Suggestions for a major revamp

Best answers
Ideas for future development of ESF.

Revert back to 1.0 - i know will take alot of work but read on.

Every character must be balanced so, every character gets 2 unique moves, ie goku gets kame and sb, picollo gets sbc and maesenko.

Each character should gain a move at their transformation and loose one. Each character should then only have two special moves.

Every character has the ki blast (which is now right click) and have it left click. They will also gain a personalized ki attack. ie goku gets a ki blast attack and right click will be a charge up ki shot, vegeta will have a ki blast attack and right click will be rezoku. Ideas could be developed for buu's ball attack etc.
- The one loop of this is picollo, he should have scatterbeam instead of kiblast.

Sounds should be reverted to 1.0 also.

When you press turbo, not only should the character gain the aura but they should get the pulsar that occurs when gohan finishes ssj. This would mean people dont mistake it for swooping - it does happen.
- i understand that if people pressed t rapidly this would break the server/ lag it up so there should be an amout of time between your next one, you can still go turbo but you dont get the pulsar. When i mean amount of time i mean like spraying your tag in cs. you cant keep doing it as that would be stupid.

Melee.

Keep the 1.0 melee (unchanged). If people desperately want punches in then perhaps an uppercut, but in 1.1 it hard to tell wether you have hit some1.
Headons.
Should result in an elbow clash (elbow to elbow) which pushes people away, just a bit to close for people to swoop again, and to close for people to teleport and get an kick, this would force a momentary disengagement.
This means that people wouldnt just keep going for headons.

- Put picollo and trunks speed upto 280 otherwise the characters are useless in the long run, also lower cells speed to 285 so the difference is not really that much, keep buu's however.

Ideas for amination changes and technical.

Backflips - make it so jumping backwards does one quick smooth backflip, exept for trunks, give him three.

Gallit gun - the strange aura should either go or build up over time. otherwise its hard to aim.

SBC - should be charged up by picollo at his fingers which would be on his right hand, on a line from his ear roughly 3/4 of a foot away. and then fired from his finger the way he points. This should also be faster.

Picollo - before he transforms have a cape and turban, when he does transform he takes it off and gets a bit bigger, not hugely but noticably. He should loose maesenko and gain his most powerful move, masekeon (definately wrong spelling) which should be a ball attack.

Freiza - his disc attack should be more controlable but he cant pull it back, also should be blockable. He should loose finger lazer to get deathball.

Krillin - gets destructo disk and kameha - looses kameha to gain scatter beam, make scatterbeam more effective. His pl transform should be less aswell.

Trunks - no sword, possibly as a finisher. Keep the backflip.

Gohan - give his model purple sweat bands - will make him look bigger.

Goku - let him replace sb with kame torpedos(they were a good idea), change the animations in the bottom left to 3 blue ballish things, appearing in turn, then they all shoot up one after the other and a small blast.

Lazers = made weaker. Expecpt candy ray is allright. Change a kill with candy ray to - *name* killed *name* with candy ray.

Kiblasts - single handed kiblast hen shot from the air with big players, ie vegeta and goku fire from one hand. When they land change it to two.

Scenary - add small points in the map which can be destroyed by beams or a player being smashed into it. Ie wooden boxes in Cs which make people happy for a good 0.5 of a second.
- may want to make them respawn, and dont add to many.

DO NOT ADD TRAILS TO ANYTHING EXEPT PERHAPS ONE MOVE LIKE REZOKU - players like the look of it and spam ki blasts, ok they arnt very powerful but consider the lag.

NEVER INCLUDE FUSIONS - they ruin the program, just like transformers armarda.

CLOSE ANY THREAD ASKING ABOUT REALEASE DATES - bad for moral

NO BEAM JUMPS, KEEP POWERUP THE SAME (1.0 style)

Best answers
OK, this request, had its peak before you said reverting back to 1.0 would be hard. First of all, in 1.2, If I am wrong correct me, melee will be able to be changed from Ki based, Ping based, or the new melee system.

I like the unique attack system, but then Gohan would have like 0 attacks. And Cell would have none.

The new ki ball system..... sound just pointless. I doubt charged up beam shots and charged ball would be very good addition.

Want the old sounds? Copy them from the 1.0 version and paste them in the 1.1 version.

Wow, like using turbo in melee now actually does anything. Wait, it never did anything. Hmm, it didn't lower your ping, and it didn't raise your ki. IT drained your KI at that, so it was worse.

If you think Piccolo is worthless, you don't know how to use Piccolo. Especially with multi PSing implimented. It lets you double up SBCs, which ARE useful for beam combat. Trunks is good for melee if your quick with your hands. Quickly do a burning attack to blind them and beat them to a pulp with melee.

Wow, pointless animations. Let me explain to you why they didn't add much detail to most of these.
Code:
 Trunks: Double tuck backflip (A tuck if when you ball youself up.)
Vegeta Gallit Gun: Go into first person.
Piccolos SBC: Wow, another pointless suggestion. If your ever that close to any fighter, you should be dead in a matter of seconds. And increasing the speed ofthe SBC would give it lots of power.
Piccolo: OK, what if you decide to descend? The turban and cap come out of nowhere? And this Masekeon, I have never heard of this.
Freiza: Hmm, take away Freizas little power. Oh no, finger lasers and an instant kill attack that moves at an easily dodged speed is to much, so we should be able to block it.
Krillin: So he loses his only PSing attack and gains....scatter beam? Not to mention you want him to be able to get faster really quick. Did you notice he only has to transform ONCE?
Trunks: Wow, so Trunks will suck at everything. Keep the backflip? Wow, yes, you know that big killer of servers, Trunks BACKFLIP!
Gohan: He never had purple sweat bands
Goku: He can't use the SB as Super Sayian anyways. And he used the Kame torpedoes when he wasn't a Super Saiyan.
Lasers: OK, so reomve Piccolo and Freizas advantage at melee.
Kiblasts: This would be so pointless, its ridiculus
Scenary: No. Just no.
Trails making lag? What are you, using a VooDoo 2 or something? Intel Graphics controller? Those little trails do not cause THAT much lag, unless your playing on some wierd server where they found a way to launch 50000 ki blasts at the same time that go along a rally that continues, much like a circuit in racing. But that doesn't exist.

Close any thread asking about release dates huh? Well, they sure as hell don't do that right now. Wait, they do.

Why remove beam jumps?

Best answers
i didn't say picollo was worthless, i use him alot, i am good with him. You are twisting my words. Im melee his transformed speed is 250 as opposed to 280 which is quite a difference. This means in the long run he will never be as good as goku can be. Whereas in the game this should be changed.

Gohan could have shield and masenko, he could drop maesnko to kameha. There are also other moves in the programs that can be used for him.

I didnt say anything about cell, he could have all the moves because thats whats unique about him.

The unique ki attacks would be amazing, it would not only add variation to the character but implement new fighting styles, you twist what i say again and your opinion counts for nothing.

-Fair enough about the old sounds

i didnt metion that there should be multiple power struggling
taken away. i said the mod should be rebased on 1.0 with additions added.

Turbo raises your ki and makes you do more damage, makes blasts better. You must be a terrible player if you did not understand this.

Trails make lag, voodoo 3, my pc aint got nothing to do with it m8, it lags the SERVER when people shoot to much

on reflection i feel however you are right about beam jumps, keep them, i just dont see the pomt of them.

BTW - suggestions are for the new melee system in 1.2, consider yourself corrected

=I didnt say anything to do with close range sbc, and i am not really willing to go into 1st person to fire a beam, be reasonalble, you dont know what you're talking about. The look of the car you drive effects your driving, when i fight with goku i fight more honarably than when i do with freiza, therefore backflips are not pointles. Krilling rarely wins ps anyway, you dont really aim for them when you are him.=

Best answers
- Put picollo and trunks speed upto 280 otherwise the characters are useless in the long run, also lower cells speed to 285 so the difference is not really that much, keep buu's however.
In case you didn't see it

Yes, and every character having two unique moves, some wouldn't have many moves (EG: Gohan, All he has is the shield that is unique.)

I would guess, but it depends on what the attack actually does

I under stand the turbo thing, its just if you lose so much KI, with the new system, you cannot really win a melee fight.

I have a voodoo 3, and I experience no lag

Beam jumps are very useful. I have escaped spirit bombs alot with it.

Sorry, I never get into my "character", so that is oblivious to me.

Best answers
i think again you misunderstand about the unique attack.

Each character would have 2 main attacks. One would be replaced at transformation. IE. Gohan could start with shield attack and measeko (which he does) and he would loose meoasko to gain kameha which is overall a more powerful move.

The unique attack would be in their ki attacks. Each character would have left click, firing the right click at the moment. And right click would be replaced by a unqiue attack, for example vegeta and trunks could have kiblast ans rezoku. whereas gohan and goku could have a charge up big ki blast.
- picollo the only exeption uses scatter shot.
buu could have ideas developed for a ball attack he uses, and i havent really thought about what for freiza.

This would make the moves in the game much neater and tidier. atm goku has 4 unquie attacks that where trunks has one. This is balanced by his early transformation but its debatable how well balanced.

Best answers
Well you said each character gets two moves, yet Gohan couldn't have two moves, because he only gets Shield, Masenko, and Kame.

Best answers
i will say this once more, just once.

gohan starts with maesnko and sheild attack
when he goes ssj
he gets Sheild attack and kameha

here is a graph to show you

Sheild attack / maseko / kameha

before ssj yes / yes / no

after ssj yes / no / yes

Do you now understand?

Orz

Best answers
Trails DO make lag, and it's all dependent on your Half-Life settings, drivers and video card. A high-end computer might suffer noticeable trail lag while a mid-range one will suffer less. This varies from PC to PC, and it's simply a problem with the way Half-Life produces the trails.

Remember, Half-Life was DESIGNED for a Voodoo card. If you're using MiniGL and you have a Voodoo 3, you're going to get optimal Half-Life performance. Somebody with a GeForce 2, even one faster than a Voodoo 3, usually has less Half-Life performance. Trails will have more of an impact on those systems.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KRILLIN LOSE KAMEHAMEHA AND THEN GAIN SCATTERSHOT??!!
MAN, ONLY 2 OF THE 10 PPL USE SCATTERSHOT, AND ALL THE OTHER IDEAS ARE STUPID AS WELL!!!

BAD IDEA!!!!!

Best answers
im not talking about computer lag, my computer is fine runs perfectly, im talking about when all the pings in the server raise by 100 or so.

Please do not spam and i meant krillin looses scattershot to gain kameha

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the one idea that i did like (and probably the only one :p) was the the head on elbow thingy.

Orz

Best answers
(edit: made my reply more topical)

Trails would be produced client side, not server side, so shouldn't create ping. Just a FPS reduction if the system conditions are 'right'.

Best answers
must just be my pc then, trails should be left in the, fair enough.

but does no one else think that moves should be more personalised. i mean yeah everyone needs generic beam but people need different ki blast attacks - even in the program its different. Vegeta tends to pump people full of ki blasts (ie cell, and he attempts to do it to gohan) Whereas goku charges up one big ki blast (ie against janemba). Everyone would still get the ki blast that is right click at the moment - its really needed, but the left click one is debatebly useless.
This is why i feel it should be made into a pesonalized move

Best answers
personally i think they definitely need to revamp melee do to is being the backbone of dbz, and the traisl things ive never had a problem with it lagging my comp (ie p4, 128mb asylum fx , 1 gig ram) but ive seen it kill my brothers comp (ie p3 64mb geoforce 4, 512 mb ram) and like it was said its all a matter of you hls config. I agree that more moves are needed, but only 2 moves i mean come on, that makes the game docile, That would make battles boring. Also i agree they need to make the moves more personalized to the chars, if they add more chars great, than you can leave some moves more generic amongst the chars, but as is i dont see and more chars any time in the near future so i do think they should personalize the moves to the chars a little more.
That and they need to increase the speed a little bit as of currently you can run faster than you can fly. espescially while usign turbo. Which i think you should be able to transform while using it, because thats how they pump it up in the series.

Next i can't stand people constantly asking for breakables, the hl engine just cant handle it, maybe if they were making a mod for red faction we could see some real breakables, but they aren't, so people just stop asking.

Next fix buu for gods sake, he has to be the most useless character for short matches, hes slow, even though he starts with such a high powerlevel he only has one real power move ie mouthblast, candy ray is useless against teleport melee. I mean his transformation power leve is just to high, same with krillin. I mean geez krillin is my favorite but he is weaker than both trunks and gohan bad both of them can transform before him.

Best answers
hl engine can have breakables. crates in cs is a good example, walls in dod is another, but as it has been stated in stikies they are not doing it, so it doesnt matter

Best answers
Ok, since this thread is practically pointless and i will probably not check back on it again, i figured why not add my 2 cents.

1. If you even THINK about saying to eliminate Gohan's Masenko to get kame when he transforms, either you are just that stupid or you have NEVER actually played with gohan. Yes, i agree, his Masenko is not the greatest attack ever before he transforms, but after, it can sometimes even put up a struggle for kame's. ALSO, you would be getting rid of the fastest charging attack that he has AT ALL to use. and i know someone's gonna say that shield attack charges quick, but.... it's only as strong as the beams that are shot INTO it. you don't know how often i have a shield up, and either someone tries to melee me, or they shoot a beam directly aside me and detonates it, thus killing me. all i say to the people that do that....... n00b.

2. with beam jumps, they are HIGHLY useful if you are in a teamplay server where one team just sits there and SB's the entire kami's lookout to gain PL.

Best answers
elemental dragon, i have done a shield attack thats taken the whole map only by taking in a kameha, the longer you hold right click (which makes you vunerable) the more powerful it gets.

Plus if you want to input read the whole arguemnt, we have already discussed beam jumps.

Best answers
Ok, Barry-White, do you even UNDERSTAND the concept of a map killer? yes, i know, you can get the light from the explosion to cover the entire map with only a Kame, but i've never seen a shield attack get stronger if you hold in the alt. fire button. i guess i'll have to try that and see (even though it's prolly a waste of time)

and with the beam jump bit, wasn't it you that said "NO BEAM JUMPS" in your first post? when i mentioned beam jumps, it was going back to that post. and in your second post you said to keep beam jumps, but you didn't see any point to them.

one more further thought. turbo increases strength of BEAMS, not melee. when you swoop in melee, you sorta automatically go into turbo as you swoop. from what i've noticed, turbo HARDLY, if at all effects melee attacks

Best answers
sorry about double post.

I just tried that with holding the alt. fire button to increase power (even though i don't know WHY i tried it) and it does NOTHING for the power that i could notice. might try it again later just for kicks, but still don't see it.

Best answers
Turbo effects melee loads, if you start the game and have buu vs gohan, each attack buu pulls off with do twice as much damage, this is due to his ki being twice as big. Trubo increases ki, it therefore helps melee. Swooping doesnt automatically put turbo on.

With gohans shield, if you use it, hold it for ages and get a beam in it it glows very bright, if you hold right click long enough the shield will disappear, at this point it is damn powerful.
Turbo helps aswell.

i'm sorry about the confusion due to beam jumps, i never really saw the beauty of them as it does take up quite a bit of ki, and i usually teleport. Having used it a little more it seems to make me feel like neo when he shoots the elevator pulley in the matrix (1). So overall beam jumps are good

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom