Strange crash prob!

Best answers
WTF is this!! :cry: When I get a couple of minutes into the game it just crashes with no apparent reason..and no..it's not like the normal crash...this one turns of my screen and if I try to put it on it says..no connection..cable disconnected..this only happens in esf....help please??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
be sure that you're not running in software mode

btw: look the other crash threads ... there're enough

Best answers
.....First of all...I only run in OpenGL...secondly...I checked the other threads..so please...no more of these comments...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately, a crash is one of those things that can have multiple reasons and sometimes - the solution is simple, but more often than not - the root of the problem isn't very easy to find.

I'm just going to list the normally recommended procedures that you should carry out if you really want to fix your crashing problem:

* Uninstall everything, HL/CS and ESF.
* Reinstall HL and update it to 1.1.1.0 or reinstall CS and update it to 1.5
* Install the full version of ESF Beta 1.1
* Make sure your graphic card's drivers are updated. If you aren't sure about dealing with drivers - it's better you skip this step as you might end up making things worse.
* Make sure you have the updated DirectX installed after you installed the updated graphic card's drivers.
* Make sure you're running ESF on OpenGL and on a STABLE resolution.
* Try decreasing gfx and beam quality settings from MULTIPLAYER > CUSTOMIZE > ADVANCED.

If you do all of these things, you should decrease the chances of a crash by a great extent. But I still cannot guarantee that this will work 100%. I hope you are able to fix the problem, feel free to post here if not.

Good luck. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is your broadband/cable generally disconnected, or does ESF just say this? What are ur PC specs?

Best answers
well..no..It's not. Hmm..it's an AMD athlon 2600+ Geforce FX...*don't know wich sound card....*not really sure about all the other stuff cause man..I'm just 15 I didn't put the thing together :p awell..it works from time to time so..I guess I'll just be happy about that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom