swoop dodging

Best answers
well...I am kinda boored about the swoop in front of a beam and expload in joo....so here is what I would suggest
If joo swoop to a player and the player shoots a beam at joo and you are pretty close to the beam..and joo wanna dodge it then this thing would happend....Now this is what happends if joo win the struggle

if joo lose the struggle

and lets say...if u don't have that luck of dodging it instant...then u would do a "middle dodge win struggle"

this is just a secondary block.....and this should activate automaticly if joo swoop and the beam is heading to joo

Best answers
that is a great idea.. that it wont blow up the instant it hits u :D

and would be nice also to see the dmg it make when it hits u :p like in adv. melee ;)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
mmmm ... me likes the idea :)
not sure about gamebalance though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a great idea, it really is :D Blocking's better but swooping's more practical, so yeah, it's great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a nice idea in theory, but it would make higher powerlevels practically immune to beams.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like.
Pain said:
It's a nice idea in theory, but it would make higher powerlevels practically immune to beams.
how about a limiter for this? you can only have so high resistance, but the explosion is where the PL really determines damage increase/reduction(for those of you that say "then what would be the popint of powerlevel.").

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like it. Say someone is swooping at me headon, i'll be forced to dodge, I can't just throw a gen beam at him or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure you can, it'll still stop them by cutting their swoop, it'll still do them damage while keeping you safe.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is one of the better idears ive seen in a long time ^^ (the ones ive actualy read)

If i was the team id put it in but its true that the hight PLs would have an advantage

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Sure you can, it'll still stop them by cutting their swoop, it'll still do them damage while keeping you safe.
it stops the fight though. I'd rather hit them and have them freefall then have to wait through some sort of ps...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
it stops the fight though. I'd rather hit them and have them freefall then have to wait through some sort of ps...
how i would see it, weak beams wouldnt do that, if your saying you have to dodge but no time to charge a beam, do what you do now, step aside or tele.

And of course higher pl would have advantage, isnt that the point? but the limitor would only give them so much advantage/disadvantage, so you can still depend on your Ki managment over your opponent to win it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm.... interesting idea , i'm tempted to see this , you must of got this idea from when gohan was fighting buu , about to strike at him then gohan got blasted by buu with the attack that knocked gohan out in the forest

Best answers
Pain said:
Depends when you fire the beam , and if you've been swooping your probably low on Ki anyway.

But seriously... in what battle DIDN'T this happen:

Hero: GENERIC LARGE BEAM/BALL ATTACK!
Villan: OH NOES!!!!!
*Large Explosion*
Generic Random Weakling: HE WONZORD!
Villan: MUAHAHAH! I IZ TEH LIVEING!
Hero: NOOOOOOOOES! NOT POSSIBLE!

Seriously, I'd like the idea.

However what I don't like In ESF is when you melee someone (Advanced) with a beam , your suddenly immune to your attack explodeing in your face...
Could make it a bit more true to the show and say that (Depending on the attack) It damages both people for 70% of it's damage...
Otherwise NO ONE will be able to use beam effectivly in a fight...
Don't talk to me about beam spammers... Beam spam back...
You know you can...
And chances are if there a beam spammer , there n00by and you can spam better... So do so :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what about that battle with frieza where goku blasted him with a khh but frieza blocked it with an aura then he kept on trying to fly towards goku, then he eventually just flew out of the beam forcing the beam to keep going and goku to be helpless then hits him if that was implemented would it be to unbalanced?

Best answers
I actually like the pictures more than the idea. The idea of that, is much different because they are 2d gif's. In reality, (in the game) the beams would have to be dead center on your body. Because if you missed a person and you we're automatically pushed into a beam there would be to much OMFG I SO DODGED THAT!

ESF is a very fast paced game, so I don't think this idea would work as good as the pictures did.

Best answers
Draylock1 said:
I actually like the pictures more than the idea. The idea of that, is much different because they are 2d gif's. In reality, (in the game) the beams would have to be dead center on your body. Because if you missed a person and you we're automatically pushed into a beam there would be to much OMFG I SO DODGED THAT!

ESF is a very fast paced game, so I don't think this idea would work as good as the pictures did.
Hit boxes?

The whole idea is that you use the current detonation hitboxes for the blockstruggle Idea...

Best answers
This is a........GREAT IDEA!!!! 100/100!!! The best idea I heard so far.

This will prevent the beam from killing yourself by people swooping at you and also give the person a chance to prove that he is stronger than you.

Best answers
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: PUT IT IN :yes: :yes: :yes: Well i love the idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom