Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
(damn you sonic, I type too slow :F)
Ah em teh sp33d d3m4n.

And I also disagree with your matrix reference, Alea. While the second and third movies weren't exactly gems like the first movie they did follow the same story line... I mean, the first movie ended on a cliffhanger, it wasn't just finished and then they tagged onto the end like they did with MiB or... say... any Disney sequel ever.

I'd agree with an argument that was closer to "The first episode sucked, the second one made the first one's story look even worse, and the third one will probably make the whole (new) trilogy look too cheesy and ridiculous to fit into the original Star Wars fanchise."

Best answers
Cheeto101 said:
Well if Hayden Christianson (or whatever his name is) would stop acting like the script is the bible...at least Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher knew the script was pretty much over the top and they treated it like such. It gave the movie a really cool feel to it....but now all we get is Hayden being a drama queen.

I didnt think episode 1 and 2 were too too bad...not as good of course, but not too bad. Episode 3 has the potential for a hella lot of action and saber fights so im lookin forward to it.

Obviously thats how acting is suppose to be. If you were an actor you would understand. REALLY HARD buisness. Tires you down mentally. I applaude him on his acting skillz. It makes me believe that he has problems. Hell i take the script serious ALMOST like the bible. YOu gotta really break it down to where its believable. But to say hes a drama queen... now thats just dumb. Another thing you gotta understand is that's how Anakin REALLY IS! So if you think he is just acting like a drama queen then you gotta think b4 you blow crap out of your ass..

So in saying that i agree with Dev and Judge overall...o and Cucumba on some things...well almost all things. :laff:

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
In that sense yes, but the argument is that he ruined the original Triology with the new one . . . as a writer, I don't buy that.

The newer trilogy is obviously an afterthought.
Nonono, the new Star Wars movies didn't ruin the original "Trilogy," they ruined the SERIES. Star Wars, as a whole, sucks now, because of these garbage 'new' movies Lucas is making. The original 3 by themselves are gems.

Sonic Boyster said:
Ah em teh sp33d d3m4n.

And I also disagree with your matrix reference, Alea. While the second and third movies weren't exactly gems like the first movie they did follow the same story line... I mean, the first movie ended on a cliffhanger, it wasn't just finished and then they tagged onto the end like they did with MiB or... say... any Disney sequel ever.
The original Matrix didn't end in a traditional cliffhanger, in my opinion. It was implied that with his newfound ability, he would go on to be the savior of the world. Sequels weren't necessary, because you knew what was going to happen.

The original Matrix by itself was a great movie, but as a TRILOGY, I'd have to say that it's garbage. As an entire story, the first part (i.e., Matrix1) is great, but the plot falters and it gets less believable and more bull**** filler like "The Power of the One is not Limited to only this world!" which makes no sense. A lot of people were expecting some well thought out, scientific explanation, I believe there was a gigantic website with HUNDREDs of people's theories on how Neo had his powers in the real world, but

No. The stupid old lady had to give a cop-out answer: "The power of the one is not limited to just this world," (or something to that effect.)

So, they ruined the series, despite the original being good, which is exactly what Lucas has done.

Best answers
I am almost NEVER dissapointed in any movies i see (apperently I have low standards). I thought that the matrix Trilogy was really really good. Starwars I, II were good too.

Best answers
...whatever anyway i still say Star Wars is great a trilogy. Dispite the fact that Alea says its basiaclly ruined which i disagree. I say the story is alright Not ruined. Im taking it as a background to what happened b4 Luke was around. SO in saying that i dont see nothin wrong with it. THe thing i will agree on is that i c some similarities between Matrix 2 and Episode 2. Both...not too much going on. We havent really seen Episode III so therefore we really cannot make an accurate decision on if its gonna be good or bad. From what we know Anakin goes to the darkside and he has to duke it out in a 12 minute fight scene with his master Obi. (which i anticipate will be awsome) Reason being on that lil thought note is that they said they are using over 1,000 of Jedi moves with Obi alone...damn think of what the action is gonna be like when Anakin starts swinging...hmm who else knows whats going to be going down with the Jedi. I just know that Dooku put a bounty on all Jedi Masters and Anakin gets pissed then joins the Darkside. Plus some new faces that are going to appear...cant wait!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You people will realize what's been missing with this trilogy when the 3rd prequel installment is released. You will witness the main part of the entire series imo.

Anakin becoming Darth Vader.

Once the twins (Luke and Leia) or revealed, you will feel more of a connection with the original series and enjoy what Star Wars has become even more. May the force be with you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think ill just wait for knights of the old republic 2 :/

Best answers
Meh, its gonna need to have alot of story if it wants to be great :eek:

and I think it has the basis for a ton of it.

Still gonna be a good film though, even if not great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom