Suggestions for ESF 1.3, plz read

Best answers
Well I have few suggestions.

1. Is it possible to make the characters look like battle damaged when they have low hp...
2. Is it possible to make the characters look tired when their stamina is low...

And I made this, because people said to me to do it. So i copyed the whole text in here, anyways that's not the point.:laff:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The Open Beta forums isn't just for Misc. suggestions of 1.3, moved, please wait until the actual open beta comes out.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theyre both possible, but its a ton of extra skinning. Theyre are going to be alot of models in 1.3, and animating/skinning them (for "battle damage") would take a little while. But who knows what the future may hold. Battle damage wont make it into 1.3 though.

Best answers
I'm with suggestion 1), but not so with suggestion 2). You don't really have to make them look tired while your fighting. I mean stuff it, your fighting. Though a change of cloths would look good when they're low on HP.

But to do that, we'll need to code it so their cloths change and make new models for most chars. I dunno about Cell, Buu, Frieza, maybe you can just add blood marks or those dirt stains. But with the rest you can add cloths strips and so on.

So Suggestion one gets a yes.
Suggestion two gets a ...umm its not a definite no, but Im not keen on it.

-GuZzie

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can just ask the team to make the normal form no DMG the SSJ form a little dmg the SSJ2 form more dmg and the SSJ 3 the bigest dmg and voila you got battle dmg

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OKi you have Goku Goku has 3 trans
normal 100% no character dmg
SSJ 75% character a little bit dmg
SSJ2 50% character dmg big
SSJ3 25% character dmg the bigest
so evry time you transform the character will look dmg and if you fight your caracter will look like it's dmg from the battle
the % it's how much the character it's dmg

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OKi you have Goku Goku has 3 trans
normal 100% no character dmg
SSJ 75% character a little bit dmg
SSJ2 50% character dmg big
SSJ3 25% character dmg the bigest
so evry time you transform the character will look dmg and if you fight your caracter will look like it's dmg from the battle
the % it's how much the character it's dmg
Cool that gives DT and the other 4 models per form. Lets see.

We have 9 characters * 2 (1transformation) * 4 (battle damage) = 72 models

And thats just what the 1.2.3 version would have. The 1.3 version has 11 characters and more than 1 transformation per character. And thats way over 100 models than. Just for Goku you'd need 16 different models.

Than fill in the other models.

Best answers
Omfg, Grega..EXACTLY. John, these people have lives too you know. >_< I think if you guys seperated the neck from the head--> hair, it would make life easier in that situation.

-GuZzie

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no you did not understand me 1 model normal made ,ssj model whit 25% dmg on the model the ,ssj2 model whit 50% dmg on the model and the ssj3 model whit 75% dmg on the model , it's like the normal models but the higher your transfomartion it's the biger the dmg to the model but still I like the normal no dmg this could be done whit custom models

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, your first suggestion would require a lot of modelling, so I'm not for it. But as for the second one, I think it's a good idea, just requires some extra animations on the already existing models. Good idea.

EDIT: I think John meant that with each trans, the character looks more damaged. So, when he's in normal form, he doesn't look damaged, when he's in SSJ, he looks 25% damaged, when he's in SSJ2, he looks 50% damaged, when he's in SSJ3, he looks 75% damaged. But I'm not so keen on it, then it would look like your transformations hurt you, and that's not good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if making the models and animations are the issues, one solution might be to leave it to the community.
If the functionality and possibility is there (perhaps instead of the actual damage models, you just have dummies, or copies of the undamaged "normal" characters), then us modelers wouldn't have a problem creating the battle-damaged assets for the community in models packs.

Naturally that still leaves alot of burden on the coders, but if that's something that their willing to handle I'm pretty sure most of us would be able to as well.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All i say is custom model support.

Remember you can add custom models and choose them from a sublist.

Than you can play with any battle damage you like.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
how about a NEW spectator mode

I posted this SO long ago people completely forgot about this..

The current spec mode is ment for Cs and halflife games.. you know shooting games.. THIS ISN"T a MOD SIMILAR to those mods..

so it should have a UNique spectating features ^^.

Here are some ideas

1) First Person Mode: shows what the Players screen looks like "INCLUDING HP/ Weapon selected"
2)Free Roam: Perfect the way it is
3) Cinematic Spec mode: THis is how it could work. Imagine Player A and PLayer B are fighting. now Imagine an Imaginary Line connecting to both Players. the lines doesn't curve it stays straight. Now take the midpoint and use it as a lockon point for a camera that moves around the players as they fight. The camera also zooms in and out depending on the length of the imaginary line

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good idea Jinx, but why post it in this thread when it has nothing to do with the previous suggestion?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All i say is custom model support.

Remember you can add custom models and choose them from a sublist.

Than you can play with any battle damage you like.
I know, and that's a very good and simple way to play with battle damaged models, and its likely going to be the only way its happening.
I'm just saying that if it can be altered to allow for custom models to be swapped whence certain conditions are met, like health reaching a certain level, then even if the team doesn't make the actual models for a release, there's still a lot of people who'd be willing to at least try.
(assuming, once again, that the heavy model load is what's keeping this feature from being implemented)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know, and that's a very good and simple way to play with battle damaged models, and its likely going to be the only way its happening.
I'm just saying that if it can be altered to allow for custom models to be swapped whence certain conditions are met, like health reaching a certain level, then even if the team doesn't make the actual models for a release, there's still a lot of people who'd be willing to at least try.
(assuming, once again, that the heavy model load is what's keeping this feature from being implemented)

If thats altered by the code than its the same as if you'd have battle damaged models normally next to the normal models without the need to rely on custom models. Since the code tells the game to change the model anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom