Student Government (High School)

Is Student Governent an Overall good thing?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Do you like it? Hate it? Does it do more good than bad? What's your opinion of it? Please leave all opinions of regular government out of this AKA White House, Congress, President, etc...

Lid

L
Student governments have absolutely no power and the people on them don't do anything. I have a pet hate as well because I know for a fact that I got rigged out of being my houses captain. How do I know this? I was the only nominee. Of course I spent that year leading upto the elections skipping school events and pissing off the year co-ordinator because I always called her bull****. After the elections it was even more interesting because none of the teachers had a consistant story as to why I didn't win. They made the house captain a guy from another house.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Lid, student governments serve absolutely no purpose, other than making the students feel important. They give speeches as to what they "Can make happen", but when they're elected, nothing of their speech actually happens. And I just realized that my cup is leaking milk all over my desk...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm on my schools Student Government, we do lots of work, all of it not pertinent to the school or the education system. Things like student recreation and trips, like school balls, christmas dances and stuff like that.

It may appear as if we do nothing...but we really just work from the shadows, with the school budget.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried a number of times for high ranking status, always that fringe vote. The radical.

But I Never did get in......then I graduated.

Best answers
im currently taking government, even though my grade isn't good, i guess you can look at it by a way of informing the students of whats going on around them - especially since tv is getting more uhhh...brainwashive...
but government does serve a purpose whether u like it or not (hey its easier to memorize than history :D )
EDIT: woops was thinking about regular government... the class- not that electing and crap...

Best answers
bah my student goverment can lick my testies...1 the speeches take way to long to get through and all of it is bull honkey! and furthermore if we did have any thing good our communist principle would deny it....like he would let us watch an anime that had a cross dressing gym teacher yet they let us watch one where the dude cuts this other guys g/f in half and then later gets his head cut off....hmmm what one makes more sense to watch?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure what they actually do upon being elected, but the idea of "electing" these people is sort of a joke. What it rolls down to is a big popularity contest. Nobody votes on "issues" (mostly because nobody gives a ****), they vote because so-and-so is their buddy. The speeches are all exactly the same. "I'm going to make prom unforgettable! ^_^" about five times over. Sometimes one dude will be a little funnier, or one a little more nervous, but the words don't change.

KyoKusanagi

K
Student councils are one big popularity contest where the most popular kid always wins - not the kid who can do the most for the school.

Not to mention most school councils are just there because its a requirement and the student leader is just a puppet head who does the teachers bidding anyway.

Best answers
To add to this I found that with Student government one person would often be elected president, but more than often one person would be doing all the work and not getting the credit. Anyone else agree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom