the cartographers must not be trusted!!!!!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"There is a school of thought which states, however, that the Earth does not move through space, but rather that it rests on the back of a giant turtle, and that what we call gravity is, in fact, the turtle's animal magnetism."

Animal magnetism has nothing to do with real magnetism.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
open your eyes fool... all a plot thought up by the cartographers

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Animal magnetism has nothing to do with real magnetism.
This "real magnetism" you speak of applies only to metallic substances. Are we metallic? Nope we're animals. Animal magnetism would be what keeps us down to earth, not "real magnetism."

Keep in mind, however, that the statement about the turtle and animal magnetism is only one single school of thought's point of view, much like all the different schools of thought when it comes to religion. While most of them can be wrong, one of them can also be right.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
This "real magnetism" you speak of applies only to metallic substances. Are we metallic? Nope we're animals. Animal magnetism would be what keeps us down to earth, not "real magnetism."

Keep in mind, however, that the statement about the turtle and animal magnetism is only one single school of thought's point of view, much like all the different schools of thought when it comes to religion. While most of them can be wrong, one of them can also be right.
sorry but i beg to differ (funny we were talking about this in my chemistry class today) but every object with mass is pulled toward with a force to everyother object with mass. Its just that the ratio of those 2 objects compared to the earth are so small its not noticebale even if its a 10 ton boat etc. and seeing as you are magnetically charged, you are attracted to other things. but your right about the single school of thought.

(what i said might not be entirely true, that came from memory -.-)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:

The phrase, "animal magnetism" has absolutely NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING to do with "what keeps us down on Earth."

Main Entry: animal magnetism
Function: noun
1 : a mysterious force claimed by Mesmer to enable him to hypnotize patients
2 : a magnetic charm or appeal; especially : SEX APPEAL

http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=animal+magnetism

5 entries found for animal magnetism.
animal magnetism
n.
A special personal power or presence held to facilitate the hypnotism of others.
Magnetic personal charm.
Sex appeal.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=animal magnetism

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
weird_People said:
Yes. Beneath the Earth, or hanging off the edges, is a land populated by either green-skinned women or Nazis.
that was my favorite.

oh and

weird_people said:
20. Does Idaho exist
No. The existence of Idaho is a lie, fabricated by a conspiracy of cartographers, as is England (see question 10).

21. What about North Dakota?
That doesn't exist either.

22. Any other places which are believed to exist but really don't?
Yes, Australia.
Sorry Idaho, north dakota and aussies, you don't exist!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the idea of the world floating around on a turtle is in fact a creation from the mind of terry pratchet...read ANY of the discworld series for christs sake..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the silent carographer!!!

dun dun da....

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
sorry but i beg to differ (funny we were talking about this in my chemistry class today) but every object with mass is pulled toward with a force to everyother object with mass. Its just that the ratio of those 2 objects compared to the earth are so small its not noticebale even if its a 10 ton boat etc. and seeing as you are magnetically charged, you are attracted to other things. but your right about the single school of thought.

(what i said might not be entirely true, that came from memory -.-)
I bet those chemistry classes of yours also told you that the force that causes two masses to be attracted to eachother is gravity. And as the site clearly says, gravity is utter BS.

Alea, thanks for showing me the definitions of Animal Magnetism on those online dictionarys, but you do realize that those are both .com URLs? .com stands for commercial meaning that money is what controls them. Bet you can't guess who has all the money after selling all those round globes ^.^

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. Money is what controls .Coms.

Afterall, ESFORCES.COM is just RAKING IN THE MONEY, isn't it?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, Greg, the host, uses ESF as a pitching site for his hosting services, thus the online cash cow moves on.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's irrelevant.. Just because the owner of Oktagone has ads on a site that he hosts for free, doesn't mean the site is intended for money-making. You think philanthropy.com, newspaper of the 'non-profit' world, makes money off the site? :p

.com doesn't mean that the site is designed to make money in any way.

KyoKusanagi

K
I'll have some of whatever the Flat Earth society have been smoking.

That made my day. :D

Best answers
i "fell off" the earth yesterday. there are no green-skinned women or nazis. its just the same earth, but everything is upside-down.

Retired
Best answers
now I know what I felt when I was in an airplane..it started shaking..it was probably that we fell off and come back as 'rain' somehow. to earth...

NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE

Best answers
Hey, wait a minute, that is not a real corner...
So? The equator of the spherical earthers is an imaginary line as well. Does this mean that their model does not have a northern and a southern hemisphere? You cannot count in imaginary numbers, but does that mean that they do not exist?

Okay that's enough of this stupidity....Everyone go to one of the earth corners..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom