Best answers
i might fix the face later on but im leaving it like that for the time being

heres a cool render elemental did for me, thx :p

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should really try to use smoothing groups, it makes the model look much better.
im not using max so i dont know how to do that =/ heh
awesome model though, gotta love the ssj2 hair ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya i was going to use smoothing groups but then i heard that the hl engine doesnt use smoothing groups

thx for ur comment ^_^ cant wait to see how you do ur ssj2

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it doesnt use smoothin groups, it does negate all of them and assign them to a single group in the end but it has its ways

when exporting to smd it unwelds all of the verys along the edges of smoothing groups, giving it the exact appearance of said smoothing groups, but without actually using them

go right ahead and apply em, itll fix itself in the end

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea, heh i didnt understood exacly what nuttzy said but im using smoothing groups on my gohan and it looks pretty good, go and see the pics i posted on my thread, check out the arms.

anyway keep up the awesome work ^_^ love it so far

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok since sv wont be making a ssj2 gohan anytime soon so ive decided that im going to release an sdk with my model in it for ppl to give a shot at skinning, you may want to post your wip here

d2 was nice enough to do the skinmaps for us plus he skinned it to get a better idea of how to read the maps

have fun :)

http://darksniper.bunfire.com/GohanSDK.rar

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pimpin, you should skin it urself :p. I like it, i'm probally gonna take a look at it
soon. Looks secsi.

Best answers
YOU ****ING BASTARD!! You made me rig it all for nothin ..jk man

Glad to see you finally got it skinmapped, i might try skinning it again and hopefully if somone can get it skinned good we might be able to see it in esf ;)

nice work, gj :)

Best answers
good job guys,i like the model.although the hands and especially the fingers look bad.Also i think the nose is to pointy.Keep it up :yes:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SV, what i emant was, half life itself doesnt really use smoothing groups,

it unweldes verts along the edges of the smoothing groups, so ingame and in hlmv it appears as if the smoothing groups are still there but they really arent,

try this decompile ANY esf model that you think has smoothing groups, even your own, import the reference smd, now select all of the verts and weld em, notice how all of your model is in one smoothing group again, its cuz like i said when exporting to smd it automatically unwelds the verts along the edges of the smoothing groups you had set in milkshape,

it still looks like they are there but itsjust unwelded verts, not smoothing groups giving it that effect after you export it to smd, (i hope i explained it better thattime)

Best answers
Into esf they go ;o

Yup into esf they go..darksniper made a mistake in the readme and he doesn't want his models to be ported at this moment because we are hoping to get a bad ass skin. SO NO PORTING OR RELEASING OR UPLOADING ANYWHERE!! This is already rigged and ready to go but we need a badass skin to go with it, D2's skin is fine but we want more :) So if you want a ssj2 gohan, you're gonna have to skin him so he can get into esf, atm heres darksnipers model, with d2's skin, and my rigging..(sorry, i just had to put myself in there :) ) now drool!! cell getting his ass kicked, thanks nuttzy :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice screens reck, especially the one with the blue energy ball, anyway what reck said is true

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wtf?! are those models released? (that model)

Best answers
NOOOO!!! Once again, another awesome Gohan model ruined by that yucky bright purple skin. Does nobody else notice that Gohan's Gi isn't that colour? It's the same mistake everybody else makes with the skin of Gohan and Piccolo (except Chireru's Piccolo, he did it right). The Gi is way darker, and the hue should be more blue than red. Like this:

And this:

So the skin should look a little like this:

Apart from that, awesome model. Good job! :yes:

Best answers
If you want you can download the sdk and give the skin a try ;) I mean that isnt the final version, just something for people to drool on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom