Student sues Teacher...for not warning him Eletricity is dangerous

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think it's the parents fault for failing at parenting, they should have to pay for it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So you mean to tell me that an 18 year old boy who is not in a special education class, wasn't taking drugs, and, presumably, no mental instabilities went through 18 years of his life without knowing that electricity is dangerous? He's never seen a movie or a show that portrayed someone getting electrocuted and dieing as a result or at least being severely injured? Never seen a taser in action before? This is ridiculous! I am appalled at his stupidity and I don't feel that the teacher or the school should be penalized for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm surprised he didn't drown in his bathtub.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it's like that stand-up commedy guy said. The student knew that he could be electrocuted but did it anyway so he could sue his teacher in order to get some money out of it. In fact, we can all be underestimating him...

On the other hand did he have to cook his niples that much? What was the voltage he received? Usually in electronics classes the main values don't get over 24 V.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally I have a few minutes worth of time where I have nothing else to do but argue with the lot of you.

In short:

People are stupid. I know many 18 year olds who have no idea exactly how dangerous electricity is (even if you survive the initial shock, there is a very good chance you will die later as a result of rattling your CNS or heart's rhythm). I doubt any of you do, either.

The fact of the matter is that voltage has no significance when you are dumb enough to run the current through your chest. When you do that, there is a very, very good chance that some of that current will pass through your heart. Your heart, as you hopefully already know, is controlled by electric shocks. When our natural rhythm of shocks is disturbed, it causes our hearts to either be arrythmic (much like a bad street performer) or stop entirely. Neither of which are good options if you like to keep oxygen flowing to your very oxygen-greedy brain and maintain its functions. Electricity is also quite fond of travelling through your central nervous system, moving through your axons - and this can often mess with your respiratory system.

There is no way in Hell that this student knew what he was doing when he did it. No person with any knowledge of electricity would ever run a current through his own chest, regardless of potential economical gains.

The teacher, however, should not be held accountable for a person completely lacking in regard for his own personal safety. Any person who wakes up in the morning, showers, gets dressed, has breakfast, and enters his science class thinking "Here's an idea! Today I'll run an electrical current through one nipple and out the other!" is not a person who should reproduce, let alone sue an educational system.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a large amount of respect for electric current. As part of the first aid team at my factory, I've seen quite a few nasty incidents. And yes, I'm fully aware of the damage electricity can cause. I don't know about other countries, but here in the States, you're taught to stay the hell away from it from the time you can crawl. Hell, one of the things you learn in elementary school is how electricity nearly killed Benjamin Franklin, one of our founding fathers. Of course, with the state of things in America, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't teach about Ben Franklin anymore. Yes, that was sarcastic.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is the video that was filmed on a mobile phone online somewhere?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think electricity fried my brain, cause when I was a kid I plugged in this giant record player after getting out of the pool and I got shocked for like 10 seconds and I remember my vision getting darker, so who knows, I may have caused some brain damage there. ****.

Best answers
It was an accident...does it still to remind that electricity is dangerous???

Last edited:
King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally I have a few minutes worth of time where I have nothing else to do but argue with the lot of you.

In short:

People are stupid. I know many 18 year olds who have no idea exactly how dangerous electricity is (even if you survive the initial shock, there is a very good chance you will die later as a result of rattling your CNS or heart's rhythm). I doubt any of you do, either.

The fact of the matter is that voltage has no significance when you are dumb enough to run the current through your chest. When you do that, there is a very, very good chance that some of that current will pass through your heart. Your heart, as you hopefully already know, is controlled by electric shocks. When our natural rhythm of shocks is disturbed, it causes our hearts to either be arrythmic (much like a bad street performer) or stop entirely. Neither of which are good options if you like to keep oxygen flowing to your very oxygen-greedy brain and maintain its functions. Electricity is also quite fond of travelling through your central nervous system, moving through your axons - and this can often mess with your respiratory system.

There is no way in Hell that this student knew what he was doing when he did it. No person with any knowledge of electricity would ever run a current through his own chest, regardless of potential economical gains.

The teacher, however, should not be held accountable for a person completely lacking in regard for his own personal safety. Any person who wakes up in the morning, showers, gets dressed, has breakfast, and enters his science class thinking "Here's an idea! Today I'll run an electrical current through one nipple and out the other!" is not a person who should reproduce, let alone sue an educational system.
Knowing that electricity is dangerous and knowing "how" dangerous electricity is may be two different things, but it takes a special kind of idiot not to realise that running an electrical current through your nipples is a bad idea. Did he know it'd leave him in hospital with permanent brain damage? Probably not, but if he's arguing that he needed to be told that electricity through his nipples is a bad idea, then ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the theory of natural selection. Shame the retard didn't off himself.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I second that. This reminds me of the incident when someone sued some company because he/she was served coffee and got burned because he/she wasn't told that the coffee was hot. I don't remember if the person won though...

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, was a woman who spilled Mcdonald's coffee on herself because she was holding it in her lap while she was driving and it spilled on her. It's just amazing how stupid people are rewarded for their stupidity

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In defence of the woman. That coffee was hotter than McDonnalds regulations. It caused second degree burns which required surgery if i recall correctly. She didnt sue them for having hot coffee. She sued them for having boiling coffee.

Ontopic. The guy is an idiot. The less we have of his kind the better off we are.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The real sad thing here is the teacher ended up resigning after the accident. Some retarded kid gets the bug up his ass to be funny and electricute himself, nearly cost him his own life, and cost the teacher his job. Ridiculous, I hope everything gets cleared up and the teacher gets his job back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom