taunts in the game?

Discord Member
Best answers
Much like TF2 (hitting z, x or c gives you access to 1-8 numbers of taunts) I think this would be an awesome idea.

Idea came from this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3UQsiQa4o&feature=g-vrec

I just think it would be so0o0o cool if you're standing there facing someone and you can time the taunts so Vegeta says "You see now this is our fate, our battle. Now let us begin!" Just a thought really and I wouldn't think it would be that difficult because it's just cutting audio from the show.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While at it, I wanna suggest a different taunt system. I base it on Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy's mod called Movie Battles II, but with slight variations as well.

3 types of taunts (the naming is purely based on MB2, not sure if it represents the taunts perfectly):

1. Taunt - the character extends his arm forward and makes the "come here" gesture. Kinda appropriate for before the fight begins.
  2. Gloat - the character performs a custom motion. Not exactly sure how it would be done for DBZ characters, as in MB2 the motion is mainly lightsaber swinging. Kinda appropriate to do in a middle of fight (especially when the opponent's running). Like laughing from the opponent/asking him to show all they got.
  3. Flourish - the character performs a custom motion of victory. Again, not sure how would this be done for DBZ characters. Appropriate when you defeat the opponent.
So it would be 3 custom animations (though probably the same for every character, unless decided otherwise), with different sounds for each type of taunt.

Taunts should be random, but with possibility to say a certain taunt. Like if the command for taunt is "taunt", then it should be possible to do "taunt X", X representing a certain taunt's ID.

Last edited:
FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Taunts?

[video=youtube;JrxNmFCmAro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrxNmFCmAro[/video]

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member