Teleport [Adv. Melee Addition]

What do you think of my idea?

• Great! I support it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
After just watching the fight betweewn Majin Buu and Vegetto, I realized more than ever that, while fighting, they seem to teleport several times inbetween punches and kicks. This fighting method inspired me to post this idea.

You and I are engaged in advanced melee, and I'm attacking. I throttle a combo of ups, downs, lefts, and rights at you, and then I press left + teleport. As you see my white-outlined arrows signifying my attacks on your screen, the last one is a little different. It's a blue circle. After successfully dodging all but one of my awesome moves ( :devil: ), you hit your teleport key instead of a direction when you see the blue circle. You then teleport with me to your right (my left) and the melee struggle continues.

Note: I did not have to press left + teleport, I could have pressed any direction + teleport. I used left as an example.

I believe that the melee bar should start from the beginning once again at your turn since the teleport was the last move executed. If I was to throw the teleport in and then continue my moves (so teleporting wasn't the last move of my chain), my turn would continue after we were teleported. Basically, in hitting your teleport key when you see the blue circle, you have acknowledged my request in teleporting with me to continue our fight a few metres away in the direction of my choosing, since I initialized the teleport request.

If you have feedback or modifications to my idea, please include them below!
I personally think it's fine how it is, but show me what I don't see!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first what if the other guy dosent wana teleport
second i thin the idea is great but i would like to see the teleport animation be in while fighting like when player 1 is done whit his turn and player 2 starts tocombo before the first punch or kick he just teleports to the side of the player that the cpu picked (random) and then continue the fight now if player 1 blocks the attack he turns to the side and blocksif not he recives more damage (2 points) and then turns to the side the attacker is at

Best answers
If the other player does not press anything when they see the blue circle, they will not be peanlized. That just means that they have denied the teleporting request from the first player.

That means if teleport isn't pressed when the blue circle appears, it has to be bypassed which will take coding.

If I throw a teleport in my series of moves before I continue my sequence, and you ignore the teleport, the game will have to realize that and your moves will have to apply to all the arrows that appear after the circle (as if the circle wasn't there).

That may be confusing to understand, so read it over slowly. ;)

I don't think the teleport direction should be random, it should be up to the person that first presses a direction + teleport. Then it's up to the second fighter to accept by pressing tele, or deny by not pressing tele, and continuing with the adv. melee sequence.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i had this idea, but i couldnt be arsed to post it, so u saved me sum time, im all for it, just change a few things and it'd be groovy

Best answers
I was kind of hoping more people would read this suggestion...
Does anyone have any more feedback?

Best answers
I like this idea... but i have a varation on it...

the reason they teleported whilst in combat is to get out of view and do an attack on a blind spot

Now i sugest that you can only do the teleport option on a Powerfull attack only, and that attack will be random 75% of the time... now doing this will drain double the amount of ki a normal teleport will and is risky

the arrow will be lets say a blue arrow now if the fail it you will telport behind them and smash them into the ground for double damage... but if they block it then they will teleport with you and start a new round of combat...

this would be a better option in my opinion...

tell me what you lot think

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know I think its better that every round of adv. melee will start in teleport. Like u charge a series of hits then when u unleash it u will teleport to somewhere else.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Working teleport into advanced melee is something already being considered, it's just going to take a lot of work, so don't expect it to happen soon. There are a crapload of checks you need to work into the code for something like that so that you don't ened up teleporting into the ground or a mountain, or another player or whatever.

Best answers
After reading this i had the same idea as Magmus lol. So i agree with him :D
It would be like a simplemelee+teleport intergrated into advanced melee, which is decided by teh arrows! (if you fail to get it right)
Or a continuous melee battle (if theres alot of teleporting to keep it going)
It would keep the game flowing nice i think. Instead of doing melee all in one place, your moving around and having to stop them getting that heavy hit in.

Oh and about the % of random arrows you'll do for advanced teleport melee.

Green 25% random arrow (half the amount of a normal teleport Ki)
Blue 50% random arrow (same amount as a normal teleport Ki)
Red 75% random arrow (double the amount of normal teleport Ki)

The stronger the teleport melee power, the more Ki could it could require.
Hows that sound?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about instead of a big chance of random arrows you just factor in a small ki cost for teleporting and teleporting after someone...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magmus I don't understand something. If u tele bihind them and they block then they should turn around not tele.

Best answers
Orbit - ever seen the show?

There have been plenty of battles where they keep on teleporting behind eachother (Im thinking of the Goku/Cell battle right now [I think :\]). So lets say if you try a teleport move and the other blocks it you punch through his tele-after-image and he teleport behind you. Now to make this all the better if the opponent blocks and teles behind you you have like 1-2 seconds to block that in order to not get hit from behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom