Stun melee

Best answers
A new ideas: A stun melee would be great. The stun melee attack is much slower then the normal punch, but it does more damage. Imagine the scene:
You teleport in front of your opponent and use the stun melee attack. You punch the opponent right in his belly. Since the attack is slow, the opponet has sum time to teleport away from you, but if you hit him, you do a lot of damage to your opponent. So what do you think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. How would you use it though? Left mouse button? That would sound to me like the best choice. They could maybe make animations similar to those in Budokai, where your character stands there with some energy being charged into the punch or kick, then unleashes a powerful unblockable attack.

I think the stun move should be unblockable as well. Might give it a bit more of a fighting game feeling. Or maybe make it so it can be countered by pressing right mouse button (simple melee) right when you see your opponent charging his stun move.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All it takes is a right click from them to screw up your little punch.

Best answers
Well, I thought It would be something like this:
When you're in front of your opponent, press wheel button.
It will charge you're punch, and then you attack!

EDIT:
There is no way of blocking it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
All it takes is a right click from them to screw up your little punch.
That's basically what I said, yes.

I'd say the stun charge attack animation should take about half a second to a second, during which time the person on the receiving end should have plenty of time to either counter it or move out of the way.

I think such a move would be good if you could manage to sneak up to someone with a Teleport, then charge it and fwap 'em with the stun melee, then knock em into the ground. The stun of the attack would be added to the time one spends recovering from being knocked into the ground, so as to make it more appealing to use.

It can be dodged or countered easily if you've got timing and coordination, two things you already need in order to be good at ESF. I think it wouldn't unbalance things. Everyone would have this attack.

EDIT: Shakershi, why use the wheel button? Not everyone has a wheeled mouse, and we have an unbinded left mouse button when it comes to Melee, so why not just use that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom