Teh wind waker GOTY?

Best answers
Teh lengend of zelda: the windwaker is the newsit and most advanced Zelda game to date.

I only have the demo but i have enough reading from the web and the back of the game box to know whats up.

The story goes somthing like this. at first it may seem the same(Like past titles) but it gets very diffrent.
You are link(Duh)
Your the chosen one(again, duh)
Your the only one who can draw the master sword(Duh duh)
and you have to save your sister!(what?)

not only does this game Not follow the normal story line, but its a part of it as well! yep, your the same link as in the ocarina of time. this is the next step right after the majoras mask(Which your still the same link as well from OoT) it turns out that after fleeing hyrule and crossing the sea to seek peace and live with your sister evil finds you yet again somehow.
Ganandorf is back somehow, yet at the begining of the game he does not reconize you(remember when you beat him in OoT you were grown up! now its 3 years after the mask, your older but still a kid!) at first. but when he rememebrs you he kidnaps your sister. so you of course get a magic ship(who looks a lot like the wise owl from the n64 games...) and try to save your sister.

but as you know this part has already been posted, all i wanted to tell you was "Its game of the year!". You can read abaout it in the game cube section of gamespy.

Thank You.
:yes: :no: ;/

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, the Link in Wind Waker is not the Link in Ocarina of Time....but I don't want to back that up further for fear of posting spoilers =X

At any rate, not surprised to see it as Game of the Year, t'was a great addition to the LoZ saga, despite its shortness :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya it is very short. i reserved it a month in advance and got it the day when it came out. well...i gave it back to the game store the next day...you figure out why. its very nice and if you really want to know who the dude in it is go get the game and dont skip any movies or the intro.i think he is desendant of link or something and his grandma gives him those clothes to ware. the storyline is enteresting the ending is suprising and is kinda complicated. if you havnt played ocerina of time you shouldnt play this one[cause you wont get it]. and i have heard they are doing a remake of ocerina of time for gamecube, of course.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't like it....the whole map was water....i didn't like the way the wannabe link looked....and as you guys have said the game was too short.

i hope the next zelda has the ocarina of time look instead of this one, i think that was the best zelda game yet.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved Wind Waker, although I didn't get to do any of the extra stuff you could have done since I just borrowed it from a friend. But I still enjoyed playing it throughly. I, unlike a lot of people, loved the cell shading and thought it made a very unique game.

And once you get the Wind of Gales, or whatever it's called, the whole map being water didn't matter much anymore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya, i love the cel-shading in it. its the first game ive seen thats cel-shaded without that black outline. and i just have to add my favorite thing in the game is the ability to pick-up any weapon an enemy drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom