steam got jacked?

Best answers
Program: D:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
File: Src\CacheFileFixedDirectory.cpp
Line: 1415

ListEntry.IsValid()

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT debugging must be enabled)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If one was to encounter this error whilst starting up steam, how would one rid one's life of this problem???

Retired
Best answers
Hmm off hand I'd just reinstall after saving your mod folders seeing how it looks to be a mainly steam based problem.

Best answers
For some people, moving your platform.gcf to the desktop and letting a new one dl has worked

Best answers
Steam is having problems, some ppl cant seem to login right away...and just keep trying its bound to work eventually. That problem ive had b4 but that was when it just started to "show" a game...but that was because I ran out of HD space.

Best answers
it has nothing to do with logging in... the screen comes up b4 steam starts

Best answers
Well either you can't get it to work because of the condition zero 1.1 patch that got steam over bandwidth(as any other patch :D) or your steam.exe is ****ed up, or check for viruses... once because of a virus I coudln't start no *.exe file :p

Best answers
ah, I had that problem as well when it would crash everytime I clicked it, try doing a scan disk (yea I know it sounds weird but trust me it works)

Best answers
CS-LAND said:
Well either you can't get it to work because of the condition zero 1.1 patch that got steam over bandwidth(as any other patch :D) or your steam.exe is ****ed up, or check for viruses... once because of a virus I coudln't start no *.exe file :p
WOW! CS-LAND = MYYYY HEEERO...

ill calm down... but yeah i checked for viruses and there was only one on my comp, the first one EVAR. i deleted it and... BAM!!!! steam works.

thank you mr. CS-Land guy fellow.

EDIT: now the error comes up when i log in...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
yeah, move in the steamapps dir there is a thing calld platform.gcf, move that file out of the steamapps and try again, it will let you log on and download a new platform.gcf

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why u guys get problems, but i dont. Try to get help on steam forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom