still having fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You do realize that I didn't play ESF for years, right? Sure, your ping was bigger, but to me 60 ping meant delayed teleports (as I'm not used neither to ping higher than 30 nor right now to the game itself). I'm positive that I'd have wrecked you had I been in my prime. Even if we both had 0 ping.

I'll admit that in SSJ4 you vs base me duel the victory would be yours. Though I never claimed to win in the first place.
1 second = 1000 milliseconds. Since an eye blink is 300-400ms, 100ms delay is hardly noticeable.

You're seriously complaining about a 30ms ping difference?

Like, are you serious?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your ping needs to be at least in the 100+ to have an impact on the game.

Take it from someone who played in the ping ranges from 30 to 300

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
100ms is hardly noticable? Clearly you never played this game... even 10ms makes a big difference.
Ideal range would be below 40 or even below 30... If you're not a good player 0-80 probably feels the same:fight:

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1 second = 1000 milliseconds. Since an eye blink is 300-400ms, 100ms delay is hardly noticeable.

You're seriously complaining about a 30ms ping difference?

Like, are you serious?
You must have never played ESF (as in ESF the ping is especially important and noticeable). Back in the day, I had the plesure of playing under 30 FPS (mostly 5-20), as there's quite an interest in ESF in Lithuania, so we had local servers. For someone like me to play under 50-60 FPS means that I'm screwed. Mainly because I can't teleport out of the way right before being hit, because the lag delays the teleport.

Your ping needs to be at least in the 100+ to have an impact on the game.

Take it from someone who played in the ping ranges from 30 to 300
Kinda what IceX said. If you really mean what you wrote, you're a bad player.

Oh and people who follow EU rules and don't have a slightest problem with how shitty they are, y'all dumb!

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You must have never played ESF (as in ESF the ping is especially important and noticeable). Back in the day, I had the plesure of playing under 30 FPS (mostly 5-20), as there's quite an interest in ESF in Lithuania, so we had local servers. For someone like me to play under 50-60 FPS means that I'm screwed. Mainly because I can't teleport out of the way right before being hit, because the lag delays the teleport.

Oh and people who follow EU rules and don't have a slightest problem with how shitty they are, y'all dumb!
You're just an incompetent player. You can't win unless the character does exactly what you want when you want against someone who doesn't have the same advantage? Yeah. Mad skillz, yo. How about compensating for lag? Or, I don't know, changing your strategy to reflect your absolutely massive 60 ping? I played ESF on 56k for years, and though it was terrible, it forced me to out think my opponents rather than rely on pure reflex. Ultimately, it made me a better player. But entitled hlev can't play ESF without zero ping and a direct link from his mind to the game so that his avatar is actually responding before he consciously wants him to.

You might not be able to see it, but the universe's smallest violin is in that picture.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, can't expect everyone to be like us old pros. Back in the day I'd sometimes get my ass kicked by a euro player with 200 ping, after I got better I'd run over there and do the same. High ping sucks but any good player can compensate for it after a while of getting used to it.

Or, basically, what he said.

Edit: Ah, and I really wouldn't insult Grega. Not only does he have some good pull around here, but I used to dbz it up with him and he was a great player back when the game was at it's peak. Which is saying something.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I never play by the EU rules as they are horrible exploit abusingn garbage. I always play by my own rules. Though those are a lot closer to the US rules i must say.

In any case. If you cant compensate for 90 ping, then you are the one who is a bad player. Yes it gets noticeable, but its not unplayable. You can play with compensation for the ping in your tactics up to 100 ping. Even 120 is playable against people of equal skill. The only issue with such high pings is KI management. As it becomes increasingly difficult.

Hell ive seen a guy with 300 ping totally anihilate the a server. And whole the people in the server werent particularly great, they were not the worst players, yet they couldnt hit him and he didnt run out of KI despite being outnumbered, because the people ganged up on him. So all your whining about pings in the <100 range is nothing short of excuses.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're just an incompetent player.
Right now, definitely.

You can't win unless the character does exactly what you want when you want against someone who doesn't have the same advantage? Yeah. Mad skillz, yo.
I couldn't win because I didn't have the time to get used to that disadvantage.

Or, I don't know, changing your strategy to reflect your absolutely massive 60 ping?
Again, didn't have time for that. That's not something you just go and do when you're used to something completely different.

I never play by the EU rules as they are horrible exploit abusingn garbage. I always play by my own rules. Though those are a lot closer to the US rules i must say.
Yeah, after the fight with ~#Revan#~, I went to a LT server where I had a decent ping. Lost to some guy 8-10 because he kept hitting me from the roof 20 times in a row.

In any case. If you cant compensate for 90 ping, then you are the one who is a bad player.
Now it's a different talk. Yes, I right now am really bad in comparison to how I was, but previously you said that only ping over 100 impacts your game, which is not true, and my performance against ~#Revan#~ only proves it.

Yes it gets noticeable, but its not unplayable. You can play with compensation for the ping in your tactics up to 100 ping. Even 120 is playable against people of equal skill. The only issue with such high pings is KI management. As it becomes increasingly difficult.
Obviously it's not unplayable, I managed to pull off a score of 4-5 after all. And that's me, who hasn't played for years. The guy I fought was doing fine with ~160 ping.

Hell ive seen a guy with 300 ping totally anihilate the a server. And whole the people in the server werent particularly great, they were not the worst players, yet they couldnt hit him and he didnt run out of KI despite being outnumbered, because the people ganged up on him. So all your whining about pings in the <100 range is nothing short of excuses.
I'm not whining about that. I just said that while I was completely out of shape after not having played ESF for years, 60 ping didn't help neither.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I was never big into ESF when it was at its peak and the competition was plentiful, but I was friends with a lot of the community who was. I remember Europeans and North Americans having matches with each other often, and seeing the "visiting" player win some matches was pretty awesome, but not uncommon at all.

Shit, I remember in B1.0 (where head-ons were decided by who had the lower ping) grOOvy would wreck shit on North American servers. Also Boyster would wreck shit in Europe, and he lived fairly inland in the States.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right now, definitely.

I couldn't win because I didn't have the time to get used to that disadvantage.

Again, didn't have time for that. That's not something you just go and do when you're used to something completely different.

Yeah, after the fight with ~#Revan#~, I went to a LT server where I had a decent ping. Lost to some guy 8-10 because he kept hitting me from the roof 20 times in a row.

Now it's a different talk. Yes, I right now am really bad in comparison to how I was, but previously you said that only ping over 100 impacts your game, which is not true, and my performance against ~#Revan#~ only proves it.

Obviously it's not unplayable, I managed to pull off a score of 4-5 after all. And that's me, who hasn't played for years. The guy I fought was doing fine with ~160 ping.

I'm not whining about that. I just said that while I was completely out of shape after not having played ESF for years, 60 ping didn't help neither.
The problem with this post is you are talking to a host of people that's been in the exact same, and worse, situation and still won despite rustiness/lack of time/different rules. Sure, we all lose here and there but it's never because "The sun got in my eyes" or "I broke a fingernail". If you lost, it's because the other dude is better. Even if just momentarily. We've all been in high ping situations and sudden duels where we had to get used to a ~100 ping difference and we all came out on top.

Even if you don't believe so just SAY you lost fair and square, and the other person was better. Even if they were being douchebags about it. That's just good sportsmanship.

Btw, when did we all start talking about this game like it's a major life skill?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
also I make fun of grOOvy alot but goddamn talking about him just reminds me of the days when the game actively had clans going against each other. :(

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem with this post is you are talking to a host of people that's been in the exact same, and worse, situation and still won despite rustiness/lack of time/different rules. Sure, we all lose here and there but it's never because "The sun got in my eyes" or "I broke a fingernail". If you lost, it's because the other dude is better. Even if just momentarily. We've all been in high ping situations and sudden duels where we had to get used to a ~100 ping difference and we all came out on top.

Even if you don't believe so just SAY you lost fair and square, and the other person was better. Even if they were being douchebags about it. That's just good sportsmanship.

Btw, when did we all start talking about this game like it's a major life skill?
... Wow. Again. Dude, what exactly is wrong with you? What the hell do you think is this all even about?
I didn't say I'm better than him. I said that years ago I was better than he is now. I also implied that I would've won if I had lower ping (while his ping was that same ~160). I'd also have won had I been used to higher ping, just like he is. If, if, if... He totally defeated me (had 30 HP left). All I'm saying that the conditions weren't the best suited for me for the reasons above.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically, you'd have won if everything were completely different and in your favor, even moreso than in the last fight, including you not being you.

Gotcha.

If you want, you can make a server and me or Dark will jump in real quick with whatever ping we get and see the TRUE HLEV WITH ALL HIS MIGHT. Personally, I haven't played in years, and am not used to ESF at all. So you'll have familiarization, better ping and you're fighting against someone who doesn't take the game seriously.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
... Wow. Again. Dude, what exactly is wrong with you? What the hell do you think is this all even about?
I didn't say I'm better than him. I said that years ago I was better than he is now. I also implied that I would've won if I had lower ping (while his ping was that same ~160). I'd also have won had I been used to higher ping, just like he is. If, if, if... He totally defeated me (had 30 HP left). All I'm saying that the conditions weren't the best suited for me for the reasons above.
If you take time to read the post I'm asking that you just say that you lost, and end this conversation. I'm trying to tell you no one really cares. If you're better then you can prove it next time. I don't care about what happened in this thread earlier, at this point, so don't feel a need to single me out as attacking you.

Me and the rest of these guys lost ALL the time to each other and we never said "Aw **** man, if that had gone this way I'd have won you lucky piece of shit". We said GG and stood aside for the next match to 10.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm actually surprised Hlev lost, wouldn't have guessed that.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you take time to read the post I'm asking that you just say that you lost, and end this conversation. I'm trying to tell you no one really cares. If you're better then you can prove it next time. I don't care about what happened in this thread earlier, at this point, so don't feel a need to single me out as attacking you.

blablablablablabla
No one asked you to interfere in the first place. I was telling revan to not think that he owned me or anything by telling that he had 160 ping when i had 60, because he wasn't the only one with disadvantages.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one asked me, no, but I believe that's the point of a forum. Free conversation. If you don't want it replied to, just send him a pm and not whine about it in a thread.

And I take the blablabla as meaning that you still -do- care about the...ahem, "miscommunication" that you exacerbated?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair though, 60 ping is pretty ideal, nothing to complain about there. I think what did you in is the fact that you haven't played in a while, and Revan probably plays the game more nowadays than anyone else on the planet. Revan also plays in 100 ping all the time, which I'm sure makes him a better player in the long run.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair though, 60 ping is pretty ideal, nothing to complain about there. I think what did you in is the fact that you haven't played in a while, and Revan probably plays the game more nowadays than anyone else on the planet.
No. I did duel on a LT server with low ping afterwards, and it was completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom