[Tech Dirt]Announcing The Declaration Of Internet Freedom

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120701/22394419546/announcing-declaration-internet-freedom.shtml

A whole bunch of organizations and individuals are getting together today to launch the beginning of a process, the creation of an Internet Declaration of Freedom. We've seen how the internet has been under attack from various directions, and we recognize that it's time to make that stop. The internet is an incredible platform that we want to grow and to thrive, and thus, a very large coalition got together to produce the following document as a starting point, hoping to kick off a much larger discussion which we hope you'll join in.

We've set up our own Step2 discussion page where you can vote on the principles, discuss them, add your own ideas... whatever you'd like. You can, of course, also discuss them below in the comments. There are a number of other organizations setting up pages as well. The folks at Free Press have put up a Declaration of Internet Freedom site that lists out many of the organizations and individuals who were involved in putting this together and who are supporting the effort. There's also a subreddit and a Cheezburger page. Lots of other groups have set up action pages where you can take part as well, including EFF, Access and Free Press.
Declaration of Internet Freedom
We stand for a free and open Internet.

We support transparent and participatory processes for making Internet policy and the establishment of five basic principles:

Expression: Don't censor the Internet.

Access: Promote universal access to fast and affordable networks.

Openness: Keep the Internet an open network where everyone is free to connect, communicate, write, read, watch, speak, listen, learn, create and innovate.

Innovation: Protect the freedom to innovate and create without permission. Don’t block new technologies, and don’t punish innovators for their users' actions.

Privacy: Protect privacy and defend everyone’s ability to control how their data and devices are used.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Where do I sign to be a Founding Father?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is clearly set up by the government.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
So who is this for? The people who don't understand that the Internet is essentially through its definition, freedom? Somebody had to write a new definition for the Internet? I think this should be mailed to the all governMENTAL:)fight:) agencies that seem to be the only ones that don't understand the implicit meaning of Internet.

In other words "Stop bothering us with pesky laws and regulations to further control our freedom. We won't let you."

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
http://youtu.be/4F4qzPbcFiA

Simple as that. Oh you government ****-heads and your stupid schemes.

Part of me still hopes this isn't some form of lie, but let's face it, when something is too good to be true, then it's most likely aaaa....
Say it with old Admiral Ackbar here!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What I truly want to know is how did damaera come to that conclusion unless ofcourse hes being sarcastic which then I don't want to know. Btw, isnt finding out my browser and OS kind of taking away some of my privacy, mind you this is not the place to preach freedom when we have some e-nazi administrators!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom