Stand Still Melee

Best answers
When 2 players are standing right next to eachother, holding right click, how is it determined who gets hit? Is it ki bar like when swooping or what?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's whoever's hit registers first I believe. Remember there is a delay between the time you press the button and the time your client sends out the "attack" message, after which there is another delay (.9 seconds I believe), rinse, repeat. If you hit the button first you should theoretically win.

Best answers
correct me if im wrong, but, since the beta 1.1 is out, the melee winner is determinated by the person who have the higher KI ...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zodiac Fighter said:
correct me if im wrong, but, since the beta 1.1 is out, the melee winner is determinated by the person who have the higher KI ...
What Sonic said is correct. The originator of this thread asked about what happens when the 2 are standing still, and not swooping at each other.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See, when you're swooping your attack isn't sent to the server until you stop. When you swoop into someone else you stop, and your attack goes off (assuming you are holding the attack button down), so there is no .9 second delay. When you are standing still melee simply fires every .9 seconds and nothing happens in the meantime. You don't have to worry about attacking at the same time as your opponent unless he happens to be timing his attacks to the tenth of a second with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom