Teleport in advanced melee

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know this has been suggested before, but i believe that it could be brought to attention again. However this idea is just my thoughts;

While in advanced melee (inputting your attacks) you hold down the teleport button at any time, to make a teleport move (you must specify the direction whilst holding down teleport) this costs ki, when the defender must defend against the teleport he will need to input correct direction you inputted (like any other attack), if he fails he will stand there as you teleport behind him (your position depending on your teleport, up would be above left etc), and your next attack will either - always be a random arrow on his screen/or always hit. If the opponent guess's your teleport correctly he will dodge your attack and turn to face you. If a teleport is made at the end of the advanced melee round (the last attack before your opponent gets to attack) and you opponent fails to correctly input the corresponding arrow, you will teleport out of combat in the direction you specified.

Thats pretty much the rough idea of it, but i had another idea for teleport combo's;

Say if you put a heavy arrow before your teleport attack, and you hit with the heavy arrow (both teleport and heavy arrow must be the same direction) you will hit them in that direction (away from where you were fighting) to a certain point and teleport infront of them again, if you have any attacks left after the teleport you will have a greater chance of success with them to hit, if not the melee round is either over or your opponent gets some attacks against you. I thought that this would be rather fun, as at the moment you can kinda do it using simple melee, but your opponent has no chance to fight back and you cant advance melee them. This would also mean the advanced melee fights would be moving places, and not such a victim to awaiting beam spammers.

Anyhows, lemme know what you think of my crazy idea's =0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a great idea, but I think it could be a lot simpler.

Instead of a directional teleport attack, simply have it as one icon. To counter it the other player must also hit his teleport.

To impliment your tele combo idea, the tele attack could simply link onto the attack preceding it.

The same could be done for ki attacks during advanced melee by hitting turbo or powerup, with the same type of linking.

Best answers
i like that :p i've been thinging of smthng similar to that for a bit long time :]

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah yus, sounds like a good idea pain, much simpler too.

I dunno if im the only one, but i find advanced melee too much in one place, in the show when all the hardcore infighting was going on, they'd still be moving weather it'd be teleporting, or that as they attack they move forward, or whatever, I'd like to suggest when you are on the attack you push your enemy backwards slightly with every sucessful hit, (so the fights arent simply in one place) you then could push your enemy up against a wall and get extra damage, then using the teleport idea you could escape from being pumled into the wall, etc.... I dunno if it'd do anything gameplay wise, but i think it'd be more... dbzesque with it like that, and like i said before the way the advanced melee fights happen now they're a sitting target for beams.

Best answers
Yeah, I think when you are in advanced melee, your two fighters should be flying around the entire map.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if you people read the news in the main page they said ESF b1.3 will have new animations and if i quote
Mastasurf said:
In an earlier post I mentioned how Darktooth is adding new flare to his animations. "It's not just punching any more.. 18 for example wraps her legs around her opponent and starts bashing their face in," to be exact. Here you go...
and
Mastasurf said:
"It�s not just punching any more.. 18 for example wraps her legs around her opponent and starts bashing their face in.�

Over the past couple weeks Darktooth has been revamping the advanced melee and swoop animations. Instead of just sitting there while players input their advanced melee attacks the characters now move around and take turns punching each other in a very DBZish manner.The updates he is making to the animations sound really exciting! hopefully we will be able to get some clips to you guys soon.
i think that should say all ^^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course I read the main page, and to my knowledge i doubt they're including what ive suggested here. I'd just like to see the advanced melee fights move whilst they're going on, move upwards in a spiral for instance or move backwards/forwards whatever depending on how well the players are fighting, the point being they dont just stay in one place whilst the fight gets sorted out, they actually move around the map more. The news on the main page was refering to the stun time if im correct im refering to the whole time you are in advanced melee and the attacks are in progress, say you hit him with 2 of 6 attacks, he will get hit backwards 5 or 10 feet and then dodge the rest, then when he attacks, with every punch landed they move 5 or 10 feet the other way.

And dont forget grega, this is about teleport in advanced melee... the movement was just a secondary thing that i think is logical, and would spruce up the game somewhat.

Best answers
well how about smthng like in budokai 3.. that u kick ur oppoment away.. and then press some button and u charge ur swoop and then go with famn fast speed to ur oppoment and hit him to other direction and then do it again.. and it makes like 2-3 hit and the last 1 will hit the oppoment to ground.. and then possible shoot some beams to him..

and for the defense.. if ur been hit away. u see some arrows coming.. just like in adv. melee now.. and if u get then all right.. the oppoment wont be able to hit u and u will tele behind him and hit him into ground or away.. but if there comes like 4 arrows.. and u get 3 right.. u dodge 1 hit.. and try to make 1 to ur oppoment.. but he dodges it and then he hits u away..

i thing it would be pretty nice to have.. u would be flying all across the map.. and having exiting fights in the same time..

so what do ya thing abot it?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
And dont forget grega, this is about teleport in advanced melee... the movement was just a secondary thing that i think is logical, and would spruce up the game somewhat.
Sorry guess i missread your idea ^^

but i just think lets wait and see what they will cook up since 1.3 isnt gona be out that soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom