Stupid Question thats been on my mind

Best answers
On EVM final form freiza looks more like cooler:( was a big letdown. i was hopin to b all white and stuff but ur purple with a little white(cooler's colours)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Alright, listen to this pal.

frsrblch said:
Eat your words. Selfish? You have the nerve to call the ESF team selfish after all the long hours they have put into ESF?

Long hours? Pardon me, but why the hell do you think it takes so long for each release? Because they only work on the mod like 1 day per week. Believe me, if they were putting "Long hours" into the mod, we'd probably be up to version 1.6 by now.

ESF is time away from their lives and families, not a damn vacation (although the two can seem similar at times).

Read the above.

Here you are, getting a great game for free and you spit back at the creators.

Spit back? I'm not spitting anything pal. I'm simply stating my opinion in a free country. If you dont like it, I believe you can go to Israel.

but what it comes down to is its their way or the highway.

Wow, its as if you knew what I was getting at.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for christ sake , just be greatful that the game exists. Never have i seen such disrepect for it

Good things come to those who waits , and i have a feeling that 1.3 will turn out to be something worth waiting for when it's ready for public release

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ3 Gokou said:
Long hours? Pardon me, but why the hell do you think it takes so long for each release? Because they only work on the mod like 1 day per week. Believe me, if they were putting "Long hours" into the mod, we'd probably be up to version 1.6 by now.
Yes, you're right. Development time is all a lie. Any gaming company that has long development time, they're just being lazy. Why, if they really worked on it, it would only take them a week at most! Hell, I bet Pcjoe has the finished game sitting on his desk right now and is just toying with all of us. The beta-testing? It's a sham. We just say were working out bugs, but everybody knows the game's done!

Seriously though, I would love to see you make a better mod, because you obviously know so much about development and everything that goes on behind the scenes. Don't forget to win at least three awards and be in the top ten mod list. Good luck buddy.

SSJ3 Gokou said:
Spit back? I'm not spitting anything pal. I'm simply stating my opinion in a free country. If you dont like it, I believe you can go to Israel.
You're actually stating your opinion on a public forum, owned by Greg (at least I think Greg owns it). What does Israel have to do with anything?

Also, if you have such a big problem with ESF, if it's so unbelievably boring and bad, why are you still around. Why do you have an ESF clan? Why are you even on the forums? You're not being constructive, if that's what you're going to say. You're just saying, "Hey team, I want this and that or else you suck!"

It's ungrateful people like you, who think the world owes you something, that tend to make people not want to to continue working on their FREE mod. I know if I made something for someone out of the goodness of my own heart, and they said, "What do you mean it doesn't glow in the dark?" then proceeded to ***** and moan about how bad it is after that, I'm not going to want to do it again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for movies, as I said, no unique content. I want anyone here to name any movie character they think would be balanced. Include at least two unique attacks, real ones that were used, with names, and at least two transformations, and a reason why you think they would be balanced.

I bet you can't do it.
I'm going to disregard the 'two trans' seeing as Krillin and Tien only have one and will remain balanced. And then there's the Buddy system for Ginyu and #18.

Garlic Jr.
Forms:
Normal - Enhanced by the Makyo Star Form
OR
Buddied with Nikki, Ginger and Sansho (Movie 1)
OR
Buddied with Salt, Mustard, Cashew and Vinegar (Garlic Jr. Saga)
OR
Buddied with Nikki, Ginger and Sansho (Movie 1) all in their Enhanced Forms

Attacks:
Energy Nets (Garlic Jr, Salt, Mustard, Cashew and Vinegar) - A web of energy that traps an enemy and drains their energy until they're weak and weary.
Bottle (Garlic Jr.) - After being worn down in the net, the target is shrank down and put in the bottle, no escape until a teammate breaks the bottle. (could just be a kill in ESF)
Dead Zone (Garlic Jr.) - A swirling vortex with strong gravity. It sucks it's victims in, traps them and seals them away (kills in ESF).

Advantages:
Lots of buddies for melee would make him a tank character, Nikki, Ginger and Sansho have trans', Salt, Mustard, Cashew and Vinegar have the Energy Net attack. All three attacks are completely unique and would allow different tactics for this character.

Disadvantages:
Lack of attacks for buddies. Attacks might be hard to code.

Dr. Wheelo
Forms:
Normal (Brain in a Robo Suit)
OR
Buddied with Dr. Kochin (Cyborg), Misokatsu, Ebifurya and Kishimen

Attacks:
Freezing Ice Blast (Ebifurya) - A freezing blast that deals damage and freezes it's victim so they can't move or fight back.
Electric Wires (Kishimen) - Two electric ropes that whip at the target, when it hits it does serious damage, then wraps around them to continually shock.
Fat (Misokatsu) - He makes his body like a waterballoon, making him immune to melee (punches are just absorbed by the fat). While the victim is stuck in the fat, Misokatsu gets a free hit in.
Staff Energy Blast (Kochin) - A beam fired from Kochin's Staff that explodes on contact.
Chaingun (Kochin) - He takes off his arm (like S#17) to reveal a chaingun that peppers the target with hundreds of bullets a second.
Arm Blast (Wheelo) - Wheelo's hand retracts into a huge gun which fires a big energy blast.
Body Cannon (Wheelo) - A larger secondary cannon in Wheelo's chest that fires a huge beam of energy.
Energy Storm (Wheelo) - His ultimate attack, firing both arms and the Body Cannon all in unison causing three huge red beams to burst from his Robo Suit.

Advantages:
Lots of buddies, lots of attacks. Attack types are varied.

Disadvantages:
Not very well known?

Turles
Forms:
Normal - Normal after eating Fruit of Might (massively pumped up muscles)
OR
Buddied with Almond, Soybean, Raisen, Rakasei and Kakao

Attacks:
Fingerlaser (Turles) - Same as Frieza's.
Air Render (Almond) - Putting two fingers together then jabbing them forward, Almond creates a huge surge of wind energy that creates a huge crater for the Tree of Might to be planted in.
Artificial Moon (Turles) - Same as Vegeta's, a ball of light that causes Saiyans
with tails to transform into Oozaru's.
Flaming Halo (Turles) - Turles raises his hands as if creating a Spirit Bomb, but instead it's a small red circle of energy, he then spreads his arms apart and the circle gets bigger. He then lobs it with both arms. His most damaging attack.

Advantages:
Lots of buddies.

Disadvantages:
Lack of attacks, Oozaru probably won't be added to ESF due to engine restrictions. Lack of variation for Soybean, Raisen, Rakasei and Kakao.

Lord Slug
Forms:
Normal (old) - Normal (rejuvinated) - Super Namek
OR
Buddied with Angira, Metamatcha, Dorodabo and Zeeun

Attacks:
Telekinesis (Cooler): As Frieza's
Stretchy Limbs (Angira): Like Piccolo does, he can stretch his limbs for long range melee.
Metas (Metamatcha): Creates small copies of himself that act like Kame Torpedoes. When they hit, they latch onto their target and begin sucking their energy/life. They then return to Metamatcha and give him all the drained energy/life.

Advantages:
Lots of Buddies/3 Forms, Metas is a completley unique attack. No energy cost for Doradabo while flying (he has wings).

Disadvantages:
No attacks for Zeeun and Doradabo.

Cooler
Forms:
Form 4 - Form 4 100% - Form 5
OR
Buddied with Neizu, Sauza and Doore

Attacks:
Death Beam (Cooler): Like Frieza's
Death Ball (Cooler): A small black and red sphere created with one hand (primary) or two hands (secondary) that's thrown.
Eye Lasers: (Cooler): Like Piccolo
Sauza Blade (All): A short energy sword that becomes an extension of the arm to increase damage and range in melee at the cost of energy.
Supernova: A red and orange deathball created with one finger. They can grow to seriously huge sizes. Cooler can create them about 4x faster than Frieza can.
Electric Attack (Neizu): An beam of electricity that moves very fast but can be deflected back on Neizu (it was how it died).

Meta Cooler
Forms:
Meta Cooler (normal)
OR
Buddied with a few Cyclops-bots (The one eyed robots that took over Namek, that Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin fought).
OR
Buddied with a few versions of himself, seeing as there were at one point 1,000 Meta Coolers.
OR
Buddied with Cyborg Cooler (the huge Cooler with wires and gears making up his body that Goku and Vegeta fight right at the end of the film.)

Attacks:
Death Beam (Meta Cooler, Cyborg Cooler): Like Frieza's
Death Ball (Meta Cooler, Cyborg Cooler): A small black and red sphere created with one hand (primary) or two hands (secondary) that's thrown.
Eye Lasers: (Meta Cooler, Cyborg Cooler): Like Piccolo
Sauza Blade (Meta Cooler, Cyborg Cooler): A short energy sword that becomes an extension of the arm to increase damage and range in melee at the cost of energy.
Supernova: A red and orange deathball created with one finger. They can grow to seriously huge sizes. Cooler can create them about 4x faster than Frieza can.
Instant Transmission: (Meta Cooler, Cyborg Cooler): The ability to teleport with Beams (like SSJ Goku does).
Extendable Arms: (Cyclops-bot): The arms can stretch for long range melee and throws.
Gattling Gun: (Cyclops-bot): The arms contain machine guns.
Rocket Launcher: (Cyclops-bot): The arms also contain rocket launchers.
Wire Wrap: (Cyborg Cooler) Can grab the victim with one hand, which deforms into steel wires that squeeze the victim and cut through their flesh.

Advantages:
Lots of buddies, lots of attacks for everyone.

Disadvantages:
Cyclops-bot is weak, lacks strong attacks (so don't use him as a buddy :])

Android #13
Forms:
Normal - Super #13
OR
Buddied with #14 and #15

Attacks:
Power Blitz (All): A large ball of energy that forms on the Androids' vertically outstretched palm which gets bigger the more energy is pumped into it, then sptrings forward when fired (like a Big Bang Attack but bigger).
S.S Deadly Bomb (Android #13): A large red translucent sphere with a smaller opaque red sphere within it, formed with two hands. Fired at the enemy.
Melee Flamethrower (Super #13): Grabbing one of the enemies head's with one of his huge hands, he fires a pink 'flamethrower' (the attack Trunks is getting in 1.3) directly into their face with his free hand.

Advantages:
Attacks for all, all three Androids are tough and powerful.

Disadvantages:
Not many attacks.

Broly (headband)
Forms:
Normal, Restrained SSJ, Legendary SSJ

Attacks:
Gigantic Press - Broly swoops forward and slams into the enemy with his chest. This is greatly enhanced in the Legendary SSJ form due to the extra body mass. (basic melee)
Gigantic Meteor - Broly begins to charge up a Blaster Shell, witholds it, does a melee combo to grind the victim into the ground then fires the Shell at close range.
Blaster Shell
Scatter Throw
Shield

Bojack
Forms:
Normal (blue skin, orange hair) - Super (green skin, red hair)
OR
Buddied with Gokua, Bido, Bujin and Zhangya
OR
Buddied with Gokua, Bido, Bujin and Zhangya in their Super Forms

Broly (no headband)
Forms:
Normal, SSJ, Legendary SSJ

Bio Broly
Forms:
Normal, SSJ, Legendary (slimed)

Janemba
Forms:
Fat Janemba - Super Janemba - Super Janemba /w sword

Hildegarn
Forms:
Normal Hildegarn - Evolved Hildegarn

I'll update this with attacks when I can be bothered.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok people stop the flaming and stop the off topicness I don't want this things to get closed because of the people over reacting.

*Back on topic* Brolly did have a unique attack. If you rememebr when he was facing Gohan and he did that move were he drove his face into the ground then got up put his shield up then shot this huge green ball that did A HUGE explosion that was a unique attack. In Budokai 3 they called it Gigantic Meteor. And he does have transformations. And if anything Im sure they could do a buddy system. Another thing I would like to see is the Goten/Trunks buddy system.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
I'm going to disregard the 'two trans' seeing as Krillin and Tien only have one and will remain balanced. And then there's the Buddy system for Ginyu and #18.

Garlic Jr.
Forms:
Normal - Enhanced by the Makyo Star Form
OR
Buddied with Nikki, Ginger and Sansho (Movie 1)
OR
Buddied with Salt, Mustard, Cashew and Vinegar (Garlic Jr. Saga)
OR
Buddied with Nikki, Ginger and Sansho (Movie 1) all in their Enhanced Forms

Dr. Wheelo
Forms:
Normal (Brain in a Robo Suit)
OR
Buddied with Dr. Kochin (Cyborg), Misokatsu, Ebifurya and Kishimen

Turles
Forms:
Normal - Normal after eating Fruit of Might (massively pumped up muscles)
OR
Buddied with Almond, Soybean, Raisen, Rakasei and Kakao

Lord Slug
Forms:
Normal (old) - Normal (rejuvinated) - Super Namek
OR
Buddied with Angira, Metamatcha, Dorodabo and Zeeun

Cooler
Forms:
Form 4 - Form 4 100% - Form 5
OR
Buddied with Neizu, Sauza and Doore

Meta Cooler
Forms:
Meta Cooler (normal)
OR
Buddied with a few versions of himself, seeing as there were at one point 1,000 Meta Coolers.

Android #13
Forms:
Normal - Super #13
OR
Buddied with #14 and #15

Broly (headband)
Forms:
Normal, Restrained SSJ, Legendary SSJ

Bojack
Forms:
Normal (blue skin, orange hair) - Super (green skin, red hair)
OR
Buddied with Gokua, Bido, Bujin and Zhangya
OR
Buddied with Gokua, Bido, Bujin and Zhangya in their Super Forms

Broly (no headband)
Forms:
Normal, SSJ, Legendary SSJ

Bio Broly
Forms:
Normal, SSJ, Legendary (slimed)

Janemba
Forms:
Fat Janemba - Super Janemba - Super Janemba /w sword

Hildegarn
Forms:
Normal Hildegarn - Evolved Hildegarn

I'll update this with attacks when I can be bothered.
xD suck it pain (always wanted to say that :D )

but anyway, cooler cant be in because he is to much like frieza. Broly on the other hand is perfect. we just need to get moves for him

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would but your father seems to have beaten me to it.

As for his list. No unique attacks have been listed and he hasn't included any reason or explanation as to why adding them would be balanced or worth the effort.

He's got a lot of repeat characters in there as well, and it looks like he pulled some of the transformations out of his ass.

As stated before, Brolly is just another Saiyan, with the same old transformations.

Best answers
id say your 10/100 on that one. gt characters, NONONONONONONO! goku and vegeta would be overpowered, GT just screwed over every good character. as for movie characters broly is the only possibility. sure he is a another saiyan, but then again id say about 95% of the populations characters are saiyans i say add broly and gotenks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
He's got a lot of repeat characters in there as well, and it looks like he pulled some of the transformations out of his ass.
As a person who's seen every single episode, movie and special in both languages I can honestly say, try me. The only 'repeat characters' I can see are Broly (obviously not all three would be added, just one of them) and perhaps Cooler and his Metallic counterpart (although if you'd seen the movies you'd know they're different in terms of attacks, transformations, and henchmen.)

And the reason I didn't include the attacks list is because, funnily enough, I don't have them all memorised. It'll take me a while because i'm going to rewatch parts i'm unsure of. Until then here's a phrase that you've probably grown accustomed to: It'll be done when it's done.

Retired
Best answers
Saiyan Knight said:
xD suck it pain (always wanted to say that :D )

but anyway, cooler cant be in because he is to much like frieza. Broly on the other hand is perfect. we just need to get moves for him

Ok after further look into it by request i am gonna re-draw a warning and offer a warning to both pain and saiyan. this is not offical but a friendly reminder that another outburst will result in a offical warning. any questions please look at the AUP. thank youForum AUP

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
I would but your father seems to have beaten me to it.

As for his list. No unique attacks have been listed and he hasn't included any reason or explanation as to why adding them would be balanced or worth the effort.

As stated before, Brolly is just another Saiyan, with the same old transformations.
what he did was put all the main evil characters from all the movies... so movie one had garlic jr... movie 8 had brolly, movie 9 bojack.. etc etc.. and finding all the moves would take time and the balancing and everything.... i dont even think the balancing would be an issue as it is up to the team how they see fit to balance the character... they already did that so much with the other characters it shouldn't be a real issue..

the repeat of characters also is because he listed the major enemies in all the movies

and a lot of people love brolly... so what if he's another saiyan? he's another character in the dbz world.. i personally don't see anything wrong with adding as many characters as possible, as long as those adding it do not mind putting that much work... the more the merrier

as for the team not wanting gt content and movie content, that is totally understandable and i truly respect their decision, because they are the ones making the mod. i personally wouldn't want gt content, but i'd love to see movie content... brolly, janemba, android 13, bojack... all those i'd love to see >_< like i said before.. the more the merrier... imo having more characters would really raise the fanbase... more maps from the movies could be made like cold steel's new vegeta map, one of my faves to play on... then i can play around and recreate those scenes from the movies and the series... a greater fanbase could be built on this mod, much more people would probably play it more...

but even thoe it won't be added due to many reasons (time, work, work, time, and work), i totally respect what the team wants.. they made the mod, they spent the time, they decide what goes and what doesn't go in

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly. While i'm making the list of characters that could be added, it doesn't necessarily mean they should be.

-Updated the first three movies-

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I see no reason to add any new characters from the movies.

Who would you want? Broly? He's just another Saiyan you can easily be Vegeta download a model/sprite replacement pack and gg your set for being Broly.

Oh you want Cooler? gg frieza replacement.

Now what about Bojack? Granted you cant simply replace any standing char with him but he doesnt even seem that valuable. But if you did, I'm sure you would be able to change Ginyu's model to it and use whatever buddy you want to pair him with.

Now you might ask, "Where would I get these models?" As it is now, there are at least 5 different Cooler models, maybe 4 quality Broly models with sounds/sprites for either cell or vegeta, and there's even a janemba model... But for the models that arent there the team isn't going to make them, as they wont even work on the Tien project that is all community based...

And then the balancing of the game is a completely different subject....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who would you want? Broly? He's just another Saiyan you can easily be Vegeta download a model/sprite replacement pack and gg your set for being Broly.
That's a crap arguement. Future Trunks is 'just another Saiyan'. As is Gohan. And Broly has unique attacks that can't be replacements due to their nature.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Pain said:

he ain't got the same olt tras he has

normal the weakling
the pink hair SJJ1
the normal SSJ2 superpowerfoll
the bonebreaker after he says:i am growing powerfoll"

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Pain said:

as for unique attakz

he has the

the green ball that kills fast
and the sustaining green ball (explained):when he fights goten,gohan he throws a green ball then when they struggle it comes goku ....you observe that he is getting tired that's because he in that sec is sendinc (continiously) power to that ball, like a wave!!

Best answers
just a friendly reminder vegetto, you cant post twice in a row.

as for your broly statements about not being unique, so legendary super saiyan is not unique? and bio broly. good enough.

and nsw, its not fun downloading models and just having the same characters like the godgundom one, looks good, but its just eye candy.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
All of the Budokai games are proof enough that movie characters do have unique attacks. The whole argument against movie characters has been crap. I'm with Ravendust on this. Every movie character has at least 2 unique attacks, otherwise there would be no point making a movie about them. Would you make a movie to show off the same old things? No, you wouldnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom