Swooping and teleporting

Best answers
Wouldn't it be cooler, if the afterimage that is left behind after a teleport would have the same effect like in the anime?Like, having all thoes lines "cutting thru"..I don't know how to explain it...
In esf, the afterimage is too simple.

Wouldn't it be cooler, if an enemy is at short distance in front of you, when teleporting, you could land behind him, facing his back, for a surprise hit/ Just like in the anime...

Wouldn't it be cooler, if the swoop would have a trail, not very long, a short one...It will look more authentic...

Wouldn't it be cooler, if you could teleport WHILE swooping? So you could be heading for somone in speed, and all of a sudden be in front or behind him?

Now just tell me your oppinions of what's cool, and what's not:D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ace005 said:
Wouldn't it be cooler, if you could teleport WHILE swooping? So you could be heading for somone in speed, and all of a sudden be in front or behind him?

Allready possible. You just have to know how to do it.

You dont exacly teleport while swooping. But you do it right after. Same efect. And it requires atleast some skill ^^

Best answers
Grega said:
Allready possible. You just have to know how to do it.

You dont exacly teleport while swooping. But you do it right after. Same efect. And it requires atleast some skill ^^
I know about that, and in my oppinion, it requires TOO much skill:laff:

Instead of

swoop ______ teleport ____ swoop
>>>>>>>>> - - >>>>>>>

it's more like

>>>>>>>>| ???? - ----- >>>>>>>>>>
swoop ____ stop think teleport swoop

And what do you think about hte other stuff?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
swooping is fine as it is.
learn the game.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People can already teleport behind you and hit you, and yes i mean, they start infront and then suddenly appear behind you, it takes a lot of skill but its do-able. The lines thing, ive already got a good idea how to do it... just gotta hope its code-able ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For that I'd either be thinking a sprite, or a bund of black particles emmitted with a motion blur effect added to them. Works for me.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, neither ^^ its a secret :x

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ace005 said:
Wouldn't it be cooler, if the afterimage that is left behind after a teleport would have the same effect like in the anime?Like, having all thoes lines "cutting thru"..I don't know how to explain it...
In esf, the afterimage is too simple.

Wouldn't it be cooler, if an enemy is at short distance in front of you, when teleporting, you could land behind him, facing his back, for a surprise hit/ Just like in the anime...

Wouldn't it be cooler, if the swoop would have a trail, not very long, a short one...It will look more authentic...

i swear i posted this exact post along time ago.. but the line thing i aggree with now that ive learned the game abit more and the swoop trail too

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There isn't a such thing of too much skill, If you think it requires too much skill then that probrobly means you don't know how to do it.

Best answers
teleswoop is easy... what i dont get is teleporting behind someone and kicking then whatfor.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's as easy as hell to tele swoop, I figured it out when 1.2 was released when I was a 1.2 newb, you just teleport inbetween the second tap of swooping.

Best answers
Well i personally always tap my keys so hard I almost break teh friggin keyboard, when doing the teleswoop...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom