Steam problem

Best answers
ok well is there a thread on the steam that i can check for updates i tried looking but couldnt find any

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
There are a bunch of threads on the steam forums, but couldn't find the main "official" non-closed thread.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's because there probably isn't one. I'm sure Valve is working to fix it. Learn patience.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
That's because there probably isn't one. I'm sure Valve is working to fix it. Learn patience.
I agree. And calm down. its just two days without steam gaming, how bad can that be?

*EDIT*

Problem solve on dod.

Go to the Day of Defeat directory and find the confing.cfg or userconfing.cfg.
go inside and write this

cl_solid_players 0 . save it, and go play.

too bad this isn't working for ESF.

Last edited:
Best answers
Hey I got alot of email about my server yes i know its down i ended up just putting it offline for now i tried some commands that other games are using to fix the mods they have they arent working for esf so stop emailing me saying my protocol is different from yours

I'll have my server back up if they have an update that fixes it or if I can figure out the problem myself
also you should check the Natural Selection forums i heard they made a patch file that you stick in the root folder of the game i looked i couldn't find it if anyone can find it id give try it just to test it.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
people trying to make servers try this, seems to have worked for my (semi)dedicated server(running from home) so im not sure if it works for listen servers.

Make a .txt named steam_appid.txt open it and type the number 70, Just the number. Put the .txt file in the mod folder. This should work for any HL1 mod.

I' ll try to find where I found this, I can't remember right now. Good Luck.

Best answers
maybe it self improves but if won was still in use i would be playing instead of posting :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, there is no news. There will probably be no news. Be patient, it'll be fixed when it's fixed.

Best answers
i still feel like complaining because its not my fault GRRRRR TYPED ANGER

Edit: oh and i was just thinking why does cell suck people up his for lack of better words without being vulgar bum bum thats funny :D he eats from his butt i wonder if he poops out his mouth XD

Last edited:
Best answers
I think there is a problem with the server packtage because my server is update to (48) and it doesnt start :

Code:
Console initialized.
scandir failed:/data/server3659/home/games/halflife/./valve/SAVE
scandir failed:/data/server3659/home/games/halflife/./platform/SAVE
Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.1/Stdio (valve)
Exe build: 17:26:41 Aug 27 2008 (4352)
STEAM Auth Server
couldn't exec language.cfg
Server logging data to file logs/L1026012.log
L 10/26/2008 - 07:02:05: Log file started (file "logs/L1026012.log") (game "esf") (version "48/1.1.2.1/Stdio/4352")
Server IP address 77.111.254.37:27015
LoadLibrary failed on ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so: ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so: undefined symbol: sqrt
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so!
L 10/26/2008 - 07:02:05: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so!

FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so!
If there is a person with the same problem as me atm and has found the solution.

Best answers
Yep i've been trying alot to get my server up and running again (S2k), i updated the server (valve) because you can't updat esf.

I think the problem is that the new files changed in valve, cstrike etc has a negative change on esf, i think the problem is hl_i386 (linux)(DLL FILES), because if i change those files the game shows up as protocol 48 BUT the gameplay mode is Half-life.

I can join the server but ill start with a gun and cant move, if i change all the dll/so files back the gameplay mode is esf freefight again but it changes back to protocol 47.

In other words esf isn't supported.

Last edited:
Best answers
Yep i've been trying alot to get my server up and running again (S2k), i updated the server (valve) because you can't updat esf.

I think the problem is that the new files changed in valve, cstrike etc has a negative change on esf, i think the problem is hl_i386 (linux)(DLL FILES), because if i change those files the game shows up as protocol 48 BUT the gameplay mode is Half-life.

I can join the server but ill start with a gun and cant move, if i change all the dll/so files back the gameplay mode is esf freefight again but it changes back to protocol 47.

In other words esf isn't supported.

I think we need an update of the esf 1.2.3 server packtage maybe HarSens should/could help us i dont have hl_i386.so sources to look into.

Best answers
wow

so your essentially saying in plain english all the offical games are supported but there not supporting this third party mod wow... or it just needs an update.

Best answers
but

what about listen servers no one can connect to those either.... theres that problem because i like to make those and play with just friends

Best answers
Thats not intyerly true, i know some of them wont show up, but you can still connect with the ingame console typing connect (ip)(port).

example:

Connect 23.123.45.12:27015

Best answers
what about listen servers no one can connect to those either.... theres that problem because i like to make those and play with just friends
wrong i can connect on some servers but many server are down because of the steam update protocole.

24.87.42.248:27016 for exemple this server works

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom