Suggest me some new animes!

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's that time again folks, I'm looking for some new animes to watch.

What I've already seen.

DB/Z/GT
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Naruto
Bleach
Tenjo Tenge
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic
...and I'm currently halfway through Great Teacher Onizuka (and loving it!)

I like my action animes and also a big fan of the comedies, the whole mecha thing I've not really ever gotten into and I prefer the more mature stuff

I've already decided I wanna watch Evangelion, but what else is good these days? Old or new, I'd love some good advice.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Berserk
Basilisk
Hellsing
Devil May Cry
Ghost in the shell

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hellsing Ultimate (the original series pales in comparison, I'm embarrassed for having ever watched the original series and liking it)
Rurouni Kenshin
.hack//sign

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GetBackers
King of bandit Jing
The law of Ueki
Coyote ragtime show
Mars Daybreak
.hack//Roots

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Elven Lied, maybe? Haven't seen a lot of animes myself so yeah.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New stuff:

Mushi-Shi: A refreshing eastern (as opposed to pseudo-western) anime focusing on a traveler named Ginko who specializes in treating afflictions caused by Mushi--small, usually invisible organisms unique to each area that normally keep to themselves.

Code Geass: An alternate universe where America didn't form, and Britain (Brittania) basically took over the world, including Japan. Forcing the Japanese to relinquish their national identity, they rename the country Area 11 and force the Japanese to call themselves "elevens." One of the princes of Brittania's mother is murdered and he feels the King did nothing, or might have even caused it. So he swears to destroy Brittania, and through his military genius, manipulates the Elevens/Japanese into fighting his war. Mecha that doesn't focus on the mechs. Excellent series.

Claymore: Similar to Berserk, a "dark fantasy" in which demons roam the Earth, taking the form of humans, and eventually eating them. When a city is attacked by the yoma/demons, if they have enough money, they call upon a certain organization that sends a Claymore--a female warrior in shining armor with an enormous claymore to dispatch the demon. The story focuses on one such Claymore, Clare, and a boy she saved. Excellent series, until the end which derivates from the manga.

Le Chevalier d'Eon: An alternate history about the numerous rebellions, plots of treason in pre-industrial France. An entertaining, beautiful anime that is rather convoluted at the end but is a nice ride overall.

Older stuff:

Last Exile: One of my favorite animes, period. This story is about two warring nations, battling over territory in an unhospitable world without much clean water or farmable land. Their efforts are normally regulated by a neutral third party, but due to the deteriorating status of one of the countries, they make a deal with the third party to break the rules of war and gain an unfair advantage. The story focues on two neutral mail delivery workers and how they get caught up in the war after delivering a message to the flagship of the fleet attacked unfairly by the desperate-other-power.

Hunter x Hunter: A story about a boy living with his aunt, thinking his parents had died when he was born--who discovers his father isn't dead afterall, and sets out on an adventure to find his father, join the ranks of his father's colleagues as a Hunter--a very diverse profession that grants one superior status to almost any other, allows access to areas banned to many, and numerous other perks. This story starts off slowly, but really takes off after it starts focusing on another character's story of revenge.

Hellsing: A story of an insanely powerful vampire working for an organization that hunts vampires--he does so for his own purposes. Don't want to spoil any more than that.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
trigun and gungrave are pretty good,

trigun has a little comedy, and seriousness as well

gungrave is all business, im not even sure if there is a single happy moment in the entire anime, but its still great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Berserk.

Hunter x Hunter

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you should give Gundam 00 a chance... the storyline really grabs you.

Best answers
Seconded Synth, I'm loving the series so far, and im not much of a mecha fan

Darker than Black is another good one I've seen recently

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Big O. Awesome and confusing!

Try Bobobo-Bo-bobobo. Hilarious and makes fun of every other anime.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seriously suggest Claymore, awesome anime, about 25 episodes long. And one awesome action-women-orientated anime.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you like action and comedy and a series with a totally epic run then look no further then Hibiki's sig

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Yes I know your not a huge mecha fan but these mechs aren't like most mechs, their over the top kick reality to the curb and punch through time itself!
For my drill will be the one to pierce the heavens!!!

Also Gundam 00 is good so far but I cannot see it passing Zeta Gundam in epicness and greatness. Also Gundam 00 will have 2 seasons both seasons will have 25 episodes so 50 episodes total and the second season will begin sometime around October 2008.

Also non mecha anime I would suggest Air Gear for its comedy, action and your hot anime babes lol.
Also I want some Air Treks!!!(You will understand if you watch)

Also theres one anime series I'm looking forward too and thats the new Persona series thats suppose to be coming out soon. Hopefully a good subbing group makes some subs for it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well i'd sugest Blue Gender , its a lil old but its prety cool,again Trigun it has abbout 25 episodes shouldnt take to long to view ;), and again Hellsing has 13 captivateing eipisodes (i dont think anyone seen in the last episode when incognito asks alucard who is he and right after that a thunder lights half of his face ,who he resembles XD and again right after that he dos another thing to incognito that points to the same thing XD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom