Steam problems

Best answers
I've just installed Steam for the first time today so I could play ESF 1.2. Everything installed fine, but when I went to play ESF, as soon as the actual start up screen for the game came up with (the one with Piccolo) my screen gets all screwy and my system freezes up. I've played ESF 1.1 just fine before. Anyone know how to fix this?

Best answers
Ah this problem I run into most of the time, usually Steam freezes when you load it, dont have a clue why..but it happens alot for me, you could try changing video mode and see if that doesnt fix it for you.

Best answers
What do you mean exactly by 'change video mode'? Should I change my colors/screen area I'm running on currently or what? Right now it's set at True Color (32 bit) and 800x600.

Best answers
You could try 16bit.

I was talking about Steam video modes, when you set them up in options.

Best answers
I just went into Steam again, but couldn't find any option to set different video modes, so I'll just try the 16bit first.
*Edit*
Just tried it in 16bit mode, same problem.

Best answers
Its in options, load HL or something *hope it works* then change video mode in OPTIONS *click the video tab*

Best answers
Just tried to load HL through Steam, same problem came up. Kind of strange since this never happened before when I didn't use Steam.

Best answers
It happens to me a ton of times, try when your pc has just started up and see if you cant get it to load without freezing.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Are you using OpenGL or Directx? OpenGL is recommended, if it's not working with that, try directx. Updating your video drivers and DirectX helps.

When does it crash? When you try to join a game? When steam loads up the menu? Or ESF menu?

Best answers
I used to play 1.1 in OpenGL and it worked. Now though, I see a quick flash of the screen with Piccolo and Vegeta then my screen gets all messed up. My computer is probably just too old, I really need a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom