still having fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discord Member
Best answers
Welcome back chinchan :D Glad to see more vintage ESF players returning and sorry about Hlev, I don't know what possessed him to taint this thread with his negativity.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Telling someone they're bad, out-right, is generally considered rude in most to all cultures (it is all cultures). If that was a joke at all, it was very poorly constructed.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, you're on the verge of going full aspie.

Starting an unnecessary argument by telling someone they suck and shouldn't be proud of something and then later saying you were "joking/being sarcastic" is silly. Especially when you say they really shouldn't be happy about what they're proud of a sentence later.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Telling someone they're bad, out-right, is generally considered rude in most to all cultures (it is all cultures). If that was a joke at all, it was very poorly constructed.
Yeah, I'll make a meme next time. Also, one should've figured that the part where I say "You're bad - deal with it" was a joke from the fact that it's actually baseless, unlike the rest of my point. And I usually base my opinion on something. It's the same as saying "Your mom is bad - deal with it" out of nowhere, just that apparently it'd be much more recognizable as a joke.

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Although I don't want to condone the attitude hlev is having I totally agree with him regarding the worth of this thread. If you want to say you're back then say you're back not more :p

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
everybody chill :p , he said it was a joke. leave it be :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'll make a meme next time. Also, one should've figured that the part where I say "You're bad - deal with it" was a joke from the fact that it's actually baseless, unlike the rest of my point. And I usually base my opinion on something. It's the same as saying "Your mom is bad - deal with it" out of nowhere, just that apparently it'd be much more recognizable as a joke.
You're not very good at back-tracking. Next time just stick to your guns.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Unless our understanding of "basic skills" is very different, he doesn't have those. It takes an hour or two to figure out that the game is about double tapping to swoop and holding RMB to hit. And one will hardly forget that after however many years. Even if they did, it wouldn't take as long to remember. The way I see it, basic skill is something more than just swooping into people with pretty high ping. Especially when it's ECX with its broken gameplay.

@ HLEV

Maybe it's just me, but ECX is allot funner than 1.2 which may be more fair, it just gets dull very quickly now. You say it requires more skill? HAH! Try taking on a spammy ss4, with a character that cant eve teleport while swooping! Now that... requires skill to win.

And even then; The Final Beta in my opinion is even funner. With much faster movement and less time to react to melee blows. That's how a DBZ game should be.

I did recognize your first post as a joke, but I think your letting your animosity for EXC get to you in this case; cause it IS a fun game. However broken and unbalanced it may be. Noobs are the ones who wine over iniquity.

Hard boiled players fight back and overcome it.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's the same as tracking. But backwards.
You've already proven how unperceivable you are. It's enough.

You say it requires more skill? HAH! Try taking on a spammy ss4, with a character that cant eve teleport while swooping! Now that... requires skill to win.
But how much skill does the spammy SSJ4 need against other players? For how long have you been playing ECX, anyway? Because I did play it for a while in the past. I'm not speaking out of my ass, you know.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You've already proven how unperceivable you are. It's enough.
...Yeah, clearly. That's definitely how I joke around. Telling people they're bad and then tirelessly defending it. Sorry if I'm not perceptible enough for your profound and complex humor.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The forum is dry enough as it is. A guy makes a thread saying he's coming back to ESF, and posts a picture of his score. It's not spectacular or showing off his super skillz or anything, but for once we had a thread made by a non-reg that isn't blasting the devs or begging for a release date in butchered English. The guy was being polite in lieu of the hostility, and he was still blasted.

I'm all for tearing into dumbshits but when you've got a pretty innocent thread trying to spark the slightest conversation and you go off on guys, it really discourages people from sticking around.

TLDR shut up hlev ur a dookie face!!1

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Someone forgot to take their medicine today.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
But how much skill does the spammy SSJ4 need against other players? For how long have you been playing ECX, anyway? Because I did play it for a while in the past. I'm not speaking out of my ass, you know.
And I believe it! Someone in your position doesn't get where he is from crapping on everyone's faces. It requires commitment, understanding, and sometimes a little jello... y'know to wiggle through all the bull shit. The point is, that spammy ssj4 is no better than someone who uses scripts or haxz. It's not about his skill. But those willing to overcome such an obstacle. It's a pain in the ass when it's actually a decent player doing that shit. But most of the time, they just suck. They don't have the skill one refines through actually playing the game the way it's meant to be played. And all I am saying, is that it does take a good measure of skill to overcome and win, even when your put in a situation when the odds are stacked against you.

PS: I've been playing ECX since about late 07. ESF.. well since 03 at the latest

The only Russian ESF fan
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Nebul, if you talk about skill you probably should not even mention hypermode (teleport during swoop)
Strong guys use glide+teleport even if their char is able to perform hypermode. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom