Supreme Commander

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is coming out pretty soon. There should be a single player demo coming out within the next week or two. Any of you guys planning on picking this game up or already playing the beta?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would buy it if i could afford a 2000 dollar computer to play it on.

but god damn this game looks sick, I guess i'll have to stick with total annihilation mods.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh. My computer can run it now that I have my new one. Only ran my 600 bucks.

I'm eagerly awaiting the demo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think you can download the beta.

but hell it comes out feb 20th.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The beta is crap, I tried it out and all I got was a landscape, divided in a zillion triangles o_O

I'll await the demo, when the game is a bit more polished then it was back when I tried out the beta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is one of the reasons I got myself an uber sweet gaming rig.

Definitely going to get this one. o/

Best answers
eh JP, i dont think you did somthing right, or your comp cant run it, cause in the gamereplays that i've seen, everything is smooth and looks pretty great. erm maybe?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm running a P4 with a 9800, and I can run this game. Not well, as my CPU is really bottlenecked, but it runs. I think I'm something like 164th on the beta ladder, but the ladder still isn't used when matching players. Often you'll fight people who clearly don't know what they're doing, and are quite surprised when you descend on their base with 50 bots while they still only have a single factory and a couple pgens.

For a couple weeks there the tech1 bots were majorly imba. They were accurate while moving, and could dodge pretty much anything just by you microing your forces. GPG cut their health in half, and now it's all good again.

If you're buying a rig for this game (as I am) get a good CPU. DX10 is great and all, but CPU is much more important in this game. When you have 200 units blasting away at each other, and another 200 on the way, things can get a little choppy without that second core. I'll buy it, but I don't think I will truly be able to play it to it's fullest until I'm running a beefier rig.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My new rig will sport an Intel Dual Core 2 processor. I'm no expert on processors, but that baby'll run SC just fine, won't it?

Best answers
Supreme Commander is multithreaded, so yea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and get alot of ram

i thought 2 gigs was alot, but i guess you hardcore heads push it up to 4 gigs?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my bad. i thought i heard some1 ranting about their 4 gigs of ram.

and on this laptop i have like 128mb.

and on my desktop i had 256mb.

Best answers
hehe, i also have 256, and it's SDR...arg my computer now is complete rubbish, i heard about this game first 2 years ago, in pcgamer, and it said it was a year away, 2 years later.... hello.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
apparently it went gold today and it's coming out the 20th of February... 30 days of production seems like a bit much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol...

remember how long it took to get world of warcraft out...

i remember seeing GAMEPLAY videos in the original warcraft 3 bonus trailers

edit (and in those gameplay videos was all the content that should of been in the release, thats just now being added with the expansion... like arena events)

in like... 2000

and then its like....coming in summer2001.... WORLD OF WARCRAFT

only took em like 4 years, but its cool, its a great game. supreme commander will rock.

dirty you should get a c opy of total annihilation and download some mods for it. adn be ghetto like me.

Best answers
eh, i used to have it, i dunno why, but i just didnt like the game mechanics...but i was young, i did however love TA:kingdoms...which is like total annalition...in medievil times... but when we got TA, i was diggin it to much, maybe cause my bro owned me to much. Eh, even though supreme commander is based of TA, i know it's going to be better 10 fold.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God I can't wait for this. Commander games like this are my weakness. I suck so much at them but I love them so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom