Stargazer shuttle

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
again i am asking u guys to help me out here!
we really need a skinner! if anyone wants to join our project he is really welcome!
here is a little demo how u would have to work if u dont wanna deal with blender......you can also just use blender do it the professional way.....either way is fine because i suck at skinning...........wanna try it out this weekend anyway.....for the first release we got enough ships...so we now have to focus on skinning them
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/BANDIT228/stargazerlayout.png

if anyone thinks hey i would like to give it a shot and become member of one of the greatest games ever:p pls contact me;)
icq 212579369 or via pm with this forum
the **** is this shit?!

Best answers
then your game will fail, you don't want that, do you?
games wont fail just because they dont look that awesome.....if the concept is right then it will be fun:p they will be skinned:p not really high class but they all gonna get a skin. we wont do a release with only red or blue models so dont worrry;)

the **** is this shit?!
i really cant follow you..........

that pic you quoted shows a layout data which shows which part of that pic will be displayed on the model.....if u do the skin in that way then it will be look fine on the model....or atleast as planed^^
and yes i suck at skinningXD

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know what a UVW map is.

i'm saying "it's bad".

Best answers
i know what a UVW map is.

i'm saying "it's bad".
thanks for the translation!

i know that the unwrapping is "bad" as u put it........its just imported to blender and with that smart unwrap function....which aint always really smart if u ask me....but by the time we get a skinner inteam(that time sure will come, atleast after the release i guess) that wont be a problem....i got the blender files of all models so if he wishes to do it the professional way he can unwrap every part of the model as he wishes.....
that right now is only a short-time-solution.....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
UVW mapping is the modelers job... in fact so is the texturing heh.

you won't find a successful (key word here) indie team on the planet that segregates between modeling and texturing anymore, largely they want "T shaped people" and for good reason.

anyway, slap a chequered material on the model, and when you see how much stretching there is, you'll see where/how to move your UVW's around to get rid of it...
http://waylon-art.com/uvw_tutorial/uvwtut_01.html

different toolset (3ds max) but the theory is still the same.

Best answers
new thinking my dear:p there are a lot of examples out there where u can see that model maker and skinner are different guys......sure a lot are modeler and skinner at the same time but ohwell.....

i know its not the best UVW way...........but for the beginning it should be fine.......maybe later i gonna fix that...the UVW maps i got are sure crappy...but its possible to work with them....still got hope to find one which can deal with blender and unwrapping and does it a professional way later. atleast its my hope:p
otherwise a game dont need to have amazing graphic´s to be fun........sure it helpsXD but u get the point

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can get a better result to just box uv it and apply plain color to it than that thing you did there :'(

Best answers
box unwrapping doesnt really work out because of the fuc.king style....some parts wouldnt be displayed.....at some other unwrap options even bender crashesXD or it does nothing........well i know its not perfekt but it gonna try around this weekend a bit:p gonna try to do then some skins....gonna become somethingXD atleast the models itself look ok:D

also have to admit i hate bender.....i saw videos where u saw really awesome stuff...........got no clue how but these guys did amazing work....just had to use blender to import my datas and export them as 3ds....well i guess i have to see how it works out after all...........gonna post this weekend
some of my skinning.........try my best....

Best answers
well my last post until the trailer i guess.....trailer gonna take a while but untill then i gonna try to skin a bit and well moving pictures are better:p

normally the sun has a animation and the radar also moves....well pics........but atleast its ingame:p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome man!

What engine or framework are you guys using to make this?

Best answers
the game was 2D before.........since that was so cool we decided to move on to 3D doing a sun in 2D is difficult:p the center doesnt really move u know...we just let it turn......around....as soon as we made the sun a ball it sure gonna look different^^

and no:p the engine is a modified clanlib engine;) its not just a simple blender render........its real ingame...right now u can only fly from left to right and stuffXD and turn the ship around 360° but that gonna change soon:p our coder is really hard working on that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom