia."

wooooow ok, so then if we jumped we would fly off the planet.

such sillyness
this site isnt actually serious is it? if it is... i have lost all faith in humanity

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wrong, Pain.

If you jump while going down in an elevator, do you crash into the ceiling? No.

Jumping is difficult because inertia is keeping you down.

Best answers
THE MAN KEEPS YOU DOWN... Not INERTIA...IT'S THE MAN

Best answers
This is absolutly the most rediculous thing I have ever read, and I've read a lot of stupid, retarded, and just ****ed up conspiracies theories in my day. The tree huggers have gone too far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jumping off the planet in reality is of course impossible, talking about the crazy sites beliefs, it would not be.

if the elevator lost control and fell down its colum, falling faster than gravity, yes you would be on the ceiling, or at least levitating.

but that argument is pointless because... well gravity is still a factor

weve all seen the video of nasa and the weightless stuff. they are on a spacecraft, the spacecraft and them are moving at a certain rate, inertia. so wouldnt it be true that if they pushed off from a surface from the spacecraft they would go flying in the opposite direction?

you know... the laws of physics, equal and opposite reaction mumbo jumbo...
so theoretically, if the planet had no gravitational pull, you could jump off the face of the earth if you were on side B of the plant and its inertia was toward that of side A

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're all full of it. This is clearly another ploy. . . a mass-illusion created by the food industry.

Are you willing to admit that kerosene and bleach create gravitational forces?

I rest my case.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we must revolt against the cartographers

5=6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
the idea of the world floating around on a turtle is in fact a creation from the mind of terry pratchet...read ANY of the discworld series for christs sake..
Yes. They forgot about the elephants though. There have to be elephants.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pfft. I knew those satellite photos of the earth had been doctored. I mean, cmon. A giant ball that people live on? People can never live on a ball, but we can live on paper. The earth is flat like paper so we can live on it. If someone dies, Jebus erases the body with his cosmic pencil and then draws another character. We are all part of Jebus's anime.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
jumping off the planet in reality is of course impossible, talking about the crazy sites beliefs, it would not be.

if the elevator lost control and fell down its colum, falling faster than gravity, yes you would be on the ceiling, or at least levitating.

but that argument is pointless because... well gravity is still a factor

weve all seen the video of nasa and the weightless stuff. they are on a spacecraft, the spacecraft and them are moving at a certain rate, inertia. so wouldnt it be true that if they pushed off from a surface from the spacecraft they would go flying in the opposite direction?

you know... the laws of physics, equal and opposite reaction mumbo jumbo...
so theoretically, if the planet had no gravitational pull, you could jump off the face of the earth if you were on side B of the plant and its inertia was toward that of side A

If the planet had no gravitational pull it wouldn't be a planet. Mass pulls other mass towards it, so if there is a planet there, there has to be gravity; however, you could take something small like our moon that has very little gravity (lighter mass) and you might be able to fly off of that if you hit a trampoline at super speed.

An elevator cannot fall faster than gravity you realize, because GRAVITY is causing it to fall. Gravity doesn't even have a speed, it has a force, a certain amount of pull, which accellerates objects over time when they are not resisting it. If an elevator was falling and you lifted up your feet it's true you'd float, and if you jumped you'd slam into the cieling because you'd be essentially weightless (and pushing off from the ground you'd float into the ceiling). You know how they filmed Apollo 13? They got in a plane and barreled down out of the sky when they reached a certain height. They were falling at the same rate as the plane so subtle shifts in inertia would send them floating one direction or another.

What does this have to do with Idaho though?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Idaho is where gravity was invented. A long time ago, the gravity machine went haywire and gravity was spread throughout the planet and idaho disappeared. Only rumours and legends about Idaho exist now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
If the planet had no gravitational pull it wouldn't be a planet. Mass pulls other mass towards it, so if there is a planet there, there has to be gravity; however, you could take something small like our moon that has very little gravity (lighter mass) and you might be able to fly off of that if you hit a trampoline at super speed.

An elevator cannot fall faster than gravity you realize, because GRAVITY is causing it to fall. Gravity doesn't even have a speed, it has a force, a certain amount of pull, which accellerates objects over time when they are not resisting it. If an elevator was falling and you lifted up your feet it's true you'd float, and if you jumped you'd slam into the cieling because you'd be essentially weightless (and pushing off from the ground you'd float into the ceiling). You know how they filmed Apollo 13? They got in a plane and barreled down out of the sky when they reached a certain height. They were falling at the same rate as the plane so subtle shifts in inertia would send them floating one direction or another.

What does this have to do with Idaho though?
i was speaking in terms of the sites rules, where there is no gravity :p

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It all makes sense now, and best wishes to my comrades of the pentagon.

Best answers
There is a school of thought which states, however, that the Earth does not move through space, but rather that it rests on the back of a giant turtle, and that what we call gravity is, in fact, the turtle's animal magnetism.
Sounds like these guys have been reading Discworld just one too many times...

Guess my brother was right... there really are sites on EVERY subject you can come up with.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do these idiots get away with it.

This is crap. Stupidity!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it really? All scientific evidence points to the Earth being flat. This same evidence says that the universe is actually composed of dreams and one day the dream will disappear and all that will be left is Goliath from the cartoon Gargoyles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom