• This won't effect how I play

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In an effort to promote teamplay we are planning on changing the way the score is kept for game modes requiring teams. Instead of individual players having stats the whole team will be combined into one total score. This means that when the scoreboard is looked at a player will only see the global stats for their team. Hopefully this will focus players on fighting as a team rather than just trying to obtain the highest rank.

- This is does not apply to "Free For All" game modes
- A CVAR will be put in allowing user to switch back to individual scoring

Best answers
Sounds awesome. Are you also going to allow an option to see both team and individual? Maybe you could have a line separating the individual from the team and have the team scores below them or something as an option too.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds awesome. Are you also going to allow an option to see both team and individual? Maybe you could have a line separating the individual from the team and have the team scores below them or something as an option too.
Thats in 1.2

The general idea here is to disable the persons specific stats and show only team stats. Ofcourse have a cvar that alows the admin to set either both individual and team scores or just team scores.

Im all for this idea. Since teamplay in ESF is nonexistant.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as the cvar is in place so people can choose for themselves, i'm all for this idea =]

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF isn't a team game, everyone is out for themselves. To be honest, I like that cutthroat environment, but changing the way the game is scored wouldn't really change it I guess.

I'm fine with this as long as you can still see how many kills you have (but your teamates can't) and the players are still sorted on the scoreboard by how many kills they have.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm down with this.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually hate FFA since it always ended up being the server vs. me, so I'm all for this idea (although I don't think it's going to make a huge difference since people would rather have high numbers when they press tab o.0. The easiest way to get high numbers is to play FFA).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In an effort to promote teamplay we are planning on changing the way the score is kept for game modes requiring teams. Instead of individual players having stats the whole team will be combined into one total score. This means that when the scoreboard is looked at a player will only see the global stats for their team. Hopefully this will focus players on fighting as a team rather than just trying to obtain the highest rank.

- This is does not apply to "Free For All" game modes
- A CVAR will be put in allowing user to switch back to individual scoring
I've always thought you should get rid of the scores entirely, and make the server list who is strongest in what order (and have it be vague, like, use a descriptive phrase instead of a PL number).

One of the things that hurts the game is that kills are worth more toward victory then a good fight. How long you last against a stronger opponent, your power level, winning power struggles or block struggles, etc...in the end, none of that matters, all that matters is who kills who and so the game becomes "double hit ki blob gen beam dead repeat."

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking maybe change it so its damage done instead of kills? ugh random idea.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. It puts towards a team effort. Like in Halo, right after killing everyone in a free for all slayer match, you must work together in a teamed CTF with a team-based score rather than an individual one.

Best answers
I was thinking maybe change it so its damage done instead of kills? ugh random idea.
I actually like that idea. When i always played ESF, i ended up fighting with a random guy until both of our HP was low, then Random guy#2 came and killed us both because we were low hp. He got 2 kills with hardly any fighting and we just wasted our time fighting each other.

And ontopic, i like the idea as long as you have the option to turn it off if you dont like it...

Best answers
As long its optional, I'm fine with it.

I hate FFA, so a new way of scoring for team play could be interesting.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it will be a nice adition to the game but if some one from the team decides to move to the other team and start kiling himself to get the team scor down ? (if there's not admin to ban him)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
well, to be honest, as long there it's optional I dont really mind
but the idea itself isnt very promising..
It's not like its a new thing, you're just planning on removing the individual scoring system.
What's good in that anyways?
esf is barely a team-game, much more of an individual gaming style.
while ESF is not dragonballz-world, You wont "risk your life" omg omg goku, to save your teammate, it's rather stupid and useless.
You're fighting for yourself even in team-mod, unless its an FCM/Clan War between clans, and then, you'd really need the individual scoring.
but oh well, looks like im the "minority" here.
not that I care that much , have fun with this "new" thingy of yours

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually like that idea. When i always played ESF, i ended up fighting with a random guy until both of our HP was low, then Random guy#2 came and killed us both because we were low hp. He got 2 kills with hardly any fighting and we just wasted our time fighting each other.

And ontopic, i like the idea as long as you have the option to turn it off if you dont like it...
As stated in my suggestion thread!

Personally I think they should remove score and just have a text rating. Best player being "best" then good, ok etc.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, to be honest, as long there it's optional I dont really mind
but the idea itself isnt very promising..
It's not like its a new thing, you're just planning on removing the individual scoring system.
What's good in that anyways?
esf is barely a team-game, much more of an individual gaming style.
while ESF is not dragonballz-world, You wont "risk your life" omg omg goku, to save your teammate, it's rather stupid and useless.
You're fighting for yourself even in team-mod, unless its an FCM/Clan War between clans, and then, you'd really need the individual scoring.
but oh well, looks like im the "minority" here.
not that I care that much , have fun with this "new" thingy of yours
True that. But its also true that any form of teamplay is banned from servers (doubleteaming ring a bell?)

That is in fact teamplay. Im kinda hoping this would improve the feel of it. Since people hate to loose this would make them play for the team. Since if the team looses so do they. Cause they wouldnt know if they have the most kills on from both teams or not.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It wont work in the age of FFA/TEAMPLAY spammage..
get it..
this isnt dbz, only esf...
Spirit bomb kills every1 that is closed,
scatter beams kills 5/10 in 1 shot..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've always thought you should get rid of the scores entirely, and make the server list who is strongest in what order (and have it be vague, like, use a descriptive phrase instead of a PL number).

One of the things that hurts the game is that kills are worth more toward victory then a good fight. How long you last against a stronger opponent, your power level, winning power struggles or block struggles, etc...in the end, none of that matters, all that matters is who kills who and so the game becomes "double hit ki blob gen beam dead repeat."
seconded.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom