Suggestion For Melee

Best answers
I got a suggestion for Melee...
Melee struggles.

It would work like this....
When 2 people target eachother and swoop at eachother... Instead of going past eachother like it usually does or one person juss being hit, it should be settled in a melee struggle...
Where the characters go all out with the fast flying punches and kicks that the show is known for.
It could work like.... Instead of just holding down the button like it is during power struggles..... You would click your right and left mouse buttons alternatively. The one who does this faster would be the victor of the struggle.... Power Levels and your remaining ki would also be put into consideration...

Well thats juss a suggestion that I would like to see implemented into the game...
Btw im new to the forums and this is my first post eheh =}

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
been suggested even before the beta was released

Best answers
So what was the wrong with the suggestion?
Was it just ignored? Or was there a problem in having it in the game? If so what was the problem?

V'

Best answers
I don't like the idea.It really seems to be a waste of code imho.Why would you want to struggle in melee? I think that if they did implant it, there would be much *****ing and moaning.I mean leats be serious, what would the animation be like for a melee struggle?Would it be goku with his feet out and vegeta with his feet out? What would happen if you beat someone higher then you? Lots of questions

Best answers
no,they would be trying to bash each other into pieces,which means :

Anims for MS = More work for model animators,more coding for coders and blablabla

And no,not lots of questions....

Higher PL = Victor : Obvious
Less ki = Loser : Run out of ki and youre a dead man.
Coding issues = Ask a coder : I dont know the answer to this one
Animating issues = Same as above
Sounds = They already have a sound for it,try hitting a person when hes knocked out on the ground or when you run out of ki.You hear punching sounds.

BTW,we both r pnoy(short for filipino,and we don't cheat.It's a myth.)

Best answers
see ep 148 around minute 17-18 there is an example of a melee struggle between trunks and cell.

and i think (and hope) they are gonna add melee sruggles to the game.

Best answers
The melee struggle wouldn't have to have fancy animations that would take forever to put in, they could have it just be a blur, or they just dissiapear and reapear when someone one and the loser would get meleed.(My thoughts would have a melee struggle only last 4 to 6 seconds. An example of this would bein the Vegetto fight theyed disapear and reapear with Veggetto hitting Buu. Also they sort of did this in the Cell Games when Cell and Goku fought.
And deciding it by pl is far better than having it decided by ping wich you can't controll. (Well even with cable your still not the fastest on a server)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!!

Oh hell no! Decided by PL? That's all fine and good if you're a heavy PL character, but somebody like frieza would never win. They can do that on the show, but in the game it would almost break melee. Maybe when more transformations get worked in and the playing field is a bit more level.

Best answers
Better PL than ping, if you ask me.

To balance it out, they could either throw the x1.5ers an advantage over x2 transformations (gain pl faster, for example) or give the all-powerful ssj transformations a disadvantage (such as eats up ki until you attain perfect level). I hope they're going to ammend the current melee ping problem in 1.1, regardless. I don't like to think that the only reason I'm wasting someone is because I'm closer to the server than he is.

Best answers
Oh yea I never even thought of the permenant transformation characters. Its still better than by ping. Ok how about a quick mini game like first to press a key 5 times or something. This needs refinning though because it would throw off the speed a little and thats the best part of esf.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well maybe like a *random* set of attack and alternate attack in a series to determine who has the faster reaction. Sounds like a pain to code though. I guess I'd say PL would be better than ping, but as things are it'll only make saiyans more powerful.

Best answers
Make it so that being an ssj burns up ki, like turbo does. That way, saiyans would be better fighters, but with less stamina. After all, in the show, they couldn't sustain it indefinately before Goku reached perfect level in the hyberbolic timechamber.

I really don't want it to come down to something that relies on luck or better equipment. Even clicking randomly wouldn't really solve that.

Alternatively, you could base it on the speed stat. The faster character gets the punch in first. That also creates problems, though - Piccolo and Trunks are always going to be at the recieving end.

I'm not sure there's a perfect solution, to be honest. Oh well.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A dice roll with a penalty against the player with the lower PL might work. It'd be based on luck, but the guy with the higher PL would come out on top most of the time; just not every time.

Maybe something like this: Two people of equal power colide, say PL 1,000,000. Automatic dice roll from 1/100. 1-50 means mr. Lefty wins, 51-100 means mr. Righty wins. If mr. Righty had 50% more PL, so that it was 1,000,000 to 1,500,000, it would be 25/75. 1-25 means Mr. Lefty wins, 26-100 means Mr. Righty. If Mr. Righty had double Mr. Lefty's power level, so that it was 1,000,000 to 2,000,000, he would win every time.

Yeah, it's a flawed system. If they made a better version of that I'd be happy.

Best answers
This game could use a physical combat system but on the other hand the game is almost to fast for it but its not always fun to just energy blasting or jusk kick them away continual

but it would be cool to use kick and punch and block combinations

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee struggles have already been planned. :cool:

I think it's mentioned in the beta outline.

Keep those suggestions coming though. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom