Supreme Commander

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You only lose with the death of your commander (ie. you) in campaign and assassination mode, which is the default for the ranked games. You can play supremacy or annihilation which have other win objectives, but then the commander usually just gets used by the losing player as a nuke to blow up your base. Commander + T2 transport + your base = crater. Yeah, it's an issue.

You need to upgrade your factories to build t2 and t3 engineers. Unless you upgrade him, your commander will only be able to build a selection of the t1 buildings. The upgrade allows him to build better **** faster, but again, expensive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh ok. i thought it was manditory.

whats supremacy? i assume assassination is kill the commander. is supremacy more like a conquest thing where you have to kill everything?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think supremacy is commander and factories. I'm not sure as I don't play it often. As I said, people just use their commander as a nuke.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Random fact of the day: Supreme Commander can be run without installing / from the DVD, with only save files and user profiles kept on your computer. kind of cool I guess if you want to play it at someone elses house

According to http://www.fragland.net/previews.php?id=157 anyway

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So the game's out then? Man I need a wakeup call with these release dates...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, it's coming out February 20th. The betas been out for a few months now though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blah. I didn't get in on it in time and can't get in now. The wait is killing me!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SupCom screens for the hell of it. I turned cranked the graphics and turned off the UI. I can't wait to see what this game will be like with DX10.

A tactical missile base... smexy.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch, something thats been bugging me for the longest time.. How do you change the camera angle man? I know how to retate the camera, but thats about it. In the older version, you had to hold alt I think, but that doesn't work anymore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try holding down the mouse wheel (if you have one) and moving the mouse around

i dont have the game, but thats sort of common in games like this

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They changed it to spacebar. Also, alt(or ctrl, I'm not sure)-v will turn on cam_free, so that the view stays where you put it. Just press v to get it upright again. Also, you'll need to turn off cam_free to get the strategic icons back again.

Best answers
i wish they woulda kept the cartoony look they had in the beginning. =(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, I am impressed with this demo. Considering the leisurely hour and a half it took me to do the Cybran portion of the demo, there's more play here than you usually see.

Sadly the AI thinks like a rock. All you have to do is build some AA and your base is untouchable.

Edit: Scratch that, it has been brought to my attention that only Cybran are included in the demo. I just happened to pick them last night, so I assumed the other two were available too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno. I was pretty underwhelmed, honestly.

I'm an RTS traditionalist, so when games try to break molds that I'm used to I have a hard time adapting.

Plus I'm a little offended that it doesn't run well on my beastly computer, too. :0(

Best answers
Ran decently on my computer. What do you have in that beastly computer, Pride?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you got all the patches, there was some memory leak i read about a while back that was fixed in a patch.

what the hell that video was like devoid of action, i was like omfg independence day... then it just like fell down and there was no big ray of dstruction

sure music was epic and it slowed the games pace to like 1/100th but come on!

they need to port this over to the 360 or something :$

Best answers
got the demo, ran just fine on my AMD64 3500+ with 1GB of ram, and an ATI x800PRO. Decent frame rates and it looked good on mix of high/medium settings.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a Dual Core, both cores 2ghz, 2gb of ram and a 7800GT 256mb and I can run this game at max settings at 1280x1024. Looks beautiful. Not too good at the game yet though, I was just playing, trying to find out what every building does, and suddenly the AI came with this massive army, destroying my base :s

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game would be garbage on the 360.

RTS games and consoles don't play well together

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom