Votes: 4 9.3%
  • This won't effect how I play

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with David for making a system that shows damage instead of kills. Just like Battlegrounds mod does it. I always find it annoying (in any game) when you fight someone first, then someone else steals your kill and starts bragging about how many kills he made, while in essence, you did far more damage than he did.

I'm all for this idea, stops the individual bragging and might enhance teamplay a bit. Not much though, because I don't think most players will work more in a team if they know it will only add to a global team status. But there is no reason not create this as long as there is always a CVAR to revert to the old way.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with David for making a system that shows damage instead of kills. Just like Battlegrounds mod does it. I always find it annoying (in any game) when you fight someone first, then someone else steals your kill and starts bragging about how many kills he made, while in essence, you did far more damage than he did.

I'm all for this idea, stops the individual bragging and might enhance teamplay a bit. Not much though, because I don't think most players will work more in a team if they know it will only add to a global team status. But there is no reason not create this as long as there is always a CVAR to revert to the old way.
Im going to agree to that :)

Just never thought it was possible ^^

Just wondering. Should damage inflicted to oneself be put in as negative points or just left with no gain?

Best answers
It'll probably make team mode seem less like free for all mode and a bit more like team mode. But as we know, the movement in ESF is too fast to see any real amount of team co-operation.
Team play won't be apparent until it's actually needed to win the game. Something else would have to be changed in team mode. Whether It's an objective you must attack/defend/capture or wave respawning.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im going to agree to that :)

Just never thought it was possible ^^

Just wondering. Should damage inflicted to oneself be put in as negative points or just left with no gain?
No gain. 123212321313

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Any idea for powerlevel ranking in the game..?

Anyways, I like the team idea... something new is always good.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Conclusion:

The feedback from this thread along with input from the staff at today?s developer meeting guided us towards an alternate, but similar solution to the team scoring proposition. Instead of focusing on the number of kills or amount of damage a team acquires we have decided to use the total amount of PL gained by a team.

The amount of PL gain is determined by how much power level a character amasses from their base PL. This excludes any PL gained by transforming or by activating turbo. So, if a player starts with a base PL of 2 million and ends the match with 5 million, then their PL gain is 3 million. The total team score is determined by combining the PL gain of each player.

Why use power level instead of damage?

Although using PL is based on the same concept as using damage totals it inherently adds a few extra intricacies. For example, the effort made during a fight is accounted for (weaker players fighting stronger) through how PL gain is calculated. Also, the affects of suicide spamming and kill stealing are removed.

Additionally, a cvar will be added to revert back to traditional scoring, and players will be able to see their personal stats.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Conclusion:

The feedback from this thread along with input from the staff at today?s developer meeting guided us towards an alternate, but similar solution to the team scoring proposition. Instead of focusing on the number of kills or amount of damage a team acquires we have decided to use the total amount of PL gained by a team.

The amount of PL gain is determined by how much power level a character amasses from their base PL. This excludes any PL gained by transforming or by activating turbo. So, if a player starts with a base PL of 2 million and ends the match with 5 million, then their PL gain is 3 million. The total team score is determined by combining the PL gain of each player.

Why use power level instead of damage?

Although using PL is based on the same concept as using damage totals it inherently adds a few extra intricacies. For example, the effort made during a fight is accounted for (weaker players fighting stronger) through how PL gain is calculated. Also, the affects of suicide spamming and kill stealing are removed.

Additionally, a cvar will be added to revert back to traditional scoring, and players will be able to see their personal stats.

Sounds good to me :yes:

The only tiny problem I could think up is if people discourage their team mates from transforming to win the round, since you get less pl when transformed than being normal and fighting someonewho is transformed.

But then again the other team may be winning so badly while transed that the other team has no choice but to transform and they still get more points since the other team has a higher pl...

Ok guess it balances out then :X

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom