Which is better ?

• Soul Calibur 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tekken 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Teken looks like a pretty sick game, but I never played it. And Soul Calibur is ****in bad so im voting for that

Green Dragon

G
I am a big Tekken fan. It has way to many years under its belt for SC 2 to even compare. Plus, in the playstation version there is even a Tekken character in SC 2. Talk about influence.

~Peace and lprayers says the dragon

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh, tekken is WAY too slow for me.. i get so bored of the annoying controls and slow gameplay to quickly, sc11 solves that with its rapid gameplay, stunning visuals and some damm great moves, SC11 all the way ;|

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
non of them, tekken is to slow and sc2........well.......let's say i dont have 2 gamepads anymore hehe.
if i have to chose a game then i'll say doa3

Best answers
Tekken is slow and boring and it always will be. Soul Calibur 2 is the better game.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tekken 4 > Soul Calibur 2

1. Visuals

- Tekken 4 characters look a lot cleaner than most of the Soul Calibur 2 guys. The maps are also larger and more indept enviroments.

2. Music

- Tekken 4 has this category by far. It has a better overall mix of electonica/trance/jungle/ambience. Soul Calibur seems to be repetitive in this department.

3. Character Development

- Tekken 4 says it all.. each character has a very indept storyline and isn't completely and or mostly text based like Soul Calibur 2. Another thing about Soul Calibur 2 is the annoying catch phrases they randomly throw in before the fight starts... drives my insane.

4. Force Mode vs RPG Map Mode

- I also think Tekken 4 wins with it's Force Mode. I found that Soul Calibur 2's RPG Map Mode got boring pretty fast and the only thing keeping me interested was getting everyone's extra weapons.

There you have it... 4 points (there's more but I know you don't have all day) that prove why I think Tekken 4 is a lot better than Soul Calibur 2. The gameplay just seems more fluid and you can't just button mash and win. Tekken 4 has more authenticity with it's fighters(i.e. actual fighting styles) while Soul Calibur is just believable sword swiping.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say Soul Calibur > Tekken 4

It didnt take me very long to beat Tekken, its pretty easy. And it gets redundant after a while. I still pick it up and play it, but I think Soul Calibur has better gameplay.

(theyre even coming out with a Tekken 5, where will the madness end!)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MP said:
(theyre even coming out with a Tekken 5, where will the madness end!)
Tekken 5 should and will probably be the final in the series. I guess it will include everyone (even True Ogre and Devil) and be considered a tribute to how popular the series has become.

KyoKusanagi

K
As much as i enjoyed playing Soul Calibur II it doesn't come anywhere near (for me) to the depth and skill required for Tekken 4.

Sure Soul Caliburs fighting\parrying, 8 way run system is very good and undoubtedly the best weapons based fighting game yet, it doesn't have the depth that Tekken posseses.

I've found that in SCII although you can have both blowout victories and losses, most of the time even a match between a complete n00b and an expert is pretty tight as compared to Tekken. It's maybe just me but i don't want any n00bs coming up to me and giving me a scare in a game i'm proud to play and play well (i came first in my year long university competition with a 78% winning percentage out of 249 fights).

The thing that irks me the most about Soul Calibur II is that its not a giant leap above what Soul Calibur on Dreamcast was. Sure theres walls and now they've reintroduced special weapons but what else is there? Tekken 4 on the other hand although it did introduce walls, made the movement and fighting system a little tighter (i would argue a little too tight) and added new innovative characters to the mix - e.g. Steve. In addition to this, ive never really liked the block button\dial-a-combo fighting systems, they've never really done it for me and it basically means a expert can practice for weeks on end and still get given a run for their money by someone macking the heck out of the buttons. It doesn't seem fair does it.

What drew me most to Tekken has been the sheer range of fighting styles and movements - although not entirely believable as a martial arts match it does make for a spectacular movie martial arts style fight.

It all comes down to what kind of fighting you prefer and in my case i like hand to hand combat over weapons fighting (even though weapons fighting is cool). And in this case there is no better 3D fighter than Tekken 4 (with the exception of Tag because my fave character is in there...Jun! :D )

Retired
Best answers
Tekken 4 > Soul Caliber 2..

simply because I was bored pretty fast with Soul Caliber 2, and it didn't give me the satisfaction Soul Blade and Soul Caliber 1 gave me. so I must say Tekken 4.

Best answers
tekken is the worst ****ing cartoon ever nothing is worse than tekken.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i still dont think tekken has topped tekken 2, (which is my favorite of the series, since then its just been graphic upgrades) but SC2 has it beat in every category,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tuff choice, I really like Soul Calibur 2 cause I own with Ivy, Talim, and that chick with the two daggers (cant beleive I forgot her name).

Anyway im voting tekken cause its a classic 3D Fighter and I just love Ling Xiaoyu too much. She is the best fighter IMO :p Speed conquers all.

[DC]_MAKER said:
tekken is the worst ****ing cartoon ever nothing is worse than tekken.
You do know tekken is originally a game right? :p

Thanks to me, Poll is tied, 10| 10 :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soul Calibur II.

I'd go through the step by step blibbity blah analysis, but I honestly don't care about either game enough for that >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sc rocks and is hella fun

and tekken sucks and is boring

Best answers
Tekken is better takes more skill to combos are much tougher to learn. SC 2 is just to simple to win on it takes no skill what so ever and Tekken is more fun with lots of friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom