switching between attacks [- READ! -]

Best answers
how about make the mouse buttons just for melee, and instead of switching betwen attacks with numbers, the numbers will be the attacks themselves!! like .. in dmz they have combos (no attack switching) so in esf it would be cool if u just press "4" and u begin charging a kamehameha right away, and "1" can be a special melee / finishing attack (i.e. trunks' sowrd/ goku's dragonfist .. and so on)

also the secondary attacks will have thier own numbers .. so this will ensure that no one gets more than 9 attacks (besides the sensu bean) or make the bean an item instead of an attack. and there should be a time to eat the bean, like 2 seconds, so that ppl can't eat a bean while in a fight! and if they are meleed while eating the bean they lose the bean and they don't get any health! because in DBZ they can't just eat a bean while they are fighting!

so an example .. for goku:
1 dragonfist
2 ki beams
3 rapid beams (the secondary for beams)
4 generic ki beam
5 kamehameha
6 spirit bomb
7 solar flare

so .. lets say ur goku and u want to shoot a kamehameha. go press number five, hold it for a while to charge some ki into the attack. release the button to release the atack. press 5 again to explode the attack (secondary function while the attack is being controlled)

when ur in a PS and u want to charge more ki into the attack then that works like usual (left click / primery fire)

ok .. u might say (why?! it's fine the way it is now!)
well .. it's easier to switch between attacks this way (well .. it's not switching anymore ..)
also in HL they use switching because they assume u are carrying more than one gun and u need to switch between them .. while in dbz u don't "switch" between the attacks! u just feel u need to use an attack so u just start charging it (it's like an action they do .. imagine in HL u have to switch between : walking, jumping(hopping), running, swimming so u press "1" to walk .. if u want to jump u first press 2 then u use the arrow and u start jumping around the place! then press 1 again to continue walking! .. u get what i mean?

another reason is that u don't need to worry about what attack ur switched on!! it sometimes happenes that i want to melee someone who is near to me (by right clicking!) .. but i can't !! then i find out that the current attack is not melee !!! :\

.. eh .. long thread on somethingthat doesn't deserve that much ;/ ;D :fight:

so .. what do u think?!

Best answers
nar i like most of the buttons in a game to be packed in one area. if u make a attack number like say 9. u would have to use your hand that u move around with to press it. and then while u charging the attack u wont be able 2 move. its good as it is. and mouse is just for melee when u have melee selected =\

Best answers
well u wil need to use the sensu bean u have to click 9 anyway ...

Best answers
Neh
It is a good idea but it won't work.
Because you have to press the 4 at the top of your keyboard and hold it so your hands cover the whole keyboard. Yeah ok you could bind them but where do you want 5000 keys binded??

Best answers
this idea might be good for someone that uses keyboard only and has two hands on the keyboard... or for someone that uses the keys directly below the number keys.

i use my left hand with the mouse (for aiming, primary fire and jump) and my right hand is on the number pad for movement (4,5,6 and 8) selecting weapons (7 and 9) turbo (1) recharge ki (3) flying (kp_plus), secondary fire (right arrow) etc. etc.

So this idea would be extremely bad for me. If i wanted to do kameha i would either have to take my hand off the number pad (can't move, turbo, power up, fly etc.) or off the mouse (can't aim, jump, primary fire) all of which is a bad case scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom