swooping not working sometimes bug

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sometimes when i play, i press forward twice and i swoop.. sometimes when i press forward twice i don't swoop... i keep pressing forward and i dont swoop.. untill i swoop backwards, left, right, etc which is another direction from forward, im able to swoop forward again

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
this has never occured to me
though after i stop swooping double tap stops responding for a few secs
of course after it worx np!!!

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you find a way to reproduce this bug, I should beable to fix it.

Best answers
i had this a lot
i have it when i´m going to hit by a disc
or when i´m to close to a wall

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've experienced this too. I'm thinking it has to do with latency more than anything. A little lag goes a long way in killing your ability to swoop anywhere. It'd also seem that pressing it too fast after you've just come out of another swoop hurts too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
If you find a way to reproduce this bug, I should beable to fix it.
Joe, I'm pretty sure it's not a bug. It happened to me too...till I learned that it's not like UT, and the double-tap isn't a particularly sensitive thing. Now that I deliberately relax when I hit it, it works every time. I bet that is what most people's problem is.

Best answers
Then maybe the sensitivity should be altered in 1.2.1, since most people tap fast.

Best answers
I wish you could just press one button to swoop, or set it to where you could have it that way.

Sound Artist
Best answers
What usually happens is, if your moving in a direction already, like forward.. then you double tap.. your last movement counts as your THIRD tap, thus swoop doesn't happen or you swoop for a split second.
Secondly, if your fps are really low, along with your ping. The information sending out will be lagged, so all you have to do is SLOW DOWN your taps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom