Starcraft II Beta

Best answers
So I heard you can invite your friends to the beta now, aswell.

If any of you lot is missing a friend, I'd be more than happy to be one. :rolleyes:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Invite me tooooooooooooo please T_T

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A/w, I prefer waiting for the full game. I heared it'll be 3 of 'em tho.. -.-'
Seems like blizzard can't make a single game with zerg, protoss and teran... Damn it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A/w, I prefer waiting for the full game. I heared it'll be 3 of 'em tho.. -.-'
Seems like blizzard can't make a single game with zerg, protoss and teran... Damn it.
The multiplayer is featuring all three races, and single player will have all three as well, you just won't be playing as the other two.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, they're actually releasing 3 versions where you can only choose to play as 1 in each?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully that just means the campaigns will be massive and epic.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hear the beta has been hacked and is leaked on the internet.

But personally I want to wait for the completed boxed version(s).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can download the Starcraft II client from the site apparently, you just can't play it. As for actually playing it, yeah, there are ways but let's not get into that :p

Best answers
Yeah, they're releasing the game in three parts. First will include the Terran Singleplayer campaign, titled Wings of Liberty. Second expansion is the Zerg campaign, titled Heart of the Swarm. Third and last will be the Protoss campaign - obviously - titled Legacy of the Void.

They say each of these campaigns will be as long as all three Starcraft 1 campaigns put together.

While you can play as all three races in multiplayer, I can't wait to see if you can play against people who have the expansions on-line. I'm guessing not... but here's to hoping.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I just find it a bit weird they make expansion packs out of it. Blizzard is already rich as they are >_>, but now they are selling each expansion separately.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I'm kinda disappointed in Blizzard, but I'm going to buy them anyways. Who knows, maybe they'll add some features to the Multiplayer in the expansions.

Oh, that, and I'm kind of hoping for a 4th "surprise" expansion that will include the new race (there's been a bunch of people talk about the Xel'Naga... no idea who they are as I've never beaten or really played the Starcraft 1 campaign.)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they had intended to release three installments that were each the length of a single SC1 campaign, I'd be pissed off. However, the prospect of having a saga consisting of three massive campaigns sounds good to me; it'll let the story progress a fair bit more, in my opinion, than SC1's format allowed.

Besides that, as has been pointed out several times, players are going to be free to play as the other races in MP, anyway.

Khaze said:
While you can play as all three races in multiplayer, I can't wait to see if you can play against people who have the expansions on-line. I'm guessing not... but here's to hoping.
I don't see why not. They are releasing subsequent single-player campaigns. I would imagine that the draw of these "expansions" would be for the campaigns, not a small handful of extra units (making play with owners of fewer expansions impossible). Why bother introducing a multiplayer feature in the first installment if it's not going to be as "complete" without owning all three installments? Even assuming the MP feature does change with the addition of expansions, Blizzard, in the past, has never let that stand in the way of multiplayer gaming. Owners of the Brood War expansion for SC had the option of playing with or without expansion content. Owners of the Lord of Destruction expansion for Diablo 2 had the same option. In WoW, players owning one or both expansions mingle freely with players owning just the base game.

I wouldn't sweat it, heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(there's been a bunch of people talk about the Xel'Naga... no idea who they are as I've never beaten or really played the Starcraft 1 campaign.)
In short, the Xel'Naga created both the Protoss and the Zerg.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I preordered the game and so far I'm loving it. If anyone wants to play, add me. My ID is Seramore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think to add someone you also need their character identifier. Identifier being the part that comes after your name.

EX: name.identifier

Mine is Pain.veken

I also got a couple beta keys to give away, if I can't find anybody to give them to I guess I'll put em up for grabs here, if anybody is interested.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes please :)

Thankyou very much.

I have a gift for hl2 ep one if you want it >.> ?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm always interested when getting the chance in SC2. But like I mentioned in the chatbox, it is up to you. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll post it here this weekend. First one to get it gets it.

By the way, you can also get in on the beta by pre-ordering from gamestop or amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom