still having fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm saying that if you can't play in 60 ping, that's pretty absurd. I consider 60 ping to be low and good.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one asked me, no, but I believe that's the point of a forum. Free conversation. If you don't want it replied to, just send him a pm and not whine about it in a thread.
Well you didn't bring anything useful to the conversation. Probably because you don't get what the conversation is even about (like usually).

--- edit ---

I'm saying that if you can't play in 60 ping, that's pretty absurd. I consider 60 ping to be low and good.
It may look absurd to you, but have you played most of the time with really low ping like I did? In the past I've played with 60 ping as well in Shadi's duel server and didn't have much problem, but after years of not playing 30 and 60 ping felt completely different.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is a European vs American thing. I'm under the impression that most people in America are used to playing in higher ping than people in Europe are because they have to play in higher ping if they want to play the game. Like if Ren wanted to play, he had to play in 90 ping due to where he lived vs where the servers were.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you didn't bring anything useful to the conversation. Probably because you don't get what the conversation is even about (like usually).

--- edit ---

It may look absurd to you, but have you played most of the time with really low ping like I did? In the past I've played with 60 ping as well in Shadi's duel server and didn't have much problem, but after years of not playing 30 and 60 ping felt completely different.
It's really not hard to accrue the point of the thread. You're whining about 60 ping being the cause of your loss. Seeing as Zeo said the exact same thing and you didn't make a point on him not being correct or knowledgeable, I'm gonna say that's probably correct. 60 ping is NOTHING and I JUST fought sub at the same difference and he was fine. He barely even plays, nowadays. Go practice on some euro servers or something, like the rest of us did.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revan told that he won against me 5-4, even when his ping was 160. I pointed out that he wasn't the only one with disadvantages, 60 ping being one of them. While to many people it may look silly when someone complains about 60 ping, I more then clearly explained why 60 ping screwed me up. Whether you believe me or not, that's a different matter, but since in this case you have absolutely nothing but your opinion, please keep it to yourself because I'd rather argue about things at least tiny little more important than that. Your arguments have been countered before, think of something new or quit.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your argument is predicated on the belief that having a whopping 60 ping was a major contributor to your losing that fight. Now, you can use your ping as a scapegoat, and you seem intent on doing just that, but it doesn't make your excuse any more valid, or any less absurd. I'm sure you can dodge ki blasts and melee attacks with the best of them. In fact, when you're ready, you won't even need to. But as it stands, you're being a sore loser.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, even with that explanation I'd have to say that 60 ping is hardly noticeable and you're just trying your damndest to explain away your loss. Subtly, yes, but that's exactly what your doing. Most other people in the world with better sportmanship wouldn't say a ******* thing about the ping. You shoulda been prepared for the differences.

Or, again, wut Zeo said. He seems much better at this than I am.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your argument is predicated on the belief that having a whopping 60 ping was a major contributor to your losing that fight.
That's not a belief. It's a fact. I've been hit countless of times only because I couldn't teleport in time, and that doesn't happen to me with low ping.

Now, you can use your ping as a scapegoat, and you seem intent on doing just that, but it doesn't make your excuse any more valid, or any less absurd.
Yeah, keep telling that to yourself.

I'm sure you can dodge ki blasts and melee attacks with the best of them. In fact, when you're ready, you won't even need to.
I didn't have the time needed to get adjusted to the fact that my teleports are delayed. But you probably wouldn't know, I don't think the majority of your ESF playtime was with low ping.

But as it stands, you're being a sore loser.
Was it necessary? I feel like reporting that only because you actually took that out of your ass.

Yep, even with that explanation I'd have to say that 60 ping is hardly noticeable and you're just trying your damndest to explain away your loss.
I play much better with low ping than with 60. Whether that's because I suck or for whatever reason, you'll have to deal with it.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not a belief. It's a fact. I've been hit countless of times only because I couldn't teleport in time, and that doesn't happen to me with low ping.

Welcome to EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO'S EVER PLAYED AN ONLINE GAME EVER. Now, I'm not saying you're an entitled child who demands the most perfect of operating conditions, and can't handle anything less due to an evolutionary flaw that prohibits you from adapting and were you alive 5000 years ago, you would have undoubtedly died as a result of said inferior genetics which, by the way, would not have been passed on through breeding as only the best, most virile mates had that opportunity. I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying, however, is we've all experienced this delay. I know what it feels like to play on the east coast. It's awesome. 20 ping? Bam. We're in business. But I also know what its like to play with 200+ ping. Not as good, but guess what? Zeo's House of Pancakes and Waffles is still open or business, because we thrive in adversity. It just makes us better! But obviously, you are not cursed with such a flaw.

Yeah, keep telling that to yourself.

I'll do you one better. I'll keep saying it to you. Stop using your ping as a scapegoat. He was just the better man. Admit it, move on, grow from it and win the next time.

I didn't have the time needed to get adjusted to the fact that my teleports are delayed. But you probably wouldn't know, I don't think the majority of your ESF playtime was with low ping.

The time needed? It literally takes all of an instant to understand you're not going to teleport instantaneously. So what do you do? Compensate. Start learning on the move. If I press teleport now, I'm going to move half a second from now instead of instantly. Good. Now I have my timing. Did I just blow your mind? I hope not, because I figured this out when I was 3.

Was it necessary? I feel like reporting that only because you actually took that out of your ass.

Was what necessary? Placing a label on your behavior? No, I suppose, but it certainly does beat writing paragraphs to explain what I can state in two words: Sore loser. Because that's what you are. You lost, but you didn't lose becaue he was better. No! Heavens forbid! He lost because he had an unfair advantage in his 160 ping. Poor hlev over here had 60. Quickly, friends! Let us get our instruments and play him a song on the world's smallest instruments!
Yeah, yeah. Cry more. What makes this even more amusing is you bust into this thread, berate someone for thinking they were even remotely good at the game, and then come back here in complete and utter defeat, complaining that you were unable to adapt to 60 ping.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One doesn't expect someone of your intellectual caliber to read anything beyond the first sentence. After all, you're reading at 60 ping. It must take ages for what you're reading to register in that skull of yours.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually that's because you're failing to get my point. I'll explain it to you again if you decide to make another post after this. I'll explain it so even you could understand.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I "get" your point. But claiming a thing to be true doesn't actually make it so.

Also:

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revan went ahead and announced that he had won against me 5-4, with 160 ping (while mine was 60).

• To him a ping of 160 was a disadvantage. To me, not having played for years and a ping of 60 to which I wasn't used much even back in the day was my disadvantage.
  • I never claimed that I'm better than him. I claimed that I needed 30 less ping to have won. It's not important because that's a "what if", but you decided to take your attention to that.
  • If we both were under 0 ping, he would own me. I claimed that had I been in my prime, I would've wrecked him. It's not important because that's a "what if", but you decided to take your attention to that.
  • Again, I've only replied to him so he wouldn't think "oh I'm so good, I owned him by 1 point when I had 100 higher ping" without considering that I haven't played for years and that, while he's probably used to 160 ping, I'm NOT used to 60 ping.
Here you go.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im gonna take it for the team and say what everyone is thinking right now

shut the **** up hlev

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh bullets!

Revan did announce he had beaten you 5-4, and he did state he had 160 ping. All of this is factual information.

• As stated by you, 160 ping was a disadvantage for him. To you, being a worse player and having 60 ping was also a disadvantage. For him, being a better player was not a disadvantage, but an advantage.
  • If you were both under 0 ping, we'd begin to debate the legitimacy of that fight, as I've never seen someone fight in negative ping. However, as you are The One, I'm not completely certain you couldn't arrange for such a magical display of skill.
  • If the word's best fighter in 1920, who is 20 at the time, fought the world's best fighter in 1990, who is 20 at the time, in the year 1990, a 90 year old would be fighting a 20 year old. He may have been really good when he was 20, but he's absolutely terrible now and should shut up about his "heyday" because no one cares.
  • Revan is a better player than you. You may have been the bees knees back in 1920, but now you're garbage. It's fine. But your former achievements don't stack today, giving you +12 speed and agility, so your past doesn't matter. You suck now.

That was fun! But he's still better than you.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

All right, this has gone on too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom