suggestion for powerstruggles

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seeing how the powerstruggle can be pumped, i think in order to make it seem powerful when you pump the ball going to it should be a bit slow, and when it hits the head of the struggle it would get bigger like an explosion then go back to it's regular ball size. more power going into it

Best answers
i think i remember seeing that in the series before,

right now PS is kind of a drag, just hold down the but butten.... yawn prehaps having a different system would be better like take yours and add another part to it, slight directional control, you can pull the beam to the side or up and down a slight big, if the opponent dosnt do the same then you can gain some distance as you pump another mass of ki in your beam(more so then if you did it normaly with out the pulling off to the side)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I know...

Has anyone ever played a singing game?

different buttons appear on the screen and if you time them perfect you sing really well... if you time thim OK you sing average...

and if you time them completely off you sing horribly..

Well what if you during a beamstruggle both players were giving a huge set of randomly organized arrows to press as they came across the screen?

If a player timed pressing the arrow correctly They would do well in holding off the beam they are facing...

If they did ok in timing the arrow they would do average in holding off the beam

and if they did poorly they'de loose a good amount of distance between the Beam's head and the player...

and. The longer the beam struggle the faster the arrows come

Force Pit Member
Best answers
..nah, the arrow thing isnt that great.

Read the design documents for the new PS.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
What about mashing the button repeatedly instead of holding it? that could be more entertaining too

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
I HATE having to mash buttons. I would rather remove my privates with a rusty spoon than have it as button mashing. I had assumed it was going to be something like that anyway imkongkong.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me thinks some people dont know that 1.3 is getting a totaly new Power Struggle system >.> The new system will make you do more than just hold muse 1 and hope to not run out of KI ^^

As for the idea. I like that. Beam goes wide and than back to simulate the KI pusshed into it ;p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea man, looks a bit too plain from what i've seen. nice ball traveling up, but doesnt have that look or effect of it getting powerful and struggling against the other side

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
imkongkong said:
yea man, looks a bit too plain from what i've seen. nice ball traveling up, but doesnt have that look or effect of it getting powerful and struggling against the other side
Really? Oh. Well in that case, go explosive.....uh....power....ization?......you saw nothing. >_> <_<

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Here is an idea!!

has anyone ever played Splinter Cell???

In the game.. in order to pick a lock you must slowly move the joystick in a ciercle as the character you play picks each level of the lock.... as u got closer to picking the first level of the lock the controller vibrated more and If you moved to fast you'de just go over the area insteadof picking it. when u picked it, it made a sound "click".

How this can be used for beam struggles

After engaging in a beam battle... Both players begin moving their mouse in a circular motion. As they closer to the general area to unlocking the next level of power, their player gradually lights up and a sound gets gradually gets louder.. When they get to the arrea that unlocks the power Their player pumps More engergy into the beam while letting out a warcry (HAAAA!!!)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysteryGool said:
Here is an idea!!

has anyone ever played Splinter Cell???

In the game.. in order to pick a lock you must slowly move the joystick in a ciercle as the character you play picks each level of the lock.... as u got closer to picking the first level of the lock the controller vibrated more and If you moved to fast you'de just go over the area insteadof picking it. when u picked it, it made a sound "click".

How this can be used for beam struggles

After engaging in a beam battle... Both players begin moving their mouse in a circular motion. As they closer to the general area to unlocking the next level of power, their player gradually lights up and a sound gets gradually gets louder.. When they get to the arrea that unlocks the power Their player pumps More engergy into the beam while letting out a warcry (HAAAA!!!)
Yer and than tehy sprout wings and pray to god for more power >.<

In any case i dont think you know what the team is planing to do with power struggles. Belive me. It owns your version. And itll give you a lot to do and to think about while actualy doing the PS.

And this idea was never intented to change the PS system itself. It was just ment as eyecandy so you see the power of the beam increase when you shoot of extra energy into the PS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom