Story Mode Suggestion(I know it wontbe in releases but heres a way)

Best answers
Instead of making cut scenes and a big story mode like that. Can't we just have battles in order. The format can be like this.
Example
Start
Instead of a gaint cutscene you have
1 A picture of Raditz in background. Text to describe that Gohan has been kidnapped and then.
2 A Level is generated with a set amount of powerlevel according to the DBZ Story line where you must finish off Raditz.
3 Raditz defeated brings up some more pictures and text.
4 Then some more text describing start of Vegeta Sega and you have a fight of Yamcha vs. Saibamen.
and if the text and picture findings hurt too much just add some text is also enough. I can do that for you and you can just copy paste. I know you people don't wana put in a story mode. But i'll bet just putting fights in order wont take time would it. Its just that you click on New Game and there are a set of fights followed by one another on different servers with your characters and the enemies having set powerlevels depending on the story. NO NEED TO ADD CUT SCENES, EXPERIENCE GAINING AND RPG LIKE ELEMENTS JUST A SET OF CHALLENGES YOU CAN SAY.

So it's like creating fights in a

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me make it short and sweet.

No.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just add a bot and use a PL pluggin to give him and yourself the correct PL.

There you go no need to special coding for something that has no meaning to multiplayer play at all.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok so you download all the chars models, and imagine that you are making a story game each time you battle. That kind of game remides me dragonball z for genesis mega drive when I was 10, and it was baaaaaad:p.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This idea seems awfully familiar. Sorry buddy, the ESF Team have said themselves they'll never make a single player. You might as well try one of the DBZ games on the consoles for Singleplayer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the easiest way to have singleplayer/coop is to have a monster entity that can be triggered, then the mapper would just have to put in all the txt, story, entities in order, and vala! singleplayer/coop. something to what sven coop has

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think the team shouldn't turn their nose up to this idea. Consideirng many new(rookie) players would like to have it.

Here is how I purpose it be implimented.

You take a bot and give him a certain amount of speed/hp/powerlevel depending on how many players are in the server.

1vs1 should be fairly difficult, but lets say you have the bot vs the enter "Good dbz" squad.

It should be challenge for all players. *should have Limited amount of deaths*

So players can come up with a teamwork strat to beat the bot..

And should have some scripted "special tranformation" stages.. for example frieza instead of a normal trans u see in multiplayer .. you'de see a maybe a longer and more epic transformation that pushes players back.. etc etc and when he transforms he gets more hp..

the enemies health should be shown to all players, and maybe even your team mates health could be shown on your screen.

I think some single player or coop stuff like this is what will keep the rookies playing and will also train thier skills enough so that they can survive in multiplayer.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, your idea is pretty much replicated with one very good player on one team and the other consisting of everybody else on the server.

Besides, bots are idiots and human players play completely differently to them. Preparing them to fight bots would only teach them what attacks they have and not how to play with people.

I'm not saying having a singleplayer would be bad but it'd divert the team's time from the rest of the game and would take far less time to get bored of it than it took to make.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just use a damn superbot and disable the laser.

Set a normal Bot as Vegeta.

When you kill him enough for your taste, put in a super bot as Frieza, folowed by a mega bot Cell and finally an ultimate bot Buu.

Your storymode is done >.>

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just use a damn superbot and disable the laser.
That goddam laser made the game crash like a mofo.

I hate that laser... plust its annoying as hell.

Best answers
Uhhh, why did you bother to make the thread if you know it isn't going to be implicated? It's just a waste of time and effort. If people want a story mode, then get the models and make your own, use your imagination. I don't see the point in having a "story mode" when it really only is bots that you would be fighting, and you can do that already by yourself. And I personally would hate a story mode, simply because I would see it as the pointless addition to the game that it would be.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Superbots without the laser are normall bots. And crash as much as normall bots.
Thing is theres not gonna be a story mode.
Although earlier suggestions could be implemented by a single individual with enough time on his/her hands... doesnt sound like a ridiculous amount of coding and scripting.

Stay on topic grega.. geez :fight:

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thing is theres not gonna be a story mode.
Although earlier suggestions could be implemented by a single individual with enough time on his/her hands... doesnt sound like a ridiculous amount of coding and scripting.

Stay on topic grega.. geez :fight:
Grega never went off-topic, he's giving bot support which someone is using to make their own "singleplayer" ^^.

I still think the best way to emulate the singleplayer experience is to find a good player online and try to beat him/her when playing with a bunch of beginners and trying to protect them and win at the same time.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this Ideea could work like this instand of having a singal player just the map to have a story (maybe a pic of the map then a mp3 with the story).

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
after 24 years im surprised we want to repeat the mythology over and over again. Im personally sick of every single dbz game trying to constantly emulate the story you already know. Least budokai had 'what if' stories...Multiplayer provides something dynamically enjoyable, and allows you to play out your own 'what ifs'.

At the same time though, a plugin which spawned/killed a specific bot with certain skill settings after certain triggers, automatically adding/removing certain enemies after certain deaths or custom situations, would make for some interesting custom map scenarios...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom